· • H A R D C O R E music T H R E A D • ·

-Rage-

Guest duh-rye-won

^^^ just reading that list of bands reminds me of some good times i had being a little hardcore scenester. that was also when i was really amped about graffiti. i wish it was 7 years ago.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Dr. Drew

damn serum, i listened to the exact same shit back in the nineties, from youth crew to ebullition....i wish i got to paint with you when i was in O***a. you still hooked me up, and i got some flicks of your work.

no problem i just have to look you up when i'm in your area. your stuff was still up until last week. the city buffed the whole river spot and even further :bawling:

Originally posted by duh-rye-won

^^^ just reading that list of bands reminds me of some good times i had being a little hardcore scenester. that was also when i was really amped about graffiti. i wish it was 7 years ago.

yeah i miss hardcore. cheap shows, great music, and canvas vans. however i dont miss the lame people that went to the shows though, they can go to hell.:hatred: aka unpopular jocks that dont drink but need some serious anger management classes:heated:

Guest KING OF HELL

in no special order.

Verball Asault...one of the all time best EVER.

Swiz...jay farrel on guitar..like whoa..

Youth of Today

Slapshot..first show. rough. and i dont mean like ten kids doing karate chops.. i mean like a whirlwind of doom.

Embrace....one of the two first bands to ever be called emo. and that phrase was coined by thrasher magazinr for all you kis that think emo is indie rock sucker posing on stage with spock haircuts and girl jeans...

Quicksand.....dude... come on..walter at his best.

Turning Point...i cant evendecribe...like the songs off of the rebuilding comp and the split with no escape...amazing.

No Escape...soon to go to deadguy, tim singer ripped with this band..

Deadguy..killing music.

Rites of Spring... the other half of the first two bands to be called emo. amazing...

Moondogpre quicksand, but still great.

Shelter..the older stuff.

Underdog

Shift

Stillsuit

Negative Approach...one of the alltime best bans ever....

Intent to Injure....my hometown homeboys

Supertouch...."this engine is running out of steam.."

Into Another

Bold

GB...start todat still sends shivers up my spine

Inside Out....zack could be a nazi and id still love him for his work with vic on this

Beyond...if you dont know....

Wordls Collide..the truth is absolute!

Godspeed...this is where bands like thursday got their sound. and it was recorded inlike 91. ex turning point.

Shadow Season. another ex turning point band. first7" was dope.

Minor Threat. what?

Fugazi. most honest band in the world.

Negative FX

SSD.....The kis will have their say

Burn...theres two kinds of hardcore. before BURN and after BURN.

Farside. poppy, but always good.

Kingpin..(from boston....grat fucking band)

Eye for and EYE...building blocks of my youth.

Citizens Arrest

Infest

Soul Side......KTTK

the FU's

Bad Brains...fuck off if you dont know. you deserve to eat feces

Mouthpiece......they were the only band in that era that i liked. always hated earth crisis and strife. but ....i kinda like the firestorm 7"

Drift Again.

Temperance

Arise

Overcast...the last two in the early days.

Killing Time

Sick of it all

Cro-Mags...age of quarrel was just....oh man........

Drop Dead.

One King Down...im in robs house right now as we speak.

Lifetime.

Kid Dynamite

Another Wall.....leechmob!

Groundwork (from connecticut.. not the other one)...dance crew like whoa!

Downcast.

Breakdown

Sheer Terror.

this is my list part one. i will make another when i get back home. im going to see glassjaw tonight at the roseland, tomorrow in philly at the electric factory, and sunday in dc at 9"30 club.

Originally posted by ETHREADZNY

I guess poison the well, and alot of the other bands mention by others are the new breed in Hardcore.. I have been so out of the loop. The hardcore I grew up listening to are a few you mentioned, such as bad brains old earth crisis, okd plus older .groups..

Some other notable mention to bring up the golden days/

Maxium penalty

Breakdown

Sheer terror

Outburst

Negative Approach

Uppercut

Inside Out

Judge

Gorilla Biscuits

Minor Threat

S.O.A

Warzone

Sub Zero

Dog Eat Dog(only the first tape)

Bad Brains

Leeway

Reagan Youth

Sick Of it all

Ignite

Slapshot

Token Entry

Black Train Jack

Redemption 87

Life's Blood

Cause For Alarm

Yuppicide

Cro Mags

Wide Awake

Project X

Underdog

Quicksand

Madball

Bold

Follow Through

Straight Ahead

In mY eyes

Kill Your Idols

Ensign

Atlas Shrugged

Hands Tied

Bulldoze

Billy Club Sandwich

Awkward Thought

Unbroken

Killing Time

a few more to my list..

government issue

naked raygun

battery

right direction

uniform choice

the teen idles

american standard

a yes AFI, good call on early V.O.D

Where fear and Weapons meet

The Mighty Mighty Bosstones(where'd you go and devil's night out)

SSD

Agnostic front

Autumn was pretty horrible. The only good thing about them is that they covered a moondog song once.

My old band toured with autumn the summer before there Revelation/Crisis release came out.....uggghhh. They were some cool guys (some of them) ...but damn, they blew.

Does anyone get the Revelation Records email updates?? I only get them becuase every week they list "Rev fun facts" about Revelation releases, band memebers, etc...

Like...On the cover of "Bringin it down" what they hell are those 2 kids looking at while Porcell is doing his "guitar pose"?? Well... the cover photo was actually taken at a YOT show and those kids are looking at Ray jumping or something.

...heading to the Dragon's Lair!

That is such a Uberhxcnerd question...The irony is that I am too OLD to know that. That is what 20 year olds know so that they can appear to be more down, but older dudes like me just don't give a shit. Plus... I was never really a big Warzone fan so,...

I'm going to do some research anyway....

Guest Dr. Drew
Originally posted by serum

no problem i just have to look you up when i'm in your area. your stuff was still up until last week. the city buffed the whole river spot and even further

ha, i can't believe that piece ran for so long. R***r got me so stoned, i didn't even know what i was painting. i never paint high. i can paint drunk, but not high. sorry your spot got buffed.

Ever see a band called Cowpers? They're from Japan, and my friend hooked me up with their CD, kinda like Julia, or current, but kinda poppy too like lifetime or garden variety. just curious if they're any good live...