Texas: The Death Factory (Death Penalty)

Guest TEARZ

muhammed has certainly brought this to the surface again around here, maybe we can build the thread back up to its former glory [before the 12oz post erase of 2003]

...so, these guys don't exactly fit under the 'but they might be innocent' argument against the death penalty

muhammed is clearly also an escape risk, and a danger to himself, other inmates, and society at large, even behind bars..

but is this justification enough to lower our legal system to his level; executioner?

the death penalty is problematic.

who wants to hash it out?

:scowl:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

I dont think the death penalty is acceptable for any reason and in any form. The main reason for that is that it educates people to fight back with greater violence. Its ironic that all the country's population that by odds wouldnt have nothing to do with the murderer feels relieved that he's no longer around, while the families of the people that got killed wouldnt sense the slightest difference after their loss.

To get a small taste of what i'm saying note that people who live in countries with no death penalty are vertcally opposite to it, why? dont we have murderers? While americans, as well as others, feel that in some cases it appropriate. I'm not saying this to down americans or anything of that kind, i'm saying it to highlight the fact that since it happens, its easily tolerable.

To end this, and try to strip this from any religious context, in war, threat or furious anger life taking just happens, that doesnt make it right but it may be nessecery. Killing when you're suposed to be coldblooded, objective and serve a system that is suposed to be the key code to society is just cowardish, conservative and petty.

America has a history of brutality i guess, fear and violence rule the country, i'm not the one to critisize it at the moment but for gods shake, if you're gonna act like a vigilante, dont wait for a warrant and dont expect your acts to be concidered as fair and educative.

moderatley off topic but....

i agree mental invalid. the christian right in america seems to be built around fear and greed and everything i thought being a good christian was against. such as loving your fellow man and forgiving them of their sins. There is a documentry called procedure 713 or somthing to that effect, its done fairly recently and it catalogs and documents what the execution procudures are and documents the execution of Robert Alton Harris. It has Roberts brother telling them that they were stripped naked and intterogated and threatened when going to witness the execution, meanwhile the family of the victims were at the wardens house eating and drinking. now aside from the fact that Robert Harris did murder two sixteen year olds in coldblood, i just find it disgusting that people could actually eat a large meal before going to watch some one be put to death. its a really good documentry done on San Quentin which is californias death row. at the same time though, if my son was murdered in cold blood over nothing i would want vengence and justice but even if i did want to see his killer executed, i could not eat a large meal first. and it goes into detail about how the governor pete wilson actually had soft money donors come in to witness the execution simply because they wanted to. People and political partys that champion the death penalty under the christian right have got to be some of the most hypocritical, the blood on the land from the genocided natives it was stolen from is still wet and while doing nothing to combat the root causes of most crime we have states and goverments that over the last decade or so have used this fear of people to pass laws that imprison more than any other nation in the world..

and that was before the terror attacks..

i read this in newsweek today.

"[if that happens], the western world, the free world loses what it cherishes most, and that is [the] freedom and liberty we've seen for a couple hundred years in the grand experiment we call democracy.-General Tommy Franks on his belief that if the USA is hit with a weapon of mass destruction that inflicts large casualties, the CONSTITUTION would likely be discarded for a military form of goverment.

and what about the other death penalty, you know violent vigilantes with guns.

twice that i can recall in the nineties, graffiti writers were murdered in cold blood with no charges and in one case, i think the guy became a local hero or some shit.

the first case i believe was early nineties southern california where some Latino, i belive...sorry i dont have names..but ill find the article eventually, teenagers where tagging an overpass when a 'citizens group' motherfucker was writing down their licnese plate. they saw him and pulled a screwdriver on him and told him to give them the peice of paper with the lp# and he shot and killed a teenager. no charges filed against him and i belive, but my recollections are a bit foggy, that he was not permitted to carry a concealed handgun. but at that time in south cali where a lot of the rightwinger christian motherfuckers are segregated from minority populations and post LA riots..he was praised as a local hero. needless to say the amount of innocent people shot and killed due to economic situations could be equated to a death penalty since the goverment in charge has the resources to rectify the poverty rate which is responsable for most of the crime.

