Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Lush

Did anybody else see this movie yet? I have to admit that I really didn't want to go see it at first, and when my boyfriend told me to get ready because our friends were a minute away from his place to pick us up for it, I wasn't too impressed. BUT after I finally figured out what the hell those damn shadowy spirits were and what was happening I rather enjoyed myself. I didn't know what the hell was going on in the very beginning. I thought it might be some game/dream sequence/virtual reality thing.

I thought the animation was incredible. There were a few parts where they moved more like apes than humans, and I've gotta say they really didn't move their lips too much. There were a few small parts where the characters movements were right on though.

The script kinda sucked. Steve Buschemi's lines were mostly terrible, which is too bad because I think he's great. I thought I heard Donald Sutherland in there as the old guy (anybody else think so?), and I was kinda mad that they killed so many people at the end. I also hated the token sentimental part when they shoot out into space and have that little make out session.

hopefully if you haven't seen it I haven't ruined it for you. anyway I liked it,and I usually hate action flicks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i was hopin it would be like the game...you know...bahamut zero and that type of shit...

but i think hollywood producers might have fucked it up.....the game blew my ass away....

i wonder what the movie would do....

when does it come out?

------------------

go go GODZILLA.....

as far as i know, the actual body movements are totally human...actors hookt up with sensors that mimic exactly smooth human movement....i think the lip movement thing is the biggest hurdle they've got these days for making it really convincing...............i might go see it.....probably not.

Originally posted by GODZILLA:

when does it come out?

It came out yesterday or the day before I think.

I've never played the game or heard anything about it, so I can't say anything about the connection between the two....

went to see it tonight, about an hour into the movie, when they switched reels, the second reel was upside down, and playing in reverse, so they stopped the movie and gave out refunds, shitty, and i don't know when i'll bother to see the rest.

------------------

Will there ever be a Rainbow?

Archived