I started a joke, which started the whole world crying.

What is the biggest contradiction you have ever known or heard of? It could be your signifigant other, friends, family, schools, work, law enforcement, constitution, government, worldly happenings, mother nature, religion, spirituality, destiny, etc.. past, present, or future. Something that has happened, is happening, or will happen that is completely logically incongruous.

------------------

PRUDE - If I had nuts, you'd be on 'em.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The biggest contraditions that are shoved in my face everyday lie within modern christianity.

God sent floods to wash away the sinful, worldly people. God created man with freewill, but when man used his freewill he was murdered and perished. Because it was an act of God, it was not only forgotten as murder, but remembered as a miracle of God's power.

Christian's are taught to believe that it is their duty to go to church and repent, worship, then spread the word of God to everyone and anyone (slaughtering anyone in the way in most cases). Yet, the same christian's claim to have the utmost faith for God and the bible. If you had so much faith in a God that supposedly had an intimate relationship with your soul and destiny, then why would you need human messengers and worldy money to pay for missionary projects and building/promoting new churches everywhere. A real spiritual connection would come to you in your dreams and in meditation.

God loves everyone reguardless if they are Christians or not, however, if you're not christian and don't repent you will be eternally damned. What kind of love is that?

Christians claim that other religions are an act of Satan disguising himself to pull you away from the bible and heavenly bliss. The same antics are used in modern day cults. Yet, church goers are so brainwashed and close minded they can't see they are exactly what they prey not to become.

A man who never kills, doesn't over indulge in luxury, treats everyone with respect including mother and father, doesn't lie, lives an honest life helping others, but doesn't repent his petty sins will go to hell. Whereas a church going christian man who lies, steals, cheats, kills, and hates but still finds time on Sundays to repent and beg for forgiveness will go to heaven.

Everything about Christianity contradicts itself. No one even notices, it's overlooked or softened with biblical jargon. Even when you make these points to Christians that they can't logically argue, the thought process only registers as sinful or wrong because it didn't come out of the mouth of a preacher. It's bullsh*t. It frustrates me more than almost anything else.

------------------

the bible is funny within its self. first of all it is an interpretation of gods will. interpreted by human beings but within the bible it clearly states that ALL human beings are tainted and therefore that must mean that bible is tainted.

Have you ever wondered why the bible jumps from jesus's life at age 12 to age 30?...Thats because there was an 18 year period where jesus was a mother fucking thug. This missing section of the bible was abducted by the rulers and priests of the middle ages. They didn't want people to see that jesus was a human with human desires. within these "lost" chapters of the bible there is a story of when jesus was about 18. He was walking down a street and a person bumped into him and knocked him down. The person gracious helped jesus to his feet. jesus stared the kid in his eyes and said "What you have done to me will come back apon you 10 fold" at that instant the kid drops dead and falls to the ground.

thats just my 2 cents...if I think of more I will be sure to add it in.

Guest SPLINTER

i have read through some of the lost chapters that were hidden in a cave a long time ago and it wasnt till Jesus was baptised and christened that he began to use his powers as way of communicating his fathers(Jah, Jehova, God) and it wasnt untill he was about thirty when he was givin the name Christ at wich time god revealed himself in the form of a dove and told Jesus he loved him as his only son. After this point he became mor peaceful and lets say Jesus-like between the time he was born until he was baptised he was just like everyone else except that he didnt know why he had his powers and untill the age of 12 he had not used his powers against people but after 12 (prolly cuz puberty fucks yur head up and make you get into fights and stuff remember 5th,6th,7th grade) he prolly did some wierd stuff that the kings you mention didnt want us to know but i think we should because it shows that no matter how bad you may have been if you truely repent and change your life around and you can change and save yourself and others. i dont believe in the petty sin thing and to truly repent you have to avoid the sin you repent, and yu can repent to god himself. i object to a lot of my own religion and i wish i could only see the original copy of the holy book. but since i cant ill try to avoid using the one we have now as a blueprint and just attempt to be peacefull and good to other even those which i dont like.