the second was TieOne THR who was shot in the back in cold blood while unarmed and trying to run away by another lunatic vigilante and the da again decided it to be a justifiable homicide or some shit because Tie was climbing a roof top and ran and got shot so you know...them damn kids these days...when they climb your roof its ok to murder them according to the san francisco da's office.

i mean....thats just graffiti writers in cali murdered. i bet the vigilante death penalty blows the state one out of the water. and i got this sinking feeling that most shooters are white and a substantial number of vicitims are minorty and unarmed and a lot of vigilantes get off.

^i remember the first instance you're talking about... think you can find that link?

one of the things that i find extremely interesting right now is bob riley, gov of alabama... i'll be back with more...

eesh, what can you say...the working class poor are continually victimized by the comfortably wealthy when the comfortably wealthy probably couldnt even spend all the money that they have.

i actually saw somthing about that on the daily show, about how schools were crumbling, literally wouldnt suprise me, and convicts were being let out of prison early because they money wasnt there and the increase failed.

but i mean.....thats nothing compared how we are getting outright gouged by the vice presidents corp and our armed forces have been put into a nasty gureilla war while being stripped of our civil rights.

the tax structure in cali is sort of similar. the working poor pay over eleven percent and the richest pay 7. so with all that recall bullshit about the defeicit...its like you stupid motherfucking people....if you would just raise the tax's on the rich there would be no deficit, but instead 70 mill got spent on a recall and now we have a rich, politcally unexperienced republican with a right wing administration to fix the problem when they are the exact cause of the problem.

i shoulda gone to college or somthing.

Originally posted by KaBar

Bottom line---this guy murdered a 16-year old boy for absolutely no good reason. What about Richard Whitehead's appeal? Where is his chance for a re-trial? What opportunity did he have to see justice done? It is as if the liberals just forget all about you if some fucking monster kills you. Delma Banks murdered Richard Whitehead. He got convicted and sentenced. He appealed his sentence. Adios, bad person.

Note to murderers: Stay out of Texas unless you want to be executed by some hard-hearted Department of Criminal Justice corrections officers. You will get a trial by a jury of your peers. If you get convicted, and sentenced to death, once your attorneys have run out of ideas to try and get your sentence overturned, you will get the needle. They will bury you in a prison cemetary under your prison number and very few people will miss you.

Instead, why don't you choose to live a productive life, live peacefully and not make choices likely to lead to the death of other people? Your choice, your life, your own responsibility to do right. Don't snivel if you choose badly and get punished for it.

No bad ass on earth is as bad ass as the State of Texas.

WOW, I'M SPEECHLESS......YOU'RE WAY MORE OF AN IGNORRANT REDNECK MORON THAN I THOUGHT.

Bottom line---this guy murdered a 16-year old boy for absolutely no good reason. What about Richard Whitehead's appeal? Where is his chance for a re-trial? What opportunity did he have to see justice done? It is as if the liberals just forget all about you if some fucking monster kills you. Delma Banks murdered Richard Whitehead. He got convicted and sentenced. He appealed his sentence. Adios, bad person.

Note to murderers: Stay out of Texas unless you want to be executed by some hard-hearted Department of Criminal Justice corrections officers. You will get a trial by a jury of your peers. If you get convicted, and sentenced to death, once your attorneys have run out of ideas to try and get your sentence overturned, you will get the needle. They will bury you in a prison cemetary under your prison number and very few people will miss you.

Instead, why don't you choose to live a productive life, live peacefully and not make choices likely to lead to the death of other people? Your choice, your life, your own responsibility to do right. Don't snivel if you choose badly and get punished for it.

WOW, I'M SPEECHLESS......YOU'RE WAY MORE OF AN IGNORRANT REDNECK MORON THAN I THOUGHT.

Archived