MTV is a fucking joke!

non-hetero

It won't be showing any war related videos at all. I mean like ANY videos from ANY time that show bombs or war related pictures.

Luckily I'm Canadian and have much stations.

I suggest you download Boom! by System of a Down video off Kazaa. It's an anti war protest video. . . While I'm pro-taking out Saddam this video is well put together and rather convincing.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/03/26/arts/mus...&partner=GOOGLE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

im just tired of people complainging about how shitty mtv is. is talking about it really going to shed any more light on the topic? if it really gets you all wound up like this why dont you just not watch it, or if you already dont, why do you care what videos they show?

everyone walks around with a chip on their shoulder when it comes to mtv. you know you watch it, you know you grew up watching it. if you think it is a "fucking joke" now, go watch some history channel. thats more interesting, anyway.

i was flipping through the channels the other night and i saw that mtv had war coverage

i said hmm ill watch it

what the fuck? they were explaining things going on in iraq

like the reasons we went to war or whatnot, all fine and dandy

then about halfway down the list they have to throw in the fact that

britney spears music isnt allowed to be played in iraq

later they threw in some other pop facts also which had nothing to do

with a serious topic like the war

is this seriuosly what they have to do to keep viewers?

the interesting thing about mtv is the extent in which they go to market to a specific demographic. Basically, they find what "underground" thing is cool, build it up, market it back to young people and eventually destroy it, then move on to the next "trend." Its alot more involved then some might think, and if you boycott mtv be prepared to boycott, Comedy Central, TVLAND, Nickalodeon and a few other stations which I can't remember. All of which are owned by Viacom. All of which use the same marketing techniques. Just watch them...you can tell the similarities...PBS's Frontline had a very interesting program on all of this, if you can find it I suggest watching it. Okay I'm over with. MTV is one giant infomercial anyways. buck buck

Originally posted by Dr. Dazzle

Muchmusic is just as bad as MTV. They have maybe 4 hours a week of decent stuff, all of it with George Strombolpoluos.....

I used to get the Much music channel. I liked it better than MTV though. Does anyone else remember and or miss The Box?

MTV makes me wanna smoke crack,

Fall out of the window,

and I'm never comin' back.

MTV makes me wanna get high,

Can't get a ride no matter how I try.

And everything's perfect

And everything's bright

And everyone's perky

And everyone's a tight

...Of those video's

A watch 'em all day.

{Background}

[Manager: What's the problem?]

[beck: Uhh, I dunno...just stop the tape]

(* Here, he now does a Frank Sinatra Style of music, with a piano

*)

Hey, alright.

MTV... whoa,

Makes me wanna smoke Crack.

Fly out the window,

And I'm never comin' back.

MTV makes me want to get high...as the moon,

Like a rubber balloon.

Oh, get that squeegee.

Everything's wonderful,

Everything's grand,

Everything's swingin',

All across the land.

You know it.

Bust out the biscuits,

Strike up the band,

Play those videos everyone woman and man

Cuz...

MTV...whoa, makes me wanna smoke crack.

Hey

Fly out the window,

and I'm never coming back.

Oooh

MTV...makes me want to get high as a kite,

Getting all uptight.

Take it

Ahh yea. Fake it till ya make it.

Right about now.

Stepping into a cold ass fesh.

Ahh yea, we whack that thing.

I work down at the video store,

Making some change.

With the sparkle in my step,

And a smile on my face.

Condominiums...rising above,

And those videos are better than love.

Yea, MTV...one...MTV...check...MTV makes me wanna smoke crack.

Originally posted by XMartyrX

the interesting thing about mtv is the extent in which they go to market to a specific demographic. Basically, they find what "underground" thing is cool, build it up, market it back to young people and eventually destroy it, then move on to the next "trend." Its alot more involved then some might think, and if you boycott mtv be prepared to boycott, Comedy Central, TVLAND, Nickalodeon and a few other stations which I can't remember. All of which are owned by Viacom. All of which use the same marketing techniques. Just watch them...you can tell the similarities...PBS's Frontline had a very interesting program on all of this, if you can find it I suggest watching it. Okay I'm over with. MTV is one giant infomercial anyways. buck buck

If the next trend is "hate mtv" how would they go about marketing this? Its sort of like writing a book on how evil tv is, and then you go advertise the book on c-span (tv.)

Archived