PUMA's New Advertising

Ronnie Dobbs

I don't doubt that they're real. America is generally recognized around the rest of the world as being pretty conservative. Though I don't think it's a campaign geared towards the American market, I could easily see this going over in South America and probably Europe considering nudity and sexual overtones are prominant everywhere, including regular prime time television.

However, I'd still like confirmation, mainly because I'd be intersted in reading up about how it's being recieved. That is assuming it is real.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If it is real and intended for North America, there's only one magazine that would run it.... vice.

and look at the shoes in the first one.

They're gritty and dirty. No chance would a shoe company

put dirty used shoes in an add. If anything, it was a college project that grew.

now the question is....

Raven.

Would you run that add as a back cover if offered the right amount of $$$

It's legit....

three Puma items in each shot.

Dirty? Whatever....that could go either way....

it's not that overly sexual...it is suggestive, yes...but they're fully cloathed. Body posistioning isn't enough to make it too much for print.

Originally posted by fr8otech

It's legit....

Says who?

Dirty? Whatever....that could go either way....

I've never ever ever seen dirty gear in a product shot unless it's super dirty for a point.

it's not that overly sexual...it is suggestive, yes...but they're fully

cloathed. Body posistioning isn't enough to make it too much for print.

dude! jism! Without the jiz then maybe it's only sugestive.

seriously, Addvertising and photography students make thousands of fake adds ever semester.

I'd bet money that it's student work.

I agree...it fully could be a student mock-up.....

but either way...I don't think the things pointed out so far are enough to make a clear call on it's legitimacy <sp>.

I know I have seen "non-spotless product' in adds before...I don't have any examples but I'm sure it wouldn't be a first.

ya, it's true....girl took a shoot in the leg, okay. I can't argue with that...but I still think it's a 50/50 call on if this is a real advertisment.

It made everyone stop and think...that's for sure.

dude i have never seen a shoe advertised dirty unless it is run as an action ad, ie someone playing football in the mud, or a runner running through a swamp, for this it ad the dirtyness makes it look bad and for advertising id say thats a no no....plus not suggestive.....that wad on her leg would never ever run in the states..

oh and kilo, i say go for it! :smiles:

Guest imported_El Mamerro

I think the old shoe look is pretty trendy. All the cool hippieish young people who've had the same pairs of shoes for 5 years have made it kinda "in". Couple that with Puma's obvious retro style, and I think the dirty shoe could even be favorable to a shiny new one if their target consumers are young trendhoppers.

You'd think fashion model industry would avoid emaciated, sick-looking women...

I kinda figured I would have heard or seen something about this prior to 12 oz. None of the industry mags and websites I've seen have mentioned it. While I agree that Europe in general embraces "sexual content and innuendos"...I won't believe it till I see some sort of proof.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

You'd think fashion model industry would avoid emaciated, sick-looking women...

she looks good to me!

There's actually a 'sneaker-pimp' sotre opening up 2 blocks from my house.

It's all those old model classics that were only released in zaire for some zulu soccer match.

I cant belive how much it hurts to be hip.

maybe these

http://www.sportsmart.co.uk/trolleyed/images/products/t_shinpad3.jpg'>

are more her style!

Originally posted by Kilo7-

she looks good to me!

My Inter Web Sarcasm Detector is a little iffy today because of only 2 hours of sleep, so I'm assuming that wasn't sarcastic...

What I meant was that if the model industry purposely shows sick-looking women, it shouldn't be surprising that the shoe industry purposely shows dirty shoes.

I noticed you tried to pull off the traceless edit trick, haha

Guest HESHIANDET

have any of you seen the gucci ads w/ the girls pubic hair shaved in to the "g" logo. if that runs in bigger fashion mags, im sure these puma ads will to.

If I had the $250 to shell out for these, I fucking would:

http://www.nuovo-nuovo.com/images/product/Cat30/0102/2881G2.jpg'>

http://store3.yimg.com/I/goclothingstore_1727_30777774'>

Sorry to say I'm not feeling Zesto's pick... I absolutely loathe the light-stitch-on-dark-panels style. It looks good on a couple of things, but shoes isn't one of them. Beer,

El Mamerro

i love my pumas.

europe is always a fewsteps ahead in fashion no matter what anyone says. give it say six months, those tiny puma and adidas purses will be on every single girl you see. and the shoes in the ad have been out almost 6 months now if not more correct?

Guest ctrl+alt+del
Originally posted by Kilo7-

There's actually a 'sneaker-pimp' sotre opening up 2 blocks from my house.

It's all those old model classics that were only released in zaire for some zulu soccer match.

I cant belive how much it hurts to be hip.

!

lucky bastard

i work at a shoestore that sells all that shit.

those shoes have been out for almost 2 years.

and the bags, id say about 1.5 years.

yes ill admit europe is ahead fashion wise with the rest of america, but for most of the major cities, La, Ny, Sf, we're within arms reach in the fashion marathon.

Archived