· • H A R D C O R E music T H R E A D • ·

-Rage-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Glik0

October 3rd. NYC WSOU Pirate Cruise 3 hour Boat show featuring Sick Of It All, Haste, and My Chemical Romance.

(I expect A Fire Inside to get his ass down here for this)

Only bad thing is... $35 a ticket for those of you who have to pay.

Sick of it All - Life On the Ropes now available on Fat.

October 27th CBGBs - xEMBRACE TODAYx xWITH HONORx Love Is Red

$35 to see Sick Of It All... i don't know, man.

I will try and make it to the CB's show though, especially if Ensign is playing.

http://revhq.com/images/covers/144/ind25.gif'>

• 2 weeks later...

The Sick Of It All show in Woodbridge NJ at vintage vinyl was that bad. Free, can't complain, Lou and Pete seemed to be having fun... Craig on the other hand doesn't seem like he's having much fun doing anything.

On a plus note I finally got my hands on a copy of a Super Junky Monkey CD I've been looking for.

I don't know about Ensign moving to NY, but I do know they'll be at CB's the 27th.

see you in the pit.

I know man, in my eyes was also some good youth crew shit. and bane. but yeah if there is a show in boston, its almost impossible to et in cos the place will get sold out. most the shows that go on here are in western massachusetts and who wants to drive a total of 6 hours for a show. i mean if it was worth it then of course. All ther venues out here don;t want shows to happen anymore cos of liabilities and plus the assholes who come in the shows and don't show respect fpor the venue.

november 14th

28 church street north haven CT

between the buried and me

a life once lost

watch them die

the breathing process(fuckin awesome CT metal core, cool guys too)

you all from boston and nyc and anywhere near should come, will be a fun show (btbam:D

Originally posted by pooponme

a life once lost is awesome. their new album is fuckin destructive. Total mayhem. The song Maudlin is so fucking nuts thy lyrics are nuts too.

sounds like th nuttiest bunch of nuts that ever nutted a nut.

:lol: :lol: can you burn it for me? ill give you a cd i know you can do it unlike some people....

suicide files last show is on saturday. should be a pant-wetting good time.....or so they tell me.

Danzig, Superjoint Ritual, Dimmu Borgir, Morbid Angel, Nile, Nevermore, Children Of Bodom, Hypocrisy, Strapping Young Lad and Symphony X headline the show on Friday. Cradle Of Filth, Type O Negative, Deicide, Suffocation, Hate Eternal, Biohazard and Krisium headline on Saturday. Also appearing are Unearth, Bongzilla, Diabolic, The Red Chord, A Life Once Lost, Premonitions Of War, Cannae, Benumb, Between The Buried And Me, All That Remains, Dysrhythmia, Lick Golden Sky, Byzantine, Eyes Of Fire, Full Blown Chaos, With Honor, Subzero, Between The Buried And Me, The End, Watch Them Die, Withered Earth, Novembers Doom, Crematorium, Wasteform, Misery Index, Held Under, Embrace Today, Traumacide, Human Decline, A Perfect Murder, Scarlet, All Out War, Super Villian, Sinai Beach, Scar Culture, Fleshgrind, Remembering Never, Dew Scented and many more to be announced.

12 bands on that list seem worth going. BUT the $75 doesnt seem worth going.

...not to mention when metal kids go to hardcore shows there's usually a fight. A just an all-around negative vibe. Metal kids don't seem to understand the idea of a pit. No it's not to hurt the other kid or punch their necks off. And when you get hit while headbanging, no it's not personal.

i guess you could say im a metal head with a hardcore heart. i agree the price is steep. but honestly i think its hardcore kids going to be at a metal show. there are no hardcore bands headlining. hopefully the hardcore bands will be on a different stage to elimate the dumb fights. metal pits and hardcore pits are totally different. thats why im kinda weirded out about going to slayer. archemeny and hatebreed cause your gonna have a bunch of floor punchers for hatebreed and metal heads for slayer. it might not be good. or you could try to do what im going to do and just get brutal. haha

a question

this is probably thee most asked question, but here it goes. How does everyone feel about the commercialization of hardcore and metal? such bands as hatebreed, i mean i only like a few of their old songs. And now jamey jasta is hosting MTV2's headbangers ball. I mean that's cool and all. But I dunno, I jsut don;t feel the same about certain bands. Like PTW, their old stuff fucking rocks, but their new cd? that was horrid. And, well in boston, i can;t speak for other scenes, every show is filled with kids who have no clue of what hardcore really means. And that question right there is a totally different subject and different to many other people. But yeah, i think it's tottaly lost its luster. Anyways enough rambling. How do you feel.

****disclaimer***** this is my opinion you can shit on it, agree or whatever. thats cool however you feel about it.