· • H A R D C O R E music T H R E A D • ·

-Rage-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Checked a bunch of those except the last 3 (will peep later), not doing it for me. Seems like a lot of random cords and I just don't see how you're going to rock with most of this unless you're like angry 24/7 and just need something, anything, to slam to. One of those had like a 3 minute intro that was just boring, doesn't build you up to anything. Was discussing this with someone the other day. If you ever saw the Cro-Mags back in the day or if you've even seen a video, when they start the intro to We Gotta Know it's a simple 3 cords played slow but every person there knows the place has nowhere to go but nuts once they start that up. I think this may be in part a generational thing. The newer generations consider themselves "woke" but I think when they get the sleep out their eyes and see the world for what it is we'll refind that nice balance of anger directed toward purpose.

One of those you posted, they went into Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood for a line or so, did think that was pretty fresh, would have rather heard them cover that song.

My boy is trying to get me into this but don't think I'm sold

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

OMB this thread basically me and you whats hood? You down with sheer terror or what. Im on my fourth phone since i started posting here im basically just posting to give myself clues while im inbetween smashing phones. You better be down with sheer terror khed

Will peep these when I can, lucky to have any type of service where I'm at.

Never really got into Sheer Terror. I might rather Blood For Blood except that the longer you listen to them the more you hate people lol.

I got old school shit on tape w/ Slapshot but never got much into them either, but have to respect the time they came from.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
19 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Saw that, unless someone else did a Judge one too.

noisey was the only one who did a doc on them i think

ive been listening to more "modern" hardcore bands lately

I dont think you can even really consider them hardcore since they sound similar but arent in any way structurally the same

I keep checking out suggestions people make on here but really can't seem to find a current HC band I can get into.  Or if I do, the band already made 2 albums then broke up.  A lot of what I hear has shades of past bands, which only makes me want to hear the original.  Some of the other new stuff... seems to lack originality and the feeling of those that came before.  But all that welled up in the 80's into the 90's, these are different times, for now.