am i retard?(mac html question)

mental invalid

dont answer that........

can someone please explain to me how the fuck do i hand edit and code html on a mac????

again i ask the question am i a retard????

i mean is there a basic way like with a PC, view source, in notepad, make changes and then click save, refresh and BANG changes made!!

it cant be this hard!!

"hello, my name is roe, and im a disgruntled marketing employee, and im NOT switching to a mac"

ps...i dont want a WYSIWYG!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

see dood thats exactly it.....i viewed the source....copied it to appleworks made the changes, saved it as HTML and then when i opened the file in IE all i saw was the code....WTF...or when i just open the actually HTML page in works, all i see is the actual page, aligned right! WTF

i tried typing in simpletext into the help function to see where it was, and nothing came up.....

help!

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Brief cameo appearance from sunny PR...

Dude, there MUST be SimpleText somewhere on your Mac. Don't look for it in the help section, look for it with Sherlock or whatever system finding tool you have. There should be multiple copies of it in random places.

If not, try saving the AppleWorks file as a text file but with an html extension. Maybe when you save as an html file in AppleWorks it generates NEW html so that whatever you typed looks the way it is on a browser.

Finally, if you have Netscape, you have Composer, which is an html editor. Back to beer and hammocks,

El Mamerro

*places Corona down, gets off hammock, stretches and breathes fresh tropical air, walks over to computer, sits down, replies:

Yeah.

Guest BROWNer

come on dude, that's not nice.

ps-its cold and raining like a mothersnozzle here..too bad i don't have

a transporter module.

If it makes you feel any better, I've got some sort of throat/chest infection that has me coughing up phlegm so solid it bounces off things. Hopefully these antibiotics work quickly and I'll be able to resume drinking soon.

Any luck, Roe?

yes!

although not to raise my hopes....cause all i had time to do this weekend was just do a search using the sherlock finder or whatever the hell it is....i did not find "simple text" per say, but i did find simple text docs that i can just resave and use as a template....also i did find netscape as well as that editor....we just started with AOL so i never bothered to look for netscape.....so im gonna get cracking on it tonite....

so big up to mams and everyone else.....good lookin out...good luck with that whooping cough dood, sounds rough....

skunk, ill try that link later, thanks though.......

on a side note, does apple have a listing for user errors??? like what they are regarding too....i get one sometimes with my the cd burner, did the reinstall but still getting it, and there is no info on it....

thanks

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

^ i used to get something like that until i slowed down the burn speed. then it was all good.

Archived