Nostalgia. Old people only.

Guest KING OF HELL

Guest KING OF HELL

dude....if your at least 25 you should remember most of these.. and feel free to add. but i dont want any like 19 year olds talking about the heyday of voltron or power rangers.

Micronauts. Hong Kong Fooey. New Zoo Review. Zoom. Plasticman. The Herculoids. Dungeos and Dragons cartoon with all the kids in the roles. Great Space Coaster. Slim Goodbody. Mr Green Jeans. ok ok ok...get your old on.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if memory serves correct the herculoids were the shit. Im gonna have to go out on a limb and say that old school MTV cartoon Banana man was cool too.

But i want to digress from the TV and move more along the lines of toys. What ever happened to kids playin outside on the slip and slide? Ohh i almost forgot about that really big round game with the 4 different colored lights on it that you have to press in a certain pattern..........SIMON.

The greatest cartoon ever was MASK. These fools actually had cars that

turned into cooler cars. HAHAHa

• Like 1

ya know, im old enough, but i didnt really watch any of those.... i dont know if it was a regional thing or what, but they certainly werent pushed in my area.

i did watch the d&d one somewhat though.

what about the wrestling/monster truck cartoon? it was a half our show split up into two 15 minute segments.

who the fuck decided to make a cartoon about monster trucks?

a-team, magnum p.i., simon and simon, great american hero...

Are You a Child of the 80s?

Trapped between the "Baby Boomers" and "Generation Y" is a special generation ... a generation we call "Children of the Eighties." If you can identify with most of the 15 points below, chances are you are definitely one of them ...

1. You owned a *real* Rubik's cube. Still have one.

2. One word: Izod.

3. You remember when MTV didn't exist. Alternatively you remember when the M stood for Music, not Mundane.

4. "Alternative" music actually was...and not popular Top 40 tunes.

5. You were a "wanna be". Madonna, Duran Duran, Michael Jackson, Cyndi Lauper, Boy George, etc.

6. "Where's the beef?"

7. You know how to use a rotary phone.

8. Max Headroom was cool.

9. You know how (or wanted to be able) to Moonwalk!

10. Atari, IntelliVision, TelStar and Coleco were the ultimate gaming systems to own. Still have one.

11. Leg warmers and headbands alá Pat Benatar once looked really cool to you.

12. You remember when Jordache jeans with a flat-handle comb in the back pocket was cool.

13. Jelly bracelets & shoes!

14. Your hair defied gravity.

15. You are still baffled by the "day glo" clothing trend.

So, are you a Child of the '80s? You're facing a long uphill culture battle to stay tuned-in to that great decade, so follow our advice:

Never forget or deny your 80s heritage. Be sure to start most of your sentences with "Back in the 80s" or "When I was your age"...

Spend a majority of your time in your late 20s & early 30s obsessing over how much better things were "back then".

Never let them see you sweat.

we didn't have a television until i was at least six..and in school

we also had restricted viewing..

the first cartoons i really got into were the Smurfs and the ORIGINAL Transformers

i remember when there were (was) no:

(mtv of course)

fox network

CNN

VCR's

DVD's

world wibe web

gulf wars

fax machine

personal computer

CELLULAR PHONES

pagers (or only ER doctors had them)

GPS

smart bombs

radar guns and radar detectors

and i remember when:

girls wore roach clips in their hair with a feather (judas priest fans)

RUN-DMC was the biggest rap group EVER

an actor was president

JAMS were the coolest shorts, or clothing, to own

roller skating was a popular weekend activity

girls wore leg warmers, jelly bracelets, shoes, jordache, SASSOON, chic etc

CHiPs and Dukes of Hazzard was the coolest

a-team, magnum p.i., simon and simon, great american hero..

i'll have to go with seeking ehre, all of these shows were greaqt. i recently started watching the a-team on the new tnn, until they pulled that shit or did wahtever. it was great reliving childhood tv. i actually watched mcgyver on tvland last night...man, i honestly think i have seen every a-team,mcgyver, and knight rider episode known to man...the greatest american hero, too...

what about remington steele? anybody else watch that show? or sledghammer? jesus, great thread king of hell

Originally posted by mr.yuck

The greatest cartoon ever was MASK. These fools actually had cars that

turned into cooler cars. HAHAHa

i remember watching that cartoon....i even have a box FULL of those toys i kept......hahaha....man according to hell king.....is that old....im not old...but remember at least half o the shit u guys r talking about.....

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by seeking

ya know, im old enough, but i didnt really watch any of those.... i dont know if it was a regional thing or what, but they certainly werent pushed in my area.

i did watch the d&d one somewhat though.

yep..

i'm thinkin' it was regional seeking..i grew up in london/ONT and didn't see

any of those 'cept for d&d...

mask was big in my posse..

I remember watching thunder cats as a kid, not as reruns on cartoon network.

Silly putty - do they still make this?

comic books- not this sorry excuse for comics they have these days

what were those stretchy slip on shoes called?

TOYS IN CEREAL BOXES EVERYTIME (when was the last time you got a toy in your cereal box?)

I Cant remember where Pee-Wees playhouse fits into the whole scheme of things.....TOAST AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/images/Bendys%20Page/bendy-noid.JPG'>

mr. t and friends was cool...ha ha i remember the hulk hogan cartoon, too...that was some funny shit....g.i. joe was big in my groupe when i was eight or so...before that, i was watching captain kangaroo, mr. rogers...never watched romper room....the bozo show was one of my favorites. i regret the uck out of it now, because bozo and his sidekick were really kind of assholes now that i think about it...there was also this weird ass 70's type show involving a rollercoaster and some big ass clown or someshit...it was in a band with these dorky kids...gah, what kind of shit did i grow up on? no wonder i used so much acid as a teenager....