· • H A R D C O R E music T H R E A D • ·

-Rage-

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sean McGrath, former bass player for Saves The Day, Hands Tied, Mouthpiece and The Alps has lost his battle with intestinal cancer after a 2-year struggle. He was 28. Sean played with the Saves The Day for two years, helping craft their debut Can’t Slow Down, departing during the development of Through Being Cool in early 1999. After leaving the band, Sean took a behind-the-scenes role in the music industry with a day job at a major music entertainment company. He also showed his comedic side at night with improvisational comedy training from the renowned troupe Chicago City Limits.

McGrath passed away Friday in his home with the company of family and friends.

Our deepest condolences go out to the family and friends of Sean McGrath.

Viewing information

Monday, June 14 and Tuesday, June 15

2-4 pm and 7-9pm

@ Peppler Funeral Home 114 South Main Street in Allentown, NJ

(609) 259-7391

Funeral is Wednesday, June 16 around 10 or 11, cremation to follow.

------

Rest in peace Sean. Thanks for inspiring me to keep going through all the hard stuff. You will be missed.

Taken off punknews.org

http://www.holdontoyourfriends.com/

Taken way before his time. RIP.

Originally posted by -Rage-

Can't Slow Down was an awesome album.

RIP

PTW

http://www.shadows.com/gravemusic/live/afi-ptw101903/ptw101903-01.jpg'>

Can anyone read his shirt?

It might not show...

clicky clicky

Seriously man, Cant Slow Down is in my top 10 favorite albums of all time. It's a shame he passed. I can't make out what the singers shirt says.

I have yet to read this whole thread but anyway...

The Locust (literally THE best drummer I have EVER seen. EVER.)

Pig Destroyer

Discordance Axis

Agoraphobic Nosebleed ("Altered States" is only fair compared to the older stuff though)

why does the Dillinger Escape Plan suck now? Seriously.

and there's this local band here called Oktober Skyline who I think might be pretty good...

and Break of Dawn! hahaha... ah memories...

Originally posted by Spike

Dunno who originally said that, but they definitely don't. Saw them live exactly a week ago, it was fucking amazing.

I don't get why it's cool to hate on this band, I think they are fucking amazing. I saw a video from hellfest one year and they lit the fucking drumset on fire.

Agoraphobic Nosebleed is awesome, I like the stuff on the Poacher Diaries split with Converge.

Originally posted by MANIK DEK

i dont know if you guys have ever heard of the band ''where eagles dare'' there a hardcore band from arizona i highly suggest you guys check them out.; im really feelin them right now

fuck yeah, they are awesome. I got their demo not too long ago, really good.

Originally posted by Spike

Dunno who originally said that, but they definitely don't. Saw them live exactly a week ago, it was fucking amazing.

Musically, they're still ill as all fuck, but the new vocalist ruins it for me. Back with Dimitri, they destroyed everything they touched, but this new dude is trying way too had to be Mike Patton and there's only one Mike Patton.

Overall they're pretty good still, but compared to the glory days (i.e. Claculating Infinity and the 7" stuff) it's just not as good.

Candiria and Neck.

Was in Wburg BK couple of weeks ago and saw a kid with a Candiria jersey on... my friends like.. "I think Candiria's playing tonite at n6th" So we go over and walk in.. only to hear them go GOOD NIGHT NEW YORK CITY WE LOVE YOU and run off stage.

I was like.. mother fucker, they might as well have done the old "main power switch turn off; everyone busts out" scene. Wouldve added to the effect.

I have the attention span of a two year old. I probably thought the photo was already taken or I was staring at some junkie puking on himself. Nothing like the people that used to hangout outside abc no rio. Seldomly hot girls would hang out there. But the nieghborhood around there often housed some really fine dominican women.