Updated American Clean Train Thread!

Mellow Mood

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

legend has it gkae hit up the blueline in longbeach/los angeles, but ive never seen a flick, also ive heard stories of jome srt nsf getting a throw up on it, filled. not trying to bring heat, but anyone know if the blueline or redline in los angeles has been hit?

http://q13.trb.com/news/kcpq-021908-streetcarvandals,0,1792517.story

Vandals Hit South Lake Union Street Car

Darren Dedo, Q13 FOX News

February 19, 2008, 8:57 PM PST

Seattle police are looking for a trio of vandals that are responsible for spray painting hundreds of dollars in graffiti tags all over the orange car of the South Lake Union Street Car System.

Photo Credit: Seattle Times

Police say the vandals caused the damage after breaking into the street car yard at 1105 Harrison Street early Monday morning.

Neighbors like Joey Medicinehorse say the crime is senseless. "They just wanted to get their mark on something, I don't think it's a good thing at all," said Medicinehorse.

Graffiti clean up crews spent all day Tuesday scrubbing and power washing the paint from the orange trolley car.

According to police two men used spray paint on the street car, while another acted as a lookout. Metro Transit says a security guard scared the criminals off before they could finish.

The Seattle Department of Transportation issued Q13 Fox News this statement about the crime.

"We are disappointed that vandals want to undermine the streetcar system that Seattle has so warmly embraced. The city of Seattle will work diligently to ensure that this sort of mean-spirited act is not repeated."

The graffiti crime was a popular conversation piece at nearby Kapow Coffee shop, which has made the street cars internationally famous.

Jeremiah St. George was relieved the taggers didn't plaster the shop's famous T-shirt slogan on the orange car. "I'm just glad they didn't write ride the slut on there," said St. George.

Riders like Kelley Haderlie worried that the crime would disrupt her schedule. "If it cuts down the service, and I'm unable to ride it, and that means longer waiting times, that makes me angry," said Haderlie.

Metro Transit says service was not affected by the vandalism. Anyone with information about this crime is urged to call Seattle Police.

Archived