· • H A R D C O R E music T H R E A D • ·

-Rage-

Re: fuck hardcore kids.

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

maybe i'm just a jaded old man, but hardcore kids need to learn about sustaining a scene. maybe it's just the kids that i have to interact with, but when everything is a contest (tightest shirt, rarest 7", saddest girlfriend, etc.) it won't lead to anything good. everytime i go to hardcore shows i recognize fewer and fewer people, and the ones that i do see that i know are more and more hesitant to speak with me at shows because a)i'm not straight-edge, B) i'm not in a hardcore band, c) i don't listen to the "hippest" bands, and d) i'm not interested in scene politics and drama. these hardcore kids have brought middle school back to the forefront of discussion. until active members of the scene start retaliating for this bullshit behavior, it's jusy going to continue in a downward spiral. i don't collect records. i don't even own a record player! and i refuse to wear the h.c. kid uniform (running shoes and plugs included), just like refusing to wear ANY uniform. punk rock (which is where h.c. came from, not opinion, just fact) is about being different and being comfortable with that. doing what you want to do, being who you want to be, and saying FUCK YOU to everybody else. the punk scene has the same problems, but it is balanced out by "old-timers" who do a pretty good job of keeping everyone in check.

man, i have no idea where half that shit came from. sorry.

i hear that.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw this show last night:

[At The Fallout][2609 Stevens Ave][music starts at 7pm][$6]

Nehemiah ... Sinai Beach

With Dead Hands Rising ... Ettison Clio

Small Towns Burn a Little Slower

it was enjoyable. Nehemiah and WDHR were tons of fun as always, it was my first time seeing sinai beach, and they were fun as well. Ettison Clio and STBLS were both kinda indie rock, so it wasn't really my cup of tea, but i still enjoyed ettison clio a bit. The best part of the night was the fact that it was an early halloween show, so a lot of people were rocking costumes. Bests of the night included: mario and luigi, full gorilla suit, and some guy dressed up as a girl that i truthfully thought was a horribly ugly girl for a few seconds.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

man i haven't seen Bane play since july and i'm from fucking boston, they don't play around here much. Supposedly they are recording new material, and supposedly they are breaking up, who knows. The drummer left and the guitarist left and he left converge too. so who knows what is going on.

** I know they are planning on a mini tour through january

See heres the thing.

I never really liked Hatebreed, new or old.

Especially new, and the new crowd of fucks who follow them.

BUT.

I do respect what Jamie has done for the scene and is continuing to do for it.

And yes the reason behind me not liking the newer Throwdown is the Hatebreed sound. But it's also due in part to the new singer.

Originally posted by Ethreadzny2

I know this may be a stupid question. But has ensign done anything in awhile, and is it worth buying. The last ensign album I bought was cast the first stone. anything good since then.

Ensign put out a album about 2 years ago maybe "The Price of progression" I like it its good, and they jsut put out a cover album called "love the music, hate the kids" and they are working on a new album.

Their best records are the first 2 7"'s and then Direction of things to come.

Most likely, you'll hate the new PTW. They've moved into a more melodic range. Who knows.

I'm pretty sure I'm going. I can't miss PTW and MBD in the same show. Good line up.

As for no cops... Nikkuh! What does mugh naime say?!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAllllllllso might have some hoodies made by then.

:D