posting your own freights??

the press

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I personally don't post my own stuff, but than again i mostly just do streaks. When i go out to bench i'm just out there having fun, taking pictures of things i enjoy, and catching some streaks. I think its fine to post some of your own shit everyonce in awhile if its actually worth other people seeing, but its a lot more gratifying seeing someone else post your shit, and just knowing other kids are seeing it and its getting around.

The problem with posting your own shit is that it misrepresents your presence in the freight world. If 5 of your freights supposidly get 'spotted' in a month, people will believe you to be 'up' (even though you probably still suck). If you trade flics with people who post on here, thats nearly just as bad because you're licking that stamp knowing where it's going to end up. I wont name names, but there are a few people who would have no fame if not for shit like this.

If you want to post your own shit, admit your posting your own shit. If you want to post your crews shit, admit your posting your crews shit. Trying to pass it off like your catching it rolling is an insult to the rest of the people who don't cut corners or pull strings to get respect, they earn it (the hard way).

i'm surprised nobody's mentioned this, but graff started as a means of expression for poor kids (yeah, there were other factors too: trendy, feed ego, etc), and posting you own can very easily be interpretted as buying fame.

you have to own a computer, camera, scanner, have time to post, etc., where some kid putting in more work may not get his because he can't afford shit... if graff is really all about promo, why stop here, why not buy commercial time on mtv and show your flicks.

Guest rob deer

carson won't make me pay for shit.

I think if you can discuise your stuff in with all the other burners and it holds its own vs all the rest play on player. I ain't bragging though.

i tried to read everything but i just couldnt...

i will say this i wish more people would post there own flix...especially if u have utter trash that shows up on here from the *benched* threads on a daily basis......... the attitude that ur trying to misrepresent whats going on is usually pretty damn easy to spot out....i dont feel like rambling on about this but if you got some cool shit to post do it...if ur some out of the gates dude it probably isnt ur best bet... but if ur some dude on here that talks such a big game post some newer shit i think its safe to say that everyone likes to look at quality stuff:idea:

i could careless if people post there own freights.As long as it isn't over kill.I have to admit before i came here i didn't see alot of stuff besides west coast.Shit i go to the yards at leaat 1 a week.I had no clue how many freights some guys had.Take for an example Erupto,Ono,Sigh,Mber and so on and so forth.Sites like this oppen up a whole no world.

Archived