I respect that SPLINTER. I study zen buddhism. What amazes me about my beliefs is that even though I have a family of Christians who have raised and taught me what they believe, I just never bought into it. It was through meeting certain people and getting a job at a holistic health market that I learned about meditation, and through meditation I have learned everything I ever needed to know. A connection with subconcious energy first and formost, but even little things like people skills, friendship, appareciation, visualization, I mean everything. I never had to go to church, or learn things out of books or through other people's mouths... I learned what was always there inside of me. It wasn't until about 11 months after I started meditating and seeking answers that I was talking to someone, describing 'my own' quest for spirituality that they told me what I was describing was the exact principals of zen buddhism. I had always thought buddhism was rubbing some fat guys belly for good luck. It just really goes to show you that whatever answer you are looking for will come to you reguardless of what you are taught.

p.s. sorry to get all serious on you losers, I know some of you can't handle it. lets hear it for freights and tits! woo yeah!

------------------

prudeo you had to bring my favorite topic to the dancefloor.

we have had this discussion i think. how the only reason there are so many contradictions within Christianity is the fact that it is no longer unadulterated it is actually watered down. forgiveness is at to much ease within modern day christianity i suggest at a high price that if you want to start this discussion on such a broad topic (not just you girlfriend) that you research orthodox christianity, the franciscan order, and christian anarchism, and i would also suggest that you compare that with your beliefs whether they are like mine (gaudiya vaishnava) or prudes (zen buddhist) and notice all the paths are simple and similar in their purist form.

but dont discount christianity, if you follow two of Jesus Christ's most important instructions then you cannot be doing all that bad in your quest.

"if the love of the world is in you, then the love of God is not"

"do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

karma, and renunciation are two themes in the bible that arent expressed in modern day Christianity, and as for the bible, we most often read the king james version of the book because it is easily accessible, it is as watered down as they get. there is alot of great Christian philo. out there you just have to see that it is all one path with one goal and discriminate between the crap and the truth. the same way most buddhist sutra is essentially watered down vedic doctrine, gautama buddha never really taught that one could merge with the Absolute for eternity it is just easy to serve in such capacity, like a hand feeding the mouth. so like most searchers they pick the easy road, the quest for certainty, does not lie in a building (sometimes) or in a book it lies within your heart, i am not saying i am right in my path but there are certain feelings that i hold sentiment that make it feel right.

as for the fact that we have freewill completely true, but the discrepency lies in the choice do we choose the material illusion which ceases the minute a truck comes speeding along or do we choose the eternal relationship with the Absolute, the Supreme. well i know i am a selfish fuck and tend to choose maya (the illusion) but i feel bad after not being a nihilist and believing in afterlife theories etc.

well i hope this made a little sense.

as for my biggest contradiction, it would have to be with in my self... i know that there is a path and i know the path is right but sometimes the "fun" of temporary nature takes over. help me out on that one.

Guest SPLINTER

i am completely ok with other religions as long as they are peaceful and productive ones. i dont believe that all who dont worship like catholics are damned because i know the catholic church was very currupt(sp) and could have made that up. i also meditate and pray at the same time. i try not to use the common prayers and try to connect my self with an inner me which i know is prolly connected to the Almighty,Supreme whateva you wanna call our big homie or homegirl. i believe the bible is just a book with stories that have a message and not all are suppose to make sense and the message is a different one for every person.

You guys should read Behold the Man, by Michael Moorcock. It's one of my favorite books.

From amazon.com:

Sitting at a kitchen table some time in 1966, a young writer developed an idea that would become one the most important and controversial tales of the literary "New Wave". The writer was Michael Moorcock and the story was Behold The Man.

Karl Glogauer has never quite fit in. His girlfriend believes in nothing. Karl is obsessed with living psychology and dead languages. His girlfriend tries to convince him to follow her lead. But what Karl seeks is a revelation.

The quest leads Karl to the days of Christ. A time traveler on a most important mission. Almost two thousand years in the past Karl meets John the Baptist and goes searching for Christ. What he discovers shocks him to his core and gives his life new purpose.

