New Writer, SAW :]

TWSsaw

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

your hand is hilarious.. all out of wack. i suggest quitting for 3 weeks. during those 3 weeks. look at this forum.. or probably somewhere better. study graffiti. dont look at one flick too long. dont want to bite. ;) Then i would suggest trying to draw something in pencil. make like a shape thats very evenly distributed. then make some letters out of it. make everything u draw balanced. youll go far(ther) if you do that shit. Worked for me when i just began. this shit helps you developed your own style.

Looks to me like you need to get the hang of drawing a straight line first!

Here's a tip, don't look at the pencil, look between the pencil and where you're heading so you can see both, if you understand me.

If you look at the pencil then you get lost and fuck up (like your lines)

payin' dues...well, that's cool. just stick with it, maybe work on your style for a few months and then come back and post on paper chase and show us how you've improved. for the rest of the time, just stick to doing searches and checking out the post on here. we don't need more threads updating us on your progression on a daily basis.

I though this thread was a joke at first. But after 10minutes of rolling around on the ground laughing (and one change of underwear later), I've got some basic advise for you.

First off, lose the arrows and keep it simple. Make each of your letters the same god damn size and right next to eachother. block letters are a great start for a little while. then mess with the letters a little to find a flow (or style you dig). And the rest is up to you.

Look at the graffiti around you and you'll get it. BUT I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH, DON'T BITE (stealing other people's style or letters). I SEE SO MANY KIDS GET SO CAUGHT UP IN COPYING OTHER PEOPLE'S STYLE THAT THREE YEARS LATER THEY DON"T HAVE ANYTHING ORIGINAL.

your going to get a lot of shit for being new but remember, your writing for yourself and no one else matters.

Archived