do these people realize no one gives a shit???

boogie hands

this is what i saw when i signed on today.....(and what AOL deems as news worthy)

NEW YORK (March 8) - Fans of HBO's popular drama "The Sopranos" may have to "fuhgeddabout" another season after James Gandolfini, the actor who plays the family patriarch, filed a lawsuit seeking a release from his contract.

But viewers shouldn't count out "The Sopranos" just yet. A source close to Gandolfini said the actor believes he is underpaid relative to other small-screen stars, and that he would like to return for a fifth season if a deal can be reached.

"This suit is really about Jim (Gandolfini) being paid fair market value, like other stars of network television shows, and he expects it to be settled in a friendly way," the source said.

Gandolfini, a two-time Emmy award winner for his portrayal of conflicted mob boss Tony Soprano, alleged in a suit filed in California that HBO violated a clause in his contract when it failed to notify him of a $20 million deal it struck with David Chase, the show's creator.

"This is nothing more than a further renegotiation tactic by an actor in a binding contract," said HBO spokesman Quentin Schaffer.

An end to "The Sopranos," which broke records for a cable show last year by pulling in 13.4 million viewers for its premiere, would be a huge blow to HBO, the subscription cable channel owned by AOL Time Warner .

"The Sopranos" is HBO's most popular show, and it paved the way for a string of HBO hits such as "Six Feet Under" and "Curb Your Enthusiasm." The show's fifth season was scheduled to begin shooting in April, a spokesman said.

Gandolfini receives about $400,000 an episode under a deal renegotiated after the first season of "The Sopranos," according to Variety, roughly in line with stars like Martin Sheen of NBC's "The West Wing" but far below the $1.6 million per episode paid to Kelsey Grammer for NBC's "Frasier."

Network television shows generate advertising revenue, while commercial-free HBO derives its revenue solely from subscriptions. HBO's business model makes it difficult to calculate exactly how much "The Sopranos" -- and Gandolfini -- are worth.

"Unfortunately there's no way to quantify it," HBO spokesman Schaffer said of the show. "But we know it's valuable."

Several other actors on "The Sopranos," including Michael Imperioli, who plays Christopher Moltisanti; Tony Sirico, who plays Paulie Walnuts; and Jamie Lynn-Sigler, who plays Meadow Soprano, have recently renegotiated their contracts in recent months, according to reports in industry trade publications.

"Gandolfini has always been extremely supportive of his fellow cast members," said a source familiar with the production. "It would seem out of character that he would want to do something to jeopardize a financially rewarding year for his fellow cast."

Gandolfini and "Sopranos" production company Brillstein-Grey were not immediately available for comment."

this shit kills me....$400,000 an episode....mabey this no talent shit doesnt realize it but he makes more in a year than most americans make in a life time and hes bitching??? this thread isnt even about some overpaid, cut-rate shmuck on an hbo series....its about people putting too much worth on themselves and the masses putting too much worth on these people....this is the "im not worth a damn thing but somehow ive been elevated to star status" thread....feel free to talk about movie stars, sports stars, frank sinatra, elvis, the kennedy family and various other garbage that americans worship on a daily basis without second thought....

what about steven hawking??? what about edward said??? what about your 9th grade teacher that helped your sorry, flunking ass make it to the 10th grade??? what about the kid whos smarter than all of you..who wants to teach high school english because he feels education is going to shit and he would rather make a difference than the extra $20,000 a year teaching college??? what about that??? exactly...this country is so full of trash that i honestly doubt 80% of america could even tell me who the first two people i mentioned are. this 80 percent is why the james gandolfinis' of the world exist and the small percentage of people who are actually MAKING A DIFFERENCE in the world and the worlds way of thinking are doomed to a life of obscurity...unappreciated by the masses and more or less ignored....we dont all have what it takes to be one of the people listed above but we can all make an effort to appreciate these people more and treat (what society deems) the "idols" of our time as what they are....nothing.

this concludes the boogie hand "spontaneous rant" thread....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This is so fucked up. The guy makes more an episode now then a vast majority of the nation makes in an entire year or even life time. But rather then being happy with what he gets, which is more than ANYONE deserves to make for pretending to be something, he has to threaten to leave if he doesnt makes more than four hundred grand an episode. LET HIM LEAVE! The show will continue with or without him, its as simple has having him being poped off at the end of the season. :shake head: :shake head:

I HATE PEOPLE.

the show probably wouldnt continue without him as he is integral to the plot... that show has entertained me for many many hours and has put a little a happiness into millions of people's lives...he deserved the extra$$$!!!

dont forget they were offering jerry seinfield 5 million an episode if he continues

i expect tease to respond how he did

as far as rectum i cant expect him to put much thought into life

the entertainment industry is indeed a sick perverted life

these fucks think they deserve the 'big bucks' for saying some lines

boogie said it all, these people dont deserve half of what they are getting paid.

what happened to the time when sports stars played the game because they loved it?

and didnt get a twisted ankle and sit out the whole season

celebrities for the most part are just pussies

Guest sneak

a fine example of people being payed to much is when you see Ruvaldo (football / soccer player) getting £90,000 a week. how on earth could you even begin to try and spend that much cash per week.

Guest beardo

as much as i agree that basically everyone in the entertainment industry makes way too much money, you need to accept it that its usually what they deserve. dont forget that these people make billions more for the big production companies. all they're asking for is their fair share of the pie. you would too if johnny moneybags CEO is making 40 million off a movie/tv show you starred in, which you only got paid one million to do. dude's just trying to keep it proportional.

what you should really be concerned with, is how stupid people are for becoming mindless drones, letting movies and tv run their lives. if we didnt spend so much money on it, everyone would be worth less.

Originally posted by beardo

as much as i agree that basically everyone in the entertainment industry makes way too much money, you need to accept it that its usually what they deserve. dont forget that these people make billions more for the big production companies. all they're asking for is their fair share of the pie. you would too if johnny moneybags CEO is making 40 million off a movie/tv show you starred in, which you only got paid one million to do. dude's just trying to keep it proportional.

believe me...i definatly see that but at the same time i just cant seem to care about someone making millions a year being exploited...it certanly isnt newsworthy....

whatever...thats life

how about this shit...chelsea fucking clinton has already landed a job with some consulting firm that's going to start her ass at over $100,000 per year upon her graduation. that shit pisses me off, sure she's graduating from stanford, but do you think that bitch would be getting job offers like that if her pops wasn't who he was? fuck that, i need a job.

Originally posted by mr_president

the guy who plays tony suprano is thinking about quiting until he gets paid more???

man they better pay his ass and be done with that shit! i love the fucking sopranos!!!!

however, tony soprano is a dope character to play, ill kick peoples ass and be a 'boss' and fuck bitches and chill with strippers any day...

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit :D

Just die. Please.

What America needs is a "paparazzi posse", a mob of masked thugs who assault celebrity-hounding photographers wherever they gather.

As a bonus, the paparazzi's friends wouldn't help them in a fight, they'd just film it. (Hence the masks on the posse's part.)

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

What America needs is a "paparazzi posse", a mob of masked thugs who assault celebrity-hounding photographers wherever they gather.

As a bonus, the paparazzi's friends wouldn't help them in a fight, they'd just film it. (Hence the masks on the posse's part.)

i will head up the Vancouver Chapter

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by freeze

how about this shit...chelsea fucking clinton has already landed a job with some consulting firm that's going to start her ass at over $100,000 per year upon her graduation. that shit pisses me off, sure she's graduating from stanford, but do you think that bitch would be getting job offers like that if her pops wasn't who he was? fuck that, i need a job.

oh thats NOTHING man. listen to this

this one guy, his dad was rich and powerful. His daddy got him into an Ivy League school even though he got D's in high school and didnt do well on his SAT's. Then in College, he had drinking problems and did cocaine. This is where it gets really bullshit. Since his daddy was so rich and powerful, he got elected Governor of Texas. Then, he ran for president. He didn't win, but his daddy's buddies in the supreme court chose him to be OUR president. Now thats bullshit.

like someone said earlier, its not what you know, its who you know.

This is a little bit long but i guess it's worth reading.

The state that America is in right now is purely shit for the majority of people. Its fucked up when i think about it, I have more friends that have been killed, died from over dosing, or are in prison, than the friends i have in college. The average person i know has no aspirations or dreams in life. They make an average of 13k a year and arent going anywhere in life. People have been over consumed by a BLING BLING culture where you are what you wear and what you have, not what you do and why. One of my friends got grant money to go to school and when they dropped the $3500 cash in his hands he went out bought an oldschool ride, got it some candy paint and bought some 20" spokes. He then went to the mall and bought a $750 leather coat, and some other shit until there was nothing left. He blew his chance at an education where he could get a good job makin 50k a year to ride around in a pretty car to impress a bunch of uneducated bitches that are going nowhere in life with him. It seems that people are becoming very short sighted and it's not a good thing. If he would have stayed in school for even 2 years to get an associates degree he'd be able to get as many damn cars as he wants.

There is also something wrong with every damn kid from the suburbs wanting to be a fuckin gangster, selling drugs, running around dressed like they are in a damn puff daddy video. I never understood why some one who has it all would jeopordize what they have to make themselves appear more ignorant. The thing i tell them when i see them is broke gangsters and people like me from the ghetto don't wear designer clothes every day all day.

There's nothing wrong with the hustle but it's like these fuckin kids are hustling backwards. In stead of jumping into a degree and doing it all legit, they want to take the risk of going to prison for ever to impress a bunch of dumb hoes.

I've personally been doing a lot of thinking on cultural differences as to what different races spend their money on. I had a conversation with one of my boys and he told me "My whole life I've been looking at rich white people and always wondered why they always laugh at us[black people]. But now i see why, the average nigga is a fuckin idiot. The average muthfucka is in it for the quick buck, not the big bucks." Then he goes into his rich white man voice "Here nigger i have shiney gold chain for you if you sign this recording contract, I'll even throw in some 22 inch rims."

After we had this conversation i was noticing that a lot of funny things such as the the rap label clothing companies such as ROCKAWEAR, PHATFARM, SEANJEAN and all this types of shit is priced fucking rediculous. The average fuckin person can't afford a $250 sweatsuit. The average person can't afford a $400 "authentic" sports jersey. But every one has to look like they are ballin. It comes down to people livin above their means. I know so many grown men that drive around in $50,000 trucks but still live with their mama.

People just have their priorities out of wack and it fuckin sucks. People are runnin around livin above their means. Dont buy an $80,000 car before you buy a house. I know that no one wants to be poor but livin ghetto rich is not the way either.

I may have gotten off topic here a little bit sorry.

Archived