Europeans on American steel

skrib139

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you guys can laugh all you want but what i said is still true. do you really think if a train runs in a city as big a new york for couple of hours every writer will see it? for better or worse, writers in nyc don't care. you can jump up and down and pull your hair out after painting a million clean trains and no one here cares.

or you can do like o'clock and show some awareness of what is going in today and get props. maybe paint with a few local writers that are on the cutting edge instead of washed up old men. it's up to you. if you are coming to nyc to live out your adolescent fantasy of hitting the subway, fine. if you are really doing it for yourself, that should be all that matters. but you want fame, that's not going to cut it. its funny how angry you people get that the scene you idolized doesn't think your shit...

as for the macho shit about how hard trains are to do... please. if you want to prove you're a hardass, spray painting on trains, no matter how well guarded is a joke.

Guest Tikriminal
Originally posted by DripOfAWish

isn't skew aussie?

yeah, but hes not US..... and there he is raping the NY system..

Originally posted by worldoflies

you guys can laugh all you want but what i said is still true. do you really think if a train runs in a city as big a new york for couple of hours every writer will see it? for better or worse, writers in nyc don't care. you can jump up and down and pull your hair out after painting a million clean trains and no one here cares.

or you can do like o'clock and show some awareness of what is going in today and get props. maybe paint with a few local writers that are on the cutting edge instead of washed up old men. it's up to you. if you are coming to nyc to live out your adolescent fantasy of hitting the subway, fine. if you are really doing it for yourself, that should be all that matters. but you want fame, that's not going to cut it. its funny how angry you people get that the scene you idolized doesn't think your shit...

as for the macho shit about how hard trains are to do... please. if you want to prove you're a hardass, spray painting on trains, no matter how well guarded is a joke.

Hahaha...Why go on to the Metal Threads section at all??!... You obviously have no love for steel... How can you say tagging a few doors (as much as I may like a tag on a door) could be more important than daytime photos of colour wholecars on the "Most impossible subwaysystem in the whole world ever etc etc etc"????..."Don't hate, congratulate." ... Anyway why do Americans have to get so patriotic about these things?... just cause your subway system gets painted by a few tourists doesn't mean you're gonna get invaded or something!!!... Relax. Anyway fresh additions.

Originally posted by Inaword...

Hahaha...Why go on to the Metal Threads section at all??!... You obviously have no love for steel... How can you say tagging a few doors (as much as I may like a tag on a door) could be more important than daytime photos of colour wholecars on the "Most impossible subwaysystem in the whole world ever etc etc etc"????..."Don't hate, congratulate." ... Anyway why do Americans have to get so patriotic about these things?... just cause your subway system gets painted by a few tourists doesn't mean you're gonna get invaded or something!!!... Relax. Anyway fresh additions.

i have a lot of respect for anyone that hits real steel. i have been known to do it on occaision myself. just try to understand that not everyone has the same conception of what graffiti is supposed to be. to each his own. and i never said ny had the hardest subway system to paint, i know damn well that's not true. i've been to europe...

and about being invaded, just the opposite of what you are suggesting, i wish when you foreigners came here, you'd do more stuff that gets seen. then we might actually know you were here.

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by Von schnabel

Do you think europeans fly all over the world to impress newyorkers? Get over your self.

yeah iwas gonne add that too, worldoflies: why do cats hafta come there to impress you? they love the steel, they come for it, end of story. you dont like it, cool, dont sweat it. i, for one, am mostly embarassed when i see these cats getting lots of US steel done..but , at the same time, as i explained on the wholetrain thread, i also understand that it doesnt mean europeans are better or iller per se, theyre just doing a different version of graff that we are.

Archived