· • H A R D C O R E music T H R E A D • ·

-Rage-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posi Numbers Fest

"This years fest will be held at the Independant Firehall in Kingston, PA(just outside Wilkes-Barre), the weekend of July 11th-13th."

Bands playing the fest include (tentative):

DEATH THREAT(ct)

STRIKING DISTANCE(va/dc)

NO WARNING(canada)

THE SUICIDE FILE(boston)

FROSTBITE(wilkes-barre)

A-TEAM (mass)

STRENGTH FOR A REASON(pa)

DAMAGE II(philly)

TERROR(cali)

THE PROMISE(ny)

SOME KIND OF HATE(boston)

ONE UP(philly)

MENTAL(mass)

RUNNING LIKE THIEVES(nyc)

IN THE RED(clevo)

DESPERATE MEASURES(md)

BOTTOM LINE NYC(nyc, duh?)

THE FIRST STEP(carolina)

STAND & FIGHT(OC,cali)

FAR FROM BREAKING(teXas)

more bands to be announced.

tickets and times are TBA

::: Metal And Hardcore Festival Schedule :::

::FRIDAY MAY 16 - 3PM DOORS:::

100 Demons

A Life Once Lost

The Acacia Strain

Beyond The Embrace

Bongzilla

Cannae

Diecast

DRI

Full Blown Chaos

Grimlock

Held Under

Killswitch Engage

Lacuna Coil

Locked In A Vacancy

Misery Index

Nevermore

Noctuary

Nora

Novembers Doom

Opeth

Premonitions Of War

Scarlet

Shadows Fall

The Takeover

:::SATURDAY MAY 17 - NOON DOORS:::

Atreyu

Bleeding Through

Blood Has Been Shed

Caliban

Cephalic Carnage

Chimaira

Converge

Crematorium

Drowning

Dysrhythmia

Eighteen Visions

Eviscerate

Goatwhore

Harakiri

Haste

Hate Eternal

The Haunted

Himsa

Kataklysm

Lamb Of God

Mastodon

Meshuggah

Most Precious Blood

On Broken Wings

Pig Destroyer

The Red Chord

Shai Hulud

Speedkillhate

Strapping Young Lad

Suffocation

Superjoint Ritual

Traumacide

Unearth

Uphill Battle

Wasteform

Belee dat

Fri - 11 Rhythm Den Anniversary Show:

Converge w/ Unearth,Nora, A Life Once Lost, Burning Within, Gunslinger

The Chance Poughkeepsie NY.

If i can stab some people's faces off at work i can make it to that one.

Originally posted by DankLordz

we play toronto every once and a while.. hopefully once before tour.

what they live stuff do you have? all the old shit is REAL bad man..

im pretty sure i have everything in one form or another

the best shit is the countdown split

http://www.deadcityny.com/swish.jpg'>

SWISH "Alles Still Goed" CD

Swish features members of AWKWARD THOUGHT (USA), NO

REDEEMING SOCIAL VALUE (USA), and BACKFIRE (Holland).

When these 3 bands teamed up in the studio, the result was phenomenal.

This CD contains Hardcore Punk anthems created and recorded in less time

than most bands would record a single song. Contains all Swish songs

ever recorded over a 2 year period.

Track Listing:

1.RUMERS ABOUT RUMERS

2.MAURICE THE PLACE

3.GET UP

4.OVERTIME

5.HOU D'N WAFFEL

6.CHEW THE GUM

7.I THOUGHT I KNEW TURTLES

8.HOORUH

9.LEAVE ME ALONE

10.IECH HOOF GEINE HOND

11.KINSUM

<http://www.wmtd.nl/photos/templates/spacer-grey.gif> <http://www.wmtd.nl/photos/templates/sectio...usicreviews.gif> <http://www.wmtd.nl/photos/templates/spacer-grey.gif>

Swish - Alles Stil Goed Mcd

(Dead City / Education Records)

Man this is funny shit! When Richie Backfire! went to New York a couple of times, he jammed with members of Awkard Thought and No Redeeming Social Value. And that resulted in a 7" with four songs and now this cd with eleven songs. All the songs were written in only a couple of hours but nevertheless it's actually quite amusing. The band totally reminds me NRSV, due to the voice of course, but also the same crazy style. Songs like "Maurice The Place", "Hou D'n Waffel" and "Iech Hoof Geine Hond" leave me with a big smile on my face. In most of the songs there's some Dutch lyrics which makes everything even funnier. Good release if you wanna have some fun again

http://www.billyclubsandwich.homestead.com/files/bcs.gif'>

http://www.billyclubsandwich.homestead.com/files/martinnew.jpg'>

http://www.billyclubsandwich.homestead.com/files/tonynew.jpg'>

http://www.billyclubsandwich.homestead.com/files/garynew.jpg'>

http://www.billyclubsandwich.homestead.com/files/glennew.jpg'>

Billy Club Sandwich got their start before the new wave of Hardcore / Metalcore began , and have been forming a name for themselves lately. It all started in 1991 with Glen on drums , Tony on Bass and Rod on Guitar .

