· • H A R D C O R E music T H R E A D • ·

-Rage-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dis-A-Fucking-Pointing

Well I get the new Atreyu CD.

Because well, they were really cool dudes when we hung out here. Even dressed up like ninjas for their halloween set. Which gets major bonus points.

But I get the new CD; The Curse. And this crap sounds like rejected 80s metal crossbred with modest mouse and a touch of every generic 'emo' band that has ever been put out.

Dear Victory Records,

Not every band that you sign to your label has to be the follow up successor to Thursday and Taking Back Sunday.

Remember when Atreyu had breakdowns?

Well that day is dead.

The guitar work is still very very well done technically.

**Breaking news. There was actually a breakdown.**

Pretty weak though. More of a thrashy sound that is starting to take over.

So far this CD is making me want to put on Killing the Dream.

good idea glik

Killing The Dream - Self Titled

5 thumbs up

This 7"/mcd is incredible. KTD is a band from California. The MCD has the demo tracks on it. I really recommend this, musically it is flawless and the lyrics make the music that much more amazing. Here is a link to an mp3 off of the 7". Check it out.

http://www.eulogyrecordings.com/prodimg/albums/300pixel/er25.jpg'>

Unearth - The Stings Of Conscience

http://www.angryalan.com/photohost/12ozalbum/hxc.gif'>http://www.angryalan.com/photohost/12ozalbum/hxc.gif'>http://www.angryalan.com/photohost/12ozalbum/hxc.gif'>http://www.angryalan.com/photohost/12ozalbum/hxc.gif'>

4 out of 5 hxc buddies

Best track: One Step Away

Okay. I tend to do this too often. I buy a CD somewhere cheap, but never listen to it.

This is one of those CD's. It has been sitting in my CD collection since February.

Kick me in the nads.

So, a couple weeks ago, I crack it open and give it a listen in my car on a 6 hour drive.

Needless to say I played it three whole times in that drive.

Great vocals, great breakdowns, great heart.

This CD makes me want to go to Ozzfest now.

Best breakdown tracks and times:

1. - My Heart Bleeds No Longer - 1:36

2. - One Step Away - 2:32

3. - Fuel The Fire - 1:52

4. - Only The People - 2:30

7. - Vanishment - 1:47

black my heart - fuck hearts

the banner - your murder mixtape

cast aside - the struggle

i hate you - discography

crime in stereo - explosives and the will to use them

unearth - the oncoming storm

stand accused - demo

chokehold - content with dying

duckhunt

casey jones - the few, the proud, the crucial

only crime - demo

silent drive - love is worth it

that sums up the last few days. seriously, check for duckhunt on soulseek or whatever.. that band is fucking awesome. and if you don't know about silent drive, it's dudes from ink cartridge funeral (which is dudes from bane). more rock, less core, all awesome.

Okay so its been a long long time since i have posted on here so peep it.

Glik0: I feel the same way about the new atreyu album. I didnt even buy it because i knew it was going to be whiggidy whi whi whaaaaaaaack. So i stole that shit. I gave it way, it was one of those 30,000 limited editions. boooooooooo. I will not be supporting that band at shows unless they release another album making up for the lack of being hardcore.

Two albums that i picked up recently that are the shit.

Time in malta

"Alone With The ALone"

Equal vision records

This is a good album, id give a 4 outta 5. There is more singing on it than Time in malta usually has in thier songs, however they still have technical breakdowns and powerful grinding riffs that get your blood boiling and makes you want to spin kick in your office cubicle. If this has any resemblance to a previous band with a similar style, it would be boysetsfire. Unfortunaltey a band that is on hiatus right now. Regardless this is a must have from this band and a must have for you true hardcore kids out there.

Unearth

"The Oncoming Storm"

Metal Blade Records

This is thier second full length and first release on Metal blade, a label that is gaining fast to the likes of Victory, who still claims to be the hardest label around(yeah right). This album is a 5 outta motherfucking 5 for me. I was anticipating this album dropping a month in advance after hearing some samples from the website. This is metalcore at its finest and metalblade is taking the crown hands down with other bands like as i lay dying, and lamb of god. Unearth does a beautiful job of mixing heavy grinding breakdowns with a touch of that metal feel and sound. The vocals are also great, at some points you can actually understand him, fancy that, in a metal core band. Regardless the sound is perfect, the production is excellent, it makes you want to break shit and slam dance till you fall from start to finish. Go BUY this now.

Originally posted by thehavenots

black my heart - fuck hearts

the banner - your murder mixtape

cast aside - the struggle

i hate you - discography

crime in stereo - explosives and the will to use them

unearth - the oncoming storm

stand accused - demo

chokehold - content with dying

duckhunt

casey jones - the few, the proud, the crucial

only crime - demo

silent drive - love is worth it

that sums up the last few days. seriously, check for duckhunt on soulseek or whatever.. that band is fucking awesome. and if you don't know about silent drive, it's dudes from ink cartridge funeral (which is dudes from bane). more rock, less core, all awesome.

Silent Drive is aweosme, I saw them play an acoustic set at a Strawberries around me, it was amazing. Good stuff

As for the other bands, unearth is good, the stand accused demo is good, the rest I don't really dig.

Aight peep ladies and gentleman, because ima crazy hardcore freak i got two more reviews for you.

HELLFEST VOLUME THREE

This is the greatest DVD i have bought yet. I have the 2002 dvd but this is by far much better and has better coverage of the crowds, the dancing, the energy, i mean you really get the feeling of the dogpile type toughguy hardcore acts to the all out crazy dillinger inspired thrashcore shit. this video fucking kicks major ass go buy this shit its worth every fucking penny.

Evergreen terrace

"writers block"

Eulogy recordings

HArd yet simply melodic and intense. So what if they are christian, they rip. Buy this shit youll like it if you dig melodic hardcore.

On another note, I hear that two of ZAO's members completley denounced god.

I agree with the Writer's Block review, shits pretty good and I've listened to it reguallarly since Ive had it for a while now.

I need to get me the Hellfest Vol3 DVD, I was there haha.

I was also there for the 2002 DVD but that one sucked a tad bit.

Originally posted by robotripp

eyeforanEYE, thats such a great fucking qoute and such a great fucking band. IS by the grace of god still around?? do you know if those members are in any other bands. Id love to check that shit out.

Nah they broke up a while back, I don't think any are in new bands. The last I heard about them was when Duncan got in the fight with Porter from Floorpunch.

By the grace of god is fucking awesome. Always like them always will. Prespective is their best stuff.