how did you pick your member name?

ubejinxed

Guest Dr. Drew
Originally posted by Pilau Hands

pilau [pee-l-ow (as in ouch)] is hawaiian. it means "stinky"

however at the time i coined it (about three years ago), i thought it meant "dirty." also at the time, i started painting and was still putting rusto fats on krylon cans with explosive results. didn't know how to get spray paint off my hands so it would stay there, making them look dirty.

now that i know it's "stinky" ... i wouldn't have it any other way.

to paraphrase Uncle boy : Why are his hands stinky? How did they get stinky? A mystery for the ages.

actually uncle was misinformed, and he and i had this conversation before. pilau does mean dirty and can mean stink as well in certain contexts. my grandmother (RIP) grew up in the days when hawaiian was the main language in hawaii, and she used to say pilau all the time meaning dirty.

actually when i first saw your name i thought it was reference to "dirty hands" the french bombing video

*edit*

while i'm here i may as well share:

Drew was always my fake name i gave in high school whenever i was in trouble. and out of habit, to this day, i still use it automatically without thinking about it when i don't wanna give out my real name. Dr was because i'm working toward a PhD. its dumb because i realized after i made the name and had a few posts that there was the loveline guy. i don't like my screenname too much, but i keep using it....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re: YAAAAYYY

Originally posted by mr.yuck

UBEJINXED-- I'll buy those stickers from you. Doesn't matter if they don't stick. Hit me on my email.

no need to buy, i'm not using them. they were part of my middle school sticker obsession. i also have some early 90's skate stickers that went in these funny little skate sticker books. and some other older (early 90's) stickers.

http://www.artic.edu/artaccess/AA_Modern/images/wood_med.jpg'>

Grant Wood, perhaps the most famous regionalist, painted this shit, its called American Gothic and its a famous eerie painting. He also painted the dopest landscapes. regionalists were those peoples that very much opposed European abstract art, which is what I like about regionalism paintings. Plus, this painting was critisexed for being a mock of midwestenern americans for their narrow mindness and repressive culture.

check them out:

Archived