This singerless lineup banged around Glen basement for years . It was during this time that , with Rod living out of state , Glen and Tony had a brief stint playing in Setback. Eventually they had realized that their musical vision wasn't being fulfilled , and by coincidence , Rod had moved back to New York and wanted to start the band back up . So , they recruited long time friend and Goatamentise singer Martin . After 4 long years , the lineup was now complete and the onslaught began.

In the spring of 1996 Billy Club Sandwich recorded and released their first demo which contained four songs in the classic heavy Billy Club Sandwich style . The release of this demo coincided with their first show at The Wetlands on May 19th with Madball , 25 Ta Life , Indecision , Powerhouse , and the first Agnostic Front 2 song reunion .

It didn't take long before Billy Club Sandwich was getting known for their live shows and stage antics , gaining a soild reputation for delivering powerful Hardcore , New York Style.

2001 finds BCS ready to flex their muscle on the world stage with the release of "Superheroes At Leisure", a 6-song CD EP on Inner Strength Records. There has also been another lineup change, with Matt stepping down and Gary Muttley from Five Minute Major taking over on bass. This change has without a doubt created the strongest incarnation of BCS ever!

Routinely headlining sold out shows at Castle Heights in Queens , New York . Billy Club Sandwich are now at their peak , focusing their aggression while assulting people with the most innovative Hardcore / Metal in New York today .

Shortly after these releases , a line up change was inevitable when Rod had to leave the band due to personal reasons. At this point , Tony switched from Bass to Guitar and the empty Bass spot was soon filled by their friend Matt who , with his whirling dirvish of hair and Bass playing style , fit the Billy Club Sandwich style perfectly . It was with this current line up that Billy Club Sandwich headed back to their old stampin ground and were recorded on WNYU's " Crucial Chaos " show. This recording was released in 1999 as a tape and over 1000 copies were sold by years end . The year 2000 saw a limited number of WNYU recordings show up on CD version where most were distributed in the New York Area as well as a few hundred being sold directly in Europe when Glen filled in as a drummer for No Redeeming Social Value on a September 2000 European tour.

Billy Club Sandwich were then approached by Nawpost Records and in the Fall of 1998 a 7" E.P. named " Hold The Bologna " was released . This E.P. on Nawpost contained four songs with a very aggressive sound and prouduction . With some of the lyrics written in Spanish , Billy Club Sandwich broadened their fanbase and appeal to a much larger New York and East Coast audience. With the release of this 7 " Billy Club Sandwich showed tremendous growth potentialelling out the first pressing of 2000 records in a matter of months. They also released a two song split 7" with Everybody Gets Hurt on Back Ta Basics. An instant sell out as well.

I met Rod in a bathroom of a movie theater in westchester when i went to see the Behind The Mat documentary. It was a while ago, i didnt have a real conversation with him, he just saw my Skarhead Jersey and all my uncles Rest in Pieces shit.

And ETH Im gonna try to make it to that MDB show at CB's on sunday.

http://www.bystanderfanzine.com/online1/review1.jpg'>

Shell Shock: Demo <http://www.bystanderfanzine.com/online1/review1.jpg>

Ok I got this in the mail, I love mail. Then I open it up and these guys have an inlay with all awesome flyers, another plus. Then I read that they have ex. members of Awkward Thought. Yeah this effin rules. Rough and punk, super early NYHC. I love the raw recording and basic song structure. I swear to god this came out 20 years ago. So good, reminds me of Life's Blood. Hardcore punk at its best. I really like this.

usscoot@yahoo.com

Originally posted by Glik0

I met Rod in a bathroom of a movie theater in westchester when i went to see the Behind The Mat documentary. It was a while ago, i didnt have a real conversation with him, he just saw my Skarhead Jersey and all my uncles Rest in Pieces shit.

