a daring graffiti attack

MYLK

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/WORLD/asiapcf/auspac/03/18/aus.opera/vstory.opera.paint.ap.jpg'>

SYDNEY, Australia -- In a daring graffiti attack, two protesters have voiced their opposition to Australia's support of a U.S.-led attack on Iraq by painting "No War" in huge red letters at the top of the Sydney Opera House.

A 42-year old British scientist and a 33-year-old Australian woman were later arrested and charged by police with malicious damage, local media reported.

The graffiti on the highest sail of the ornate building made a mockery of the supposed increase in security at two of Australia's most readily identifiable landmarks, the opera house and nearby Sydney Harbour Bridge.

Security was upgraded last November because of a perceived increased risk of terrorist attacks on Australian targets following the deadly bombings on the island of Bali.

New South Wales Premier Bob Carr was quoted by Australian newspapers Tuesday as saying a report had been ordered to explain the security breach and its implications.

The Australian government has agreed to commit troops to likely military action against Iraq following a formal request for support from U.S. President George W. Bush.

Bush counts Australia among his "coalition of the willing", prepared to use force to disarm Iraq of weapons of mass destruction.

Public opinion on a possible war on Iraq is deeply divided with opinion polls showing about two-thirds of the public do not approve of a war that does not have U.N. backing.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oldfaithful
Originally posted by toastone

What's up with some guerilla artwork shit here in the US? Anyone down to wrally the writers, go paint the White House? Let's do this shit.

it has started where i live

Originally posted by Metal Calus

saddam does in fact have nuclear weapons and if we dont smoke that azz we'll all be dead.

He's also four hundred feet tall and breathes fire.

No one, not even the President is saying that iraq actually HAS nuclear weapons. It's amazing to me that with all the coverage of this that such a basic fact could slip by you. It's amazing what propaganda can do to the gullible. All you hear is the "rah-rah" fury without understanding even the most basic elements of this conflict. You then draw your own conclusions even though there is detailed information available on the subject everywhere you look.

Originally posted by DirtySanchez

HEY PAL,,,, do the words weapons of mass destruction ring any bells to you?? have you been actually listening to the news at all since october?

HEY SHEEP, of course I have. And I've obviously done a better job of looking for information than you have.

Point me to one source that says that iraq actually HAS nuclear weapons. Sure they have an illegal nuclear program that has at different points in time been close (months or years away) to succesfully creating nuclear weapons, but according to pretty much EVERY source I've ever read they've never succeeded. So, what does the magic buzzwrod "weapons of mass destruction" actually have to do with anything?

I'll repeat. Point me to a link that quotes any intelligence source as saying that iraq actually has nuclear weapons.

I'll give you a source of my own-

from http://www.whitehouse.gov/infocus/iraq/dec...cade/sect3.html

Nuclear Weapons

Saddam Hussein had an advanced nuclear weapons development program before the Gulf War and continues his work to develop a nuclear weapon:

A new report released on September 9, 2002 from the International Institute for Strategic Studies - an independent research organization - concludes that Saddam Hussein could build a nuclear bomb within months if he were able to obtain fissile material.

Iraq has stepped up its quest for nuclear weapons and has embarked on a worldwide hunt for materials to make an atomic bomb. In the last 14 months, Iraq has sought to buy thousands of specially designed aluminum tubes which officials believe were intended as components of centrifuges to enrich uranium.

Iraq has withheld documentation relevant to its past nuclear program, including data about enrichment techniques, foreign procurement, weapons design, experimental data, and technical documents.

Iraq still has the technical expertise and some of the infrastructure needed to pursue its goal of building a nuclear weapon.

Saddam Hussein has repeatedly met with his nuclear scientists over the past two years, signaling his continued interest in developing his nuclear program."

If the white house, in full propaganda mode, isn't saying he HAS nuclear weapons, then he doesn't fucking have them.

On Weapons of Mass Destruction

35. How did U.S. corporations help Iraq obtain weapons of mass destruction?

During its alliance with the United States in the 1970s and 1980s, Iraq had active programs producing chemical and biological weapons, and researching and working towards production of a nuclear weapon. These programs were actively and knowingly supported by U.S. corporations and the U.S. government, as revealed in 1994 House Banking Committee hearings. Those hearings revealed, among other things, that the American Type Culture Collection, a company outside of Washington DC, had provided Iraq with the seed stock for biological weapons agents including anthrax, botulinum, e-coli and many more, under license by the U.S. Commerce Department.

