· • H A R D C O R E music T H R E A D • ·

-Rage-

yeah man ptw second cd was awesome. i loved hatebreed right b efore and after their victory album came out. then 4 years later playingthe same songs got sorta old. but i dont care what anyone says, to many bands just try to take something too far. as with ptw, eighteen visions, etc. 18v 2 first albums were awesome, even the 3rd on trustkill was ok. but the vanity thing is gay. people find a trend then murder it. thats why i just about abandoned hardcore and went to total metal. i used to be super scenester, now i just go when a decent band is playing. most hardcore sucks, mostly because of the metal core bullshit now.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: a question

Originally posted by pooponme

Like PTW, their old stuff fucking rocks, but their new cd? that was horrid.

I, for one, loved the new album. At first listen, it sucked. I just listened to it over and over. Now it's in top rotation.

NO ONE can EVER compare a bands old album to new. NEVER. There is no point. It will never be the same. The band might be influenced by listening to another style or variation...thus changing THEIR style.

As for the 'commercialization' of Hardcore/Metal it's rediculous. You can keep your fucking MTV. They see a band they think no one has ever heard before and put a "Brand Spanking New" sticker on it. FUCK YOU. This is retarded. As angelofdeath put it "people find a trend then murder it." Well said.

People who want good hardcore should look into the older scene. Late 80's early 90's Revelation Records.

Inside Out motherfucker.

Blah.. who knows.

nothing can stay "underground" forever. and to some extent, i think it's good that these bands are getting hte kind of exposure they are. sure, it'll draw in a million teeny-bopper "hardcore" kids, but it's happened before. it'll happen again. but think of this, chances are somewhere in the midst of those million "new jacks", there's gonna be 4 or 5 kids that end up becoming the next amazing hardcore band. everyone starts somewhere.

on the other hand, i fully feel the frustration with what's going on in/with hardcore right now. i personally think hatebreed is incredibly redundant, and damn near every sing they've ever written sounds the same. so if the "nu-metal" world wants to embrace them, go ahead. as far as poison the well, i think the new record is really good. it's just evolution, every band (except hatebreed, evidently. ha.) goes though it. that kind of deftones/glassjaw sound that PTW has now, that's more of what they're actually into, you know? it's what moves them as people.

if a band that i really like can making a living doing this, good for them. BUT, if the money is what they're in this for, fuck them.

"cash from chaos", right?

I agree bands do progress musically all the time. And i'm not gonna like throw grenades at them, but like you said if their jsut in it for makin' the money, then thats stupid. I mean money makes the world go round. It just makes me angry when all these new jacks come in and they have no clue of the history behind the music, the scene. You know? the roots of hardcore from minor threat to youth of today to all those great bands in the late 80's and then on. I'm not gonna live off those bands, but keep the philosophies in my brain. Gotta keep trudging forward. ahaha ohhh how cliche. but yeah.

i totally agree.. it's almost sad that most of these kids of no idea of anything older than earth crisis. and if they do, it's pretty much only minor threat and all the revelation bands. not even all of them. i think new jacks should all be issued a copy of american hardcore haha.. maybe then they'll get some sort of idea as to what it was that made this music so great.

I don't think they could ever handle the old school 'core man. Like Release, SSD, four walls falling, turning point, insted, against a wall, alone in a crowd, side by side, judge, . man the list goes on. Thats what I started out listening to. I used to steal my borthers old 7"'s and 12"'s rock out to all the old bands man. Let's bring it back to the cargoe and hoodie days and mosh it up. No more of this tight pant, and black hair stuff. I wanna see the sXe kids wearing fucking construction gloves with huge X's on them again. haaha we could only dream of that happeneing again.

word.

the first time i saw em (as AN) they were so good i was all "who the fuuuuuu????? where can i get soma that?"

and i went out and copped the album..

i've seen em twice since, and they are still so fucking energetic.

the crowd was goin insane.

i saw some fat kid take a flying leap.

some fools tried to grab him, but mostly he just hit the floor.

some poor dude made the mistake of jumping right after him, in about the same place.

he just hit the floor.

fuckin people climbing poles and shit, some chick grabbing the singer's head and like, locking that shit in her arms. i thought he was a goner.

yeah.

i'll do that again..

but damn the kids are getting young.

made me feel old.

but in a good way.

i saw the bad brains when some of those kids wren't born....or, maybe when they were about 3 or 4.

LOL

yeah they do put on a good show. it was a good show. ive seen them a good 5- 6 times and the energy is always there. there sound brought back a different approach to the monontonous tough guy stuff. i gotta admit i dont think american nightmare is like totally awesome, but i do like there shows. good sing alongs and stuff. whos going to slayer and arch enemy in dc?

as for the idea of hardcore becomeing mainstream and the ptw thing, i absoloutly loved oposite of december and then i hated tear from the red and i refuse to even listen to the new cd because the other day my mom was going throught the newspaper and found a circut city add and on the front was all new CD's comeing out and she goes"hey dont you always wear that poison the well shirt?wanna go to circut city and buy the CD while it is on sale." so that just ruined any ptw for me oh and check out this band www.arsonata.com really good kids with really good music. and on the mainstream discusion again, bury your dead almost went on tour with AFI, if that happende i would never listen to them again.

