Get A BRAIN! MORANS || GO USA

Poop Man Bob

Guest BROWNer

more 'tirade'

arguably force is required sometimes. its probably a really fine line that

i don't think i could define...i'm saying that although

it may be a requirment for peace in some cases which i won't attempt to define, i don't believe the case for force was made with iraq, and at the forefront of this we have to understand that whenever innocent death in the thousands happens it is never 'just' or 'noble' and war is always

'sold' to the public by lies, in this latest case, with blatant lies. its to the point that the united states believes its own myth of war. i'm just trying to understand it from an ethical standpoint

becuz the weight of these actions ultimately falls to the people

of the united states, britain and the rest of us privileged westerners, with an opposite re-action yet to be seen. could be more terrorism. more fear and anxiety. definitely widespread resentment. bizarrely, its almost as if 9/11 reinforced america's arrogant 'we can't be touched' mindstate.

in indonesia nobody did fuck all, and kissinger and ford spent 2 days there chillin' out. the day after they left indonesia invaded. we could have put political pressure on the indonesia's at the very least. when i say 'we', i mean the west in general, canada was also selling arms to the indonesians at the time.

with saddam, obviously he's a scumbag, and the US and britain whipped up the demonisation into such a fever that it feels like he actually was an immediate threat to the west and his neighbours. playing the terrorism card you could probably blackball just about anyone with the right amount of fear mongering and threat ambiguity. i just don't think the bush team exhausted the resources available to it, and i don't think they ever planned on putting any real effort before the UN, rather they accomodated the UN with a timetable that was molded around their buildup of force. as soon as the military structure was in place they pretty much cut the lines of diplomacy and any chance for a peaceful solution. all this while nuclear north korea made threats to the US and nuclear pakistan tested missiles.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest im not witty

i just thought this would be a good thread to tell this story.

today at wendy's there was this old balding white man in front of me in line, he was ordering slowly one item at a time, and his last order was for a medium freedom fry. i laughed because i hadnt yet heard anyone seriously say freedom fries. then i laughed double hard b/c the toothless crack head lady behind the counter was clueless about the whole french fry controversy ...well fuck it ill just type out the conversation

Baldy: 'a medium frosty and a medium freedom fry"

Cracky: "what?... we dont have freedom fries"

B:(shocked) you dont have fries?

C: yea we got fries, but just regular ones... we dont carry no freedom fries.

B: oh, im just..well ...i dont say THAT WORD anymore because of how those people treat us, i wont say it.

C: "mmm hmm ok (still clueless and now a bit agitated), so just a regular fry then?

hahaha. oh man. sad but true.

Archived