And ETH Im gonna try to make it to that MDB show at CB's on sunday. [/quote

dope I should most likely be there..

http://www.cutthetension.com/BLlogo.gif'>

http://www.cutthetension.com/BL5.jpg'>

http://www.cutthetension.com/BL8.jpg'>

http://www.cutthetension.com/BL9.jpg'>

http://www.cutthetension.com/BL1.jpg'>

Hey Foster. What is new with Bottom Line these days? I noticed you have a some new blood in the band now.

BOTTOM LINE has been busy the past few months. We recorded 7 new jams for a 7"/CDEP entitled "NO ONE'S SAFE" at Atomic Recording Company in Crooklyn, NY under the ears of Dean Baltulonis, and now we are trying to play shows as much as possible. If one thing rings true in this BOTTOM LINE camp, it's lineup changes. Hell, you were in the band for two shows!!! Dave(drums) and I(vocals) are the only original members as far as day one goes. Bill(leads) played one tune on the demo and has been rippin' shit up for us ever since. We've had a bunch of different bass and guitar players in between. Then, Sean(bass) joined around october of 2002. Due to the unexpected departure of one of our members, we just got a new guitar player Dan a few weeks ago and he has fit in more than anyone has.

How come you are now listed as Bottom Line NYC instead of just Bottom Line on the Stab & Kill website?

Well there are other bands with the same name Ibelieve. Adding the area where we are based is a way to not get sued Isuppose. I mean Ithink "Bottom Nothing" wouldn't work in this case. I didn't pick the band name, and recently we toyed with the notion of changing the name, but then we'd have to start over from stratch which is fucked. So if anyone tries to sue us i'll break their arms and Bill will bench press their car, and Dave will watch from the other room.

I know a lot of people that were really bummed out when you guys changed your sound from posicore to bring the mosh more. What is your take on the change of sound / style you guys play?

Well it's basically summed up like this, our old bass/guitar player WOZ wrote the songs for the demo and after that we started writing tunes more in the style of hardcore that we wanted to play and he began to lose interest, it got to the point that he didn't write anymore material. Bill took on the slack of writing every riff on the new record, therefore it sounds much different. In addition, this is the first band I've ever sang in and we recorded the demo after being a band for a month and I had no idea how to sing so Isound like a 14 year old girl with her panties to her knees on that demo. To me it's like we are two completely different bands. I mean we have different members that fit in what we were always trying to do. If our music has changed it's because we got better and we finally get to write the songs that we want to play. If you don't like it, don't listen to it. If you have seen us we never gave speeches about positivity or holding hands or any of that, so posicore is something we never were. If you know us personally, you know that we are all fucking maniacs and very far from positive. Well, except for maybe Billy's AIDS results.

All you Bottom Liners are pretty into lifting and working out and I have over heard you guys talking about steriods on a couple occasions. Do you really think its edge to be "on the juice"?

Bill, Dave, and myself all go to the gym together about 6 days a week. So yeah we are definitely pretty into it. Steroids would be the fastest solution to getting big and ripped, anyone that body builds or wants to tripple kiss in Cancun does them or has done them, but as far as it meeting the expectations of the notion of the edge, it probably doesn't. Everyone has a different perspective and outlook on how they want to live. If you think everyone that says they're straight edge all believes in the same thing, someone else may disagree. But you can argue many things that aren't edge, like what about the old "don't fuck" lyric? You mean to tell me there are straight edge kids out there that aren't getting their dicks wet? No one would believe that shit.

Really? Do you want to look like Robert Paulson from Fight Club when you are older?

What about Arnold? That dude is 55 years old and looks like he's 35.

I have been meaning to ask you about this one. What is your fasination with Guns N Roses? It seems to be one of the few things you talk about none stop. I know they are a great band, but it seems like you take liking them to another level.

My mom bought me Appetite For Destruction on cassette at the Westchester Mall when I was in kindergarten, and I still have the same tape. I'm 21 years old now and I get just as excited when listening to their tunes. I think they wrote the perfect album and no other band will ever touch them. I'm more addicted to GUNS N ROSES than I am to lifting, which in itself is sick. I listen to AFD, live shit like a suicide, lies, use your illusion's I and II, live era 87-93, and this unplugged CB's set I have, on full rotation constantly. They embodied perfection in rock n' roll. Sick riffs, badass lyrics about chicks and drugs, and they all dressed like they were insane which is something that rock needs at all times.

At your last show Inoticed you have the guy Dan from Anything Goes playing guitar with you guys now. How did that come about and are things working out for you guys now with a solid line up for Bottom Line?

Well we played Long Island not too long ago and it was clearly noticeable in the sound that we were missing a second guitarist since the one we had split. Dan was at the show and I just asked him if he was still playing guitar and he came to the city to practice with us, and it just worked. Like I said earlier on, Dan couldn't fit in this band more than he already does. I wish he joined up with us sooner because of how well he meshes with us and what we're trying to do. I'm hoping the line up for Bottom Line stays solid but as we've seen it could all be subject to change.

Did the fact that Anything Goes took their name from a Guns N' Roses song have any effect on weither or not Dan would fit in well with Bottom Line?

I t had everything to do with it I believe. It showed that his previous efforts had style and class.

I remember you telling me you have a song about lifting weights on the new seven-inch. What are some other important topics you discuss on the record?

D onny, way to let the cat out of the bag. The song about lifting weights really just applies to life in general using some metaphors that may or may have not been written at the gym. The lyrics on this record took a long time to write them, some of the content was hard to actually put out there and get off my chest. I like to write about what's affecting my life whether it be love, fear, hate, or powercleans. But seriously, I really took a look at myself and my life and somehow put it into words on this record. I sincerely believe that the lyrics on this record can apply to almost anyone's life. If you've made it this far, you can definitely find something that applies.

Since we are on the subject of lifting weights, what is a good work out you would recomend for the kids out there.

First and foremost learn correct form!!!! Sign up at a gym, ask the trainer's and other big guys questions. Switch up your routine constantly and lift hard. A solid workout for beginners is to do a series of days like this; day 1-chest/tri's, day 2-back/bi's, day 3-shoulders, day 4-legs. do reps of 10-8-6, increasing the weight each time. Take a day to rest then repeat. As you get better at it you can isolate the muscle for each day like just do a chest day, or just do a back day. Eat a lot, especially a lot of PROTEIN, and when you've eaten enough, eat some more. It builds muscle people, don't sleep on it. Good luck.

Well, thats about it. Give me some contact info and all that jazz and this baby is all wrapped up.

Thanks Donny for the interview. You can order the record, NO ONE'S SAFE, and check out our website at www.stabandkill.com , and it will be available at our shows. For booking/contact you can email us at bottomline@stabandkill.com.

One thing that makes me mad is the band The Used. They suck. The lead singer would have a cool voice if their songs didnt totally suck lyrically and musically. Another reason they make me mad is that this one totally boss girl at my school has a crush on the lead singer. Thats stupid. Hes stupid.

Anal cunt and shakira are the only things i will listen to for days. I also listen to hopesfall and discordance axis a lot. I hope to start a hardcore band. But im going to write songs about nature. Because nature is pretty fucking boss. It makes me want to scream. With joy that is.

But im not going to name my band soul chugger 666 or Destroyer or slasher or gasher or any of that stupid shit. No fuck that my bands going to be named something really cool.

Metal head bands with the guys in leather pants and long hair are fucking stupid, have you seen how they try to look angry and speak like shakespeare. Thats wasting life. You should be enjoying life and not trying to be all metal.

Why do all guys in metal bands either have long hair or a shaved head and wear sunglasses. Do they feel that they have to look like this to fit societys standards?

Steve austin is cool.

Originally posted by suburbian bum

But im not going to name my band soul chugger 666 or Destroyer or slasher or gasher or any of that stupid shit. No fuck that my bands going to be named something really cool.

Steve austin is cool.

pssh. fuck that. name your band after a steven seagal movie. MARKED FOR DEATH. now that is about as fucking 'boss' as it can get. seriously ahahha. above the law and out for justice are also being used--but they're not hc bands like MARKED FOR DEATH. http://www.x303x.com/xmfdx

and AFI--i think that swish balls in your face thing was a miz303 reference--he's from denver, i'm from boulder.

PTW

http://www.xptwx.com/images/jeff6.jpg'>

"March 25, 2003 NEW RECORD!

Yeah, so our new record is called "You Come Before You" and it will be released on Tuesday, JULY 1st! We are currently mixing the last few songs and will be entering the mastering phase very shortly. The record will include 11-12 tracks total. The talented Jacob Bannon (the dude who handled the artwork for "The Opposite of December") will be once again lending his talents to us for this new release so it will surely look excellent."