blarg.

Prae1Boston

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: HOW MANY BLENDS ARE THERE???

Originally posted by eCaNeMMeNaCe

:confused:

an army of blendoes.

havent seen ur shit in awhile, sum tite shit blend. i got sum plans for sat nite. nothin def yet, but if ur interested, IM me or sumthin.

Originally posted by Frate Raper

and when the next trend comes around you'll be the first one to jump on that too.I hate this area of 12 o why'd I come here?

nice bites

just because i have a style simmilar to what you consider "trendy" does not mean

a.) theyr bitten

b.) im doing this because its trendy

c.) i like you in any way. in fact, just from reading what you wrote here; complaining, just like everyone else who thinks theyre better, and not offering constructive criticizm, and THEN saying the most cliche thing for a 12ozer to say; "i hate paper chase", i fucking despize you. I dont care if you're better, i loathe you, and all the other elitest fucking members of 12oz who just fucking complain about paper chase and mock the "toys". Youre worthless. :)

oh, and just for clarification, i am prae1boston, the "other" blend.

I'm gonna give some criticism, good and bad. It looks good, the letters and colors are solid. Then I'll say that everyone "bites", or gets influence from somewhere or something. But the difference between biting and getting an influence is throwing in a little twist, a little bit of your own flavor. I honestly dont see anything original about this particular set of letters and how they work together. I swear I've seen it done exactly like that before and I have never seen any work by "blend".

I'm just giving my objective viewpoint without being a dick.

Guest Frost-BK

I'm gonna give some criticism, good and bad. It looks good, the letters and colors are solid. Then I'll say that everyone "bites", or gets influence from somewhere or something. But the difference between biting and getting an influence is throwing in a little twist, a little bit of your own flavor. I honestly dont see anything original about this particular set of letters and how they work together. I swear I've seen it done exactly like that before and I have never seen any work by "blend". I'm just giving my objective viewpoint without being a dick.

Sorry Blend but I have to agree,

There isn't anything that makes it stand out, it looks like the same old shit from ITD or DIE crew.

You need to put in some of OWN flavor into those pieces otherwise it looks like a Dwel bite or one of them cats from TICTOC.

Was that criticism positive enough for you?

Originally posted by Frost-BK

I'm gonna give some criticism, good and bad. It looks good, the letters and colors are solid. Then I'll say that everyone "bites", or gets influence from somewhere or something. But the difference between biting and getting an influence is throwing in a little twist, a little bit of your own flavor. I honestly dont see anything original about this particular set of letters and how they work together. I swear I've seen it done exactly like that before and I have never seen any work by "blend". I'm just giving my objective viewpoint without being a dick.

Sorry Blend but I have to agree,

There isn't anything that makes it stand out, it looks like the same old shit from ITD or DIE crew.

You need to put in some of OWN flavor into those pieces otherwise it looks like a Dwel bite or one of them cats from TICTOC.

Was that criticism positive enough for you?

actually, yeah, i can see what you are saying, esp with dwel. i guess him and some others are the ones who inspired me to try out this style. i love it and i want to stick with it. I tried to add some of my style in that last piece, but i think its only natural that my shit look somewhat like the peoples that influenced me(may not be grammaticly correct). whatever, im rambling. ill try harder next time.

Time for my opinion on biting and influence.

Everyone has their own definition of Biting. My definition is stealing somebody elses style on purpose because they cant think of something to do on their own. I dont like calling people biters unless I know what kind of person they are. I think most people dont accually copy people on purpose, I think they tend to be so used to what they always see and it just ends up being on their next sketch. The internet has a lot to do with this "influation of styles" becuase kids these days are exposed to so many different styles of pieces, and they are always seeing them because they are all over the internet. I dont like the term biter, If your a biter your creativity level is low. I think in most cases people do not bite, I could be wrong, But like I said, I think most of the time its just people drawing what they are so used to seeing. It also could just be somebody likes the style so much, they want to test it out and transform it into their own

Just something I felt needed to be said in this situation. Goodnight

Archived