need help transfering to canvas

casekonly

i made patches once out of canvas and a special glue. i bought the glue at michael's. i dont know the name but its in the crafts and canvas section. i took my image and printed it to acetate, then i flipped the acetate over and made a copy of my image backwards. then i took the paper print of my image applied the special glue and put it on the canvas. after it dryed i used a sponge and removed the paper print and had a patch of my black and white image. however i dont know if you can apply paint over the special glue but if it doesn't work you could just make a huge back patch for your jean jacket.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

as i recall, back when i was trying to figure out a way to make shirts with transfers...for cheap, i used this junk that you painted over your design and then applied it to the cloth, after it dried, you took a wet sponge and sponged off the paper. it could be the same stuff that you're talking about, but it left this plastic film on the cloth which i didn't like too much...i think i bought that stuff at wal mart..

Re: Masonite

Originally posted by KaBar

I think they make acrylic Gesso, too.

yep, they do.

I think silkscreening is the best idea so far.

Of course you could take KaBar's idea and paste a print out of it on the masonite. Use polyurethane to paste it down and go over top of it as well. Wheat Paste might work as well. You could probably even go over this with a layer of gesso.

Archived