Guest HESHIANDET

posting in this thread (excluding me) proves one or all of the following"

-closet homosexuality

-doesn't get laid, or fucks mediocre girls

-on someones dick

-likes really shitty music

-dresses bad

-has a weird sense of a good time

-racist

-average age 14-16

and the worst of all:

OPENLY AND MILITANTLY sXe

-------------------------------------

hardcore is dead. shit is so 1990's. get over it, listen to nigger music -err rap

Originally posted by HESHIANDET

posting in this thread (excluding me) proves one or all of the following"

-closet homosexuality

-doesn't get laid, or fucks mediocre girls

-on someones dick

-likes really shitty music

-dresses bad

-has a weird sense of a good time

-racist

-average age 14-16

and the worst of all:

OPENLY AND MILITANTLY sXe

-------------------------------------

hardcore is dead. shit is so 1990's. get over it, listen to nigger music -err rap

well how about this... you dont listen to the music but you still post in the thread which leads me to believe

1. you have NO life but go through all the threads even ones you have no reason to look in.

2.you think your boss cuz you post 29387465236 times a day

3. you assume too much, im not sXe, i get criticized because of that,but, thats because that is not what i believe, not because then YOU think its dumb

4. if you thinks its "so 1990's" good for you then you obviousl dont know enough abuot it to talk shit so how about you shut the fuck up

5.im not racist but.. your a hypocrit "listen to nigger music -err rap" yea and thats not racist you fuck?

why did i just waist all this time on such an asshole, im almost as dumb as him for makin this comeback

Guest HESHIANDET
Originally posted by ctRECK

well how about this... you dont listen to the music but you still post in the thread which leads me to believe

1. you have NO life but go through all the threads even ones you have no reason to look in.

2.you think your boss cuz you post 29387465236 times a day

3. you assume too much, im not sXe, i get criticized because of that,but, thats because that is not what i believe, not because then YOU think its dumb

4. if you thinks its "so 1990's" good for you then you obviousl dont know enough abuot it to talk shit so how about you shut the fuck up

5.im not racist but.. your a hypocrit "listen to nigger music -err rap" yea and thats not racist you fuck?

why did i just waist all this time on such an asshole, im almost as dumb as him for makin this comeback

oh man, obviously you were absent the day sarcasm was taught. so hardcore

• 2 weeks later...

Well I went home this weekend for what I thought to be Candiria, E Town, God Forbid and zAo. But apparently not.

No Candiria and no zAo.

Agents of Man, one of the worst Madball knock-off bands mixed with emotional garbage I've ever seen, EVER.

Next band Catalyst. Extremely good, If these guys are playing your area I'd recommend giving them a look. This band actually got me to dance. Mainly because of the MTV slipknot clad faggots who had been at this show.

Finally God Forbid. Yes, moment I've been waiting for. Amazing show, next to Sick of it All one of the best live performances I've seen in the last 6 years. Despite the band being quite fucked up thanks to a warm bottle of tequila.

Didn't stay for E-Town because well, I didn't go to see them in the first place.

It's sad to say but I can pretty much say the scene in Poughkeepsie after struggling to survive has pretty much died. Kids who have no idea what this is about, pushing people in the back, dancing into the crowd, think this is a Powerman 5000 show.

Fuck hardcore.

And after talking with an old Po-town friend... Shai Hulud will be having a reunion tour next year.

Hazen St. is recording now and should be on tour this spring-ish...hopefully or not.

Be on the look out in January for a new band quite similar to Shai Hulud... you might recognize some of the faces.

fuck hardcore kids.

maybe i'm just a jaded old man, but hardcore kids need to learn about sustaining a scene. maybe it's just the kids that i have to interact with, but when everything is a contest (tightest shirt, rarest 7", saddest girlfriend, etc.) it won't lead to anything good. everytime i go to hardcore shows i recognize fewer and fewer people, and the ones that i do see that i know are more and more hesitant to speak with me at shows because a)i'm not straight-edge, B) i'm not in a hardcore band, c) i don't listen to the "hippest" bands, and d) i'm not interested in scene politics and drama. these hardcore kids have brought middle school back to the forefront of discussion. until active members of the scene start retaliating for this bullshit behavior, it's jusy going to continue in a downward spiral. i don't collect records. i don't even own a record player! and i refuse to wear the h.c. kid uniform (running shoes and plugs included), just like refusing to wear ANY uniform. punk rock (which is where h.c. came from, not opinion, just fact) is about being different and being comfortable with that. doing what you want to do, being who you want to be, and saying FUCK YOU to everybody else. the punk scene has the same problems, but it is balanced out by "old-timers" who do a pretty good job of keeping everyone in check.

man, i have no idea where half that shit came from. sorry.

ok here is a top 20 everyone should own

1.)LOGICAL NONSENSE/SOUL POLLUTION

2.)EXTREME NOISE TERROR, CHAOS UK SPLIT LP

3.)LOS CRUDOS/DISCOGRAPHY

4.)DISSASSOCIATE

5.)DISGUST/BRUTALITY OF WAR

6.)DISRUPT/DISCOGORAPHY

7.)BUZZOVEN/ SORE

8.)POST REGIMENT/ DISCOGRAPHY

9.)SPAZZ/ SWEATIN TO THE OLDIES

10.)GRIMPLE

11.)CROSSED OUT