Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
non-hetero

MTV is a fucking joke!

It won't be showing any war related videos at all. I mean like ANY videos from ANY time that show bombs or war related pictures.

Luckily I'm Canadian and have much stations.

I suggest you download Boom! by System of a Down video off Kazaa. It's an anti war protest video. . . While I'm pro-taking out Saddam this video is well put together and rather convincing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/26/arts/mus...&partner=GOOGLE

im just tired of people complainging about how shitty mtv is. is talking about it really going to shed any more light on the topic? if it really gets you all wound up like this why dont you just not watch it, or if you already dont, why do you care what videos they show?

everyone walks around with a chip on their shoulder when it comes to mtv. you know you watch it, you know you grew up watching it. if you think it is a "fucking joke" now, go watch some history channel. thats more interesting, anyway.

Muchmusic is just as bad as MTV. They have maybe 4 hours a week of decent stuff, all of it with George Strombolpoluos.....

I'm not talking about the quality of the programming, I'm talking about the censorship of videos. This broad censorship seems like an excuse not to air videos like Boom.

Originally posted by non-hetero

This broad censorship seems like an excuse not to air videos like Boom.

well, yes.

man, i love mtv.

whatever.

as long as they dont show pro-war bullshit, i can deal with them not showing anti-war shit.

i was flipping through the channels the other night and i saw that mtv had war coverage

i said hmm ill watch it

what the fuck? they were explaining things going on in iraq

like the reasons we went to war or whatnot, all fine and dandy

then about halfway down the list they have to throw in the fact that

britney spears music isnt allowed to be played in iraq

later they threw in some other pop facts also which had nothing to do

with a serious topic like the war

is this seriuosly what they have to do to keep viewers?

Originally posted by Girth Brooks

mtv is a joke but system of a down isn't?

What I was thinking all along...

Guest willy.wonka

Mtv is run by gay people, i swear.

the interesting thing about mtv is the extent in which they go to market to a specific demographic. Basically, they find what "underground" thing is cool, build it up, market it back to young people and eventually destroy it, then move on to the next "trend." Its alot more involved then some might think, and if you boycott mtv be prepared to boycott, Comedy Central, TVLAND, Nickalodeon and a few other stations which I can't remember. All of which are owned by Viacom. All of which use the same marketing techniques. Just watch them...you can tell the similarities...PBS's Frontline had a very interesting program on all of this, if you can find it I suggest watching it. Okay I'm over with. MTV is one giant infomercial anyways. buck buck

Originally posted by Joker

What I was thinking all along...

how's that new marilyn manson album, old timer?

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

Muchmusic is just as bad as MTV. They have maybe 4 hours a week of decent stuff, all of it with George Strombolpoluos.....

I used to get the Much music channel. I liked it better than MTV though. Does anyone else remember and or miss The Box?

Originally posted by willy.wonka

Mtv is run by gay people, i swear.

(and a gay man does:rolleyes: )

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this