-Al

This machine kills fascists.

Originally posted by boxcarwilly:

as for my biggest contradiction, it would have to be with in my self... i know that there is a path and i know the path is right but sometimes the "fun" of temporary nature takes over. help me out on that one.

yeah i feel you on that one.i find myself fighting myself too much...i dont trust too many churches..all i have are

brother and sisters...the people i meet along the path..

the spiritual world is there...some just dont see it...some refuse..

i dont want to preach too much....but there Is a God of Love...and one of the best artist we could ever know....the clock maker...

King of Kings,Lord of Lords,

Conquering Lion of Judah!!

He manifested him self through Jesus...and the Path was shown by Sadarta aka Buddah...

but whatevas...

if i may i want to change the tone of the subject....

what about "spiritual wars"?

do you believe they take place?what is it that makes spirituality?to conform to a religion?

or what is it that drives us to it or drives us away from it....?the 2 preasures of the universe...the cycle...good on evil...you know its there....

------------------

go go GODZILLA.....

Originally posted by Zack Morris:

jesus was a mother fucking thug

HAha hell yes he was. I dont really belive much of the bible at all, i dont belive that Jesus will save us from our sins if we repent enough or give enough time to him. I do however belive in god and beleive in karma.

spiritual wars can take place in a lot of ways, in fact the "bible" of what i follow most closely was fought on a battlefield, where krsna was teaching arjuna the path to self realization, and arjuna was somewhat confused by the fact that he is taking this approach towards renunciation and "holy" living but still had to go on killing, tho krsna instructed arjuna still had problems, until he made the logical choice that anything one does, on his or her path to self knowledge, as long as done within the path of dharma for selfknowledge is okay, krsna says in bg18:66

sarva-dharman parityajya

mam ekam saranam vraja

aham tvam sarva-papebhyo

moksayisyami ma sucah

"abandon all varieties of religion and and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear. "

this is basically proof that we do not need churches or organizations to find God we know where he is he is in our hearts and if we open them to surrender (saranagati) then it becomes easy. not saying i am there yet, but once we abandon the concept of i me mine etc then we come to a different level of understanding our purpose, in war there is sacrifice there are live lost but by surrendering to God we lose the karma associated and actually gain more self knowledge by sticking to our path.

i hope this didnt come off super preachy i hate when i do that, i just wanted to say what my feelings are on the topic.

tow up - if you haven't already read it, go check out mark twain's "letters from the earth." includes the disproof of the existance of a christian god. specifically, any christian will tell you that, fundamentally, god is omnipotent, omniscient, and all-loving. the problem arises when you consider kids starving to death. if god is omniscient, he knows of their plight. if god is omnipotent, he can help them out. and if god is all loving, he would want to help them out so they don't die only knowing pain and hunger. you are forced to conclude that god is either not omniscient, not omnipotent, or not all-loving. in any case, a contradiction exists in the fundamental nature of a christian god, thus that construct of the christian god does not exist.

this conversation reminds me of that simpsons where homer gets the crayon taken out of his brain and while working on flat tax proposal, discovers proof that god doesn't exist.

eatmor, a christian God in modern connotation is so perverse from the actual meaning within Orthodoxy or symbolism. basically God is all of these things because to say he is not is limiting, when if you do concede that God exists then he is limitless, but still limited, imagine that. a contradiction? no he is God he can do whatever he wants if he chooses to be forgiving and loving then he can if he chooses to be an angry justifiable God he can do that as well. in sanskrit, acintya-bhedda bhedda tattva, simultaneous same but different a quality that only God can posess.

basically i was upset with the fact that a so-called god could be all-loving and only give you one chance and that one chance comes in a selfish human body, that sucks i get one try to do it right or else, which is why i started reading more, and found out that due to the souls freewill, then there is suffering and multiple lives to struggle through. just my opinions. just please dont describe Christianity, without realizing that it is a diluted and perverse form from what Christ intended.

hare krsna.

jobeone.

Archived