posting your own freights??

the press

ive noticed latley people posting thier own trains and noticed people getting upset about this..i wanted to start this post because i was curious what everyone else thought about this subject..

personally, i think its garbage...people give sigh such a hard time for "biting"...isnt this just as bad??? i think you should let your pieces, bombs, tags, ect. ect. do the work...have enuff self respect to not post your own shittt.......

and if you must post your shit.....have enuff dignity to say that your doing it and not play like you spotted it....damnn

just my thoughts..

what do you think??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest PHYNE

i say post away as long as its not complete garbage.........

ill post fr8s all day...but no tags or lame bombs threads..just fr8s homie.....:jpotato:

i wish MORE people would post their own freights so it wasnt always the same shit. theres a lot of people who's personal collections i'd like to see... . i've never even caught half the people that are up a lot on here. i've never even heard of most of them untill i came on here, but now at least i know about them and can follow what they do.

sigh is a pretty bad name to drop for your example. he's got brandnew pieces on cars next to eachother posted, he's steadily on thread after thread. that aint him or his friends doing it? i dont give a shit though, its just more pictures to look at.

why care? you like graffiti right?

also now that i think of it - i rarely ever catch anyones nice pieces (assuming they do nice pieces) that shit you always just see photos of or in a magazine. the "benched" posts really show this, they're usually 90% crap - its cool to see either way, but we all know how graffiti looks in real life and a lot of the time its nice to see the flicks of people's shit that they actually want you to see. i know i've never seen anything of mine that i was proud of posted on here... that shit all falls off a cliff somewhere.

i think its not "cool" to post your own freights in the "spotted" threads in this forum, because shit, half the time it would only be a list of your own shit if you paint 4 cars a night at a layup with nothing on the trains. who really cares if people post their own pictures, i mean graffiti is about ego's and people have websites dedicated to themselves and thier crew. take ewokone.com. he is good as shit and i for one have gone to his website and been like "damn." and wasnt like... "fucking stamplicker..." i guess you could look at it as posting flicks as a means of getting up. its even better if you have a little bit of work to back yourself up i guess. i say post away, and if you throw in one or 2 of your peices your proud of... who cares? it just gets redundant if people post whole threads about themselves all the time and its garbage...... i dunno just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by ray finkle

i know i've never seen anything of mine that i was proud of posted on here... that shit all falls off a cliff somewhere.

Exactly.

I don't know where the big taboo against posting your own stuff comes from. If you overdo it, yeah, it's nauseating. Otherwise, graff is almost nothing but self promotion to begin with. You take your painting skills and write your name up fancy on some trains. You picked trains in the first place because they roll places and can be seen by more people than a wall. It's nothing but advertising, and distributing flicks of the stuff to an even wider audience is a logical extension.

What I think the main objection is - by the people who sneer at those who post their own shit - is that by posting a lot of your own shit, you can misrepresent to internet viewers how much work you've put in. Which sounds like a bunch of jealousy: heads who think they're keeping it real by refusing to post their shit get pissed that nobody ever benches their shit, yet the name of some doofus who's put in a tenth of the work is in everybody's mouth due to his self-promo.

On the other hand, I look at internet train flicks as a virtual bench. I get to see stuff I wouldn't see at my local yard, and more often than I can even get to my local yard or mainline. So a stacked post of all the same dude or the same crew is like "enough already". I'd rather see a no-bias bench of what everybody catches in their area.

The final argument against posting your own shit is simply that you look a little insecure doing it - you care a little too much what other people think. Except for somebody like Grey who will post something just to start a little controversy, most of the self-posting heads seem to be a little younger, a little newer to the game, anxious for quick recognition. If after five years in graff you're not painting mostly for your own enjoyment, your head's probably in the wrong place.

But yeah, Ray's right about that cliff that swallows all your best shit. :cry2:

man i wish everyone would shut tha fuck up about self promo...

i think if youre wack and your self promoting your gay, but otherwise i dont give a fuck if you, your moms, your best friend, or some other bitch posts the picture as long as i get to see it.

who gives a fuck who posts it shit, im trying to see some pictures god damnit...

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

you hate night flicks?? why ? theyre' not the dopest but still they are dope. I think they are cool they capture the moment i love fressshly done peices with cripy night flicks!

If I knew how to post flicks I would Post my shit, no one else is going to do it, it seems everyone