A leak in the German newspaper die Tageszeitung of some of the 8,000 pages that Washington deleted from Iraq's December 7, 2002, arms declaration provided further information. The deleted sections documented 24 U.S. corporations, 55 U.S. subsidiaries of foreign corporations, and a number of U.S. government agencies that provided parts, material, training and other assistance to Iraq's chemical, biological, missile, and nuclear weapons programs throughout the 1970s and 80s, some continuing till the end of 1990. The U.S. corporations include Honeywell, Rockwell, Hewlett Packard, Dupont, Eastman Kodak, Bechtel, and more. U.S. government Departments of Energy, Commerce, Defense and Agriculture, as well as federal laboratories at Sandia, Los Alamos and Lawrence Livermore, were also involved.

A major front-page article in the Washington Post (December 30, 2002) further documented U.S. support for Iraq's WMD programs, especially the chemical program, including trade in weapons and other military goods. The article also detailed the active involvement of Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, then a special envoy of President Reagan to Iraq, in reestablishing full diplomatic relations and improving trade and other economic ties that bolstered Washington's military support of Iraq.

Other Republican insiders were involved in shady deals that helped build Iraq's WMDs. In 1989, news broke of a secret $4 billion loan made to Iraq by a U.S. branch of Banca Nazionale del Lavoro (BNL) of Italy, which at the time employed Henry Kissinger on its Consulting Board for International Policy. Congressman Henry Gonzalez, chair of the banking committee, also noted that an executive of Kissinger Associates met Saddam Hussein in Baghdad in June 1989 at a meeting in which the Iraqi leader apparently expressed interest in expanding commercial relations with the U.S. "Many Kissinger Associates clients received U.S. export licenses for exports to Iraq. Several were also the beneficiaries of BNL loans to Iraq," Congressman Gonzalez wrote in a letter to then-President Bush (senior). Iraq also used the BNL loans to attempt to buy difficult-to-manufacture nuclear weapons components.

Secret Service agent admits anti-Islam graffiti

July 25, 2002 Posted: 8:43 PM EDT (0043 GMT)

From Kelli Arena

CNN Washington Bureau

DETROIT, Michigan (CNN) -- A Secret Service agent has admitted writing "Islam is evil, Christ is King" on a Muslim prayer calendar while searching the Detroit home of Omar Shishani, federal authorities announced Thursday.

Guest Metal Calus

aw shit i missed this whole thing. hey how about FUCK THE MIDDLE EAST. i mean nothing against iraqs innocents but kill that pain in the ass shitbag.

Guest Metal Calus

who you talking to al green? al green stole all his rhymes from biggie. now lets on to wiping out saddam hussein. i like my suv and i dont want no more planes flying into buildings in the name of some idiots stuck in the middle ages.

identifysubstance: milk

characteristics: homogenized cow teet lactation

when fermented becomes cheese some of the cottage variety

(and i aint talkin bout no girls thighs yo)

when mixed with active cultures and fermented becomes yogurt.

Subject: Al Green

condition: lactose intolerance

symptoms: stomache upset, puking, extreme volatile gas

possible solution scenarios: beano, not digesting milk products, giving gas face to misinterpretting 12 OZers.

closing remarks: "its all love....I used to read word up magazine salt and pepper...heavy dee up in the limozine"

__discourse complete.

return to parent.root.nowar.archiebunker.herdpoisonmentality.

Guest Metal Calus

p.s. - to anyone who thinks im serious id like to state that i represent the typical ignant american that doesnt really try to find out whats going on because i realize thats impossible. which makes me just a little smarter than the rest of you.

Guest Metal Calus

nice 26. i didnt bother reading it (thats my stee) but if i did it would probably support my previous statement. yall so intelligent.

Guest Metal Calus

the unfortunate reality is that in 2003 america has ended up in the position of the lone regulator of the entire planet. other countries for the most part really dont care what happens as long as their own backyards are straight. americas not in that boat. we run the world, thats a fact, and right or wrong we take responsibility.

Guest willy.wonka

hahaha..thats how!be a scientist and over 40 and get slapped with a bullshit charge that seems so little in your world and go to bed happy.

let the muthafucka burn

burn it all down. america killed my people. this has nothing to do with rebillion. graffitti is my hatred, but ide rather not stoop to the level of these bitches and start killing people cuz i easily could. there is no freedom here its an illusion. this war is over more than oil, it over race and releigon....the same reason why my people were killed..burn it down burn it down

Guest willy.wonka

this war isnt just fought for oil. bush family and bin ladens are already makin a grip of money off of sellin guns and ammo to whoever.

Archived