dear dixie chicks, please die......thanks

mental invalid

dear dick sucking chicks

youre killing one of the best stevie nicks songs ever......

you do her no justice, you shouldnt even try.....all three of your voices together dont even come close.....its just an awful cover, played over and over and over.........

get your own fucking songs, and leave stevie out of it......

thanking you in advance......r.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Mental Invalid

The Chicks are pals with Stevie Nicks, and big fans, and they included "Landslide" in their album as a tribute. She wrote it, so it puts money in her pocket, too. Don't be dumb. Stevie kicked ass many years as one of the reigning queens of rock and roll, but nobody stays on top forever. Outside of the much-maligned "classic rock" stations, who ever plays Stevie Nicks' tunes? The Dixie Chicks are big supporters of Stevie Nicks' attempt to re-invent herself as a country/western/rock crossover singer. Since rock and country have sort of cross-bred over the years (the Chicks themselves used to be "alternative" or so I hear) it's the best shot Nicks has to continue her career.

Stevie Nicks started singing rock and roll in her late teens. She wrote "Landslide" (about her relationship with her father) in 1975.

BTW, Fleetwood Mac is touring, and although I don't have it, I understand Say You Will is a killer album. "Always loved the Mac."

I was 25 when they released "Landslide." (sigh) Stevie Nicks rocks, even in her forties, and she ain't bad lookin', even today.

dont be dumb?....um ok.......

look tribute or no tribute the cover sucks, leave ms. nicks and her music alone.....and if they were real friends they wouldnt have done it...its assssssssssssss....and i dont know what this has to do with her once being on top either.....this has to do with a suck ass cover...although i agree with you she is pretty good lookin' for her age......

ps....for how to do a good cover, see mr. cash do NIN.......

Guest BROWNer

hahaha, i don't know what's funnier, kabar's historical ramble, or

kilo's 'rock off'. i'm down for a 'rock off'. the radio licks my snutties.

Each to their own

You got your preferences, and I got mine. I bet Stevie Nicks would rather see her bank account filled with some of the proceeds of sucessful albums than not, but "whatever." It's not really appropriate to compare music artists of two different eras, somehow. Maybe Elvis Presley sucks as far as you are concerned, but if you compare him to Pat Boone---well, you get the idea.

I'm no rock music expert. I can barely remember the fucking '60s, and I was there the whole time. I think.

Re: Each to their own

Originally posted by KaBar

You got your preferences, and I got mine. I bet Stevie Nicks would rather see her bank account filled with some of the proceeds of sucessful albums than not, but "whatever." It's not really appropriate to compare music artists of two different eras, somehow. Maybe Elvis Presley sucks as far as you are concerned, but if you compare him to Pat Boone---well, you get the idea.

I'm no rock music expert. I can barely remember the fucking '60s, and I was there the whole time. I think.

I hear what you're saying, Kabar, but let's be realistic; the great music of your era -- The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Led Zeppelin, James Taylor, Al Green, Marvin Gaye, Simon and Garfunkel, etc...

Today, who the fuck can compare?

I rest my case.

New Music sucks.

i dont listen to the radio but the ladies in my office do..they played that song 7 times yesterday..7 times in 8 hours??i agree with mental invalid they have ruined that song to the point that i never want to hear the original again..and i love stevie nicks and i could care less about her making a come back...all of her good songs were written while she was powderin her nose anyway..die chixie dix die!

I think our predjudices are hard-wired from our experiences

There are some modern artists that I like, but they play music of a type I didn't like when I was a kid. For instance, country music was like the "music of the enemy" when I was in high school, say around 1966. SOUL MUSIC was the hot shit sound all during my junior high and high school years. I had a love/hate relationship with bands everybody dissed back then, like the Beach boys. The Beach Boys actually made some pretty decent rock and roll. I think "Pet Sounds" might have been their best musical effort, but I actually liked their earlier, less musically proficient years, when they cut the songs they had written as high schoolers.

Country and Western music was anathema. When Bob Dylan cut a ROCK ALBUM, it was like "Oh, no! Our hero has sold out to the enemy!!" And when he wrote country-sounding tunes we were horrified. I was a "surfer-hippie-antiwar activist." I was on the staff of our high-school's secret, "underground" newspaper, Reality. Some our our archrivals (ostensibly pro-war, pro-President Johnson, anti-hippie) in the Future Farmers of America chapter at our school actually smoked dope too. Some of them were anti-war, too. Some of them were actually pretty cool people, but we were so busy being self-righteous and smug about how "right" we were, that we muffed a chance to bridge the gap. I ran into a shit kicker from my high school at a Willie Nelson concert once. I was thinking "Damn, maybe the guy is coming around." He came up and said, "Country music turns out to be not so bad after all, huh." From my point of view Willie was a very hip guy. From his point of view, he was an old veteran country star who cut his teeth writing songs for people like Patsy Cline. In Texas, left meets right at Willie Nelson's Fourth of July Picnic. Bring your own herbs.

I'm not sure what this ramble is about, other than that maybe Rodney King is fucking right. We all could get along a lot better if we started every day completely shitfaced on Olde English 800. LOL. Then we wouldn't be able to even pronounce "animosity." Say that three times real fast, LOL.

^ well you will be interested to hear that many of my the hipsters in my city have adopted country as the new 'white man's folk.' I guess that it's a bit of the rebellion away from the over-produced pop acts. and possibly a return to the 'musical roots' that have always been shunned. Imagine a 30 year old white male loving the music that his grandfather used to play! It's just sounds so foreign to actually appreciate some things that you were told to dislike by your generation. How many times have I heard "I like all types of music except country"?

I'm a rambling man.

Guest 87centHitMan

God they suck I came home one day and my girlfreind was listening to that shit very loudly...IT wasn't on for long. They really suck.

Listen to that mexican muswic that you can find on that am radio. ITs awsome its just a pounding 2 4 beat and an accordian.

I love that shit.

RADIO UNO PUNTO UNO LAS CANCIONES MAS BUENOS MUSICA!!!!!!!!musica!!!!!!!!!! BUENO. RADIO!!

ahh, good times.

Raymon Alaya y Los Tigres Del Norte POR VIDAS ESE!!!!!!!!

I like Mexican music too

Especially the Mexican form of ranchero music known as norteno and conjunto. It is a blend of German polka (from the central Texas German and Czech traditions) and traditional mariachi-style stuff. It's a Mexican version of what we call Tejano. I love the Tejano singers here who sing both in Spanish and English, and I really love the Tejano-style accordian. All the old guys, like Freddy Fender, Gilberto Perez, and Ramon Ayaladid great stuff. I also like more folkie Tex-Mex/country/rock-and-roll singers like Tish Hinojosa. She can really sing romanticos like you've never heard, and good old style rock-and-roll, too.

Texas music is a lot of fun. When I was a kid, I was too wound up in left-wing, hippie bullshit to be able to see how cool the old shit really was. But I learned better after a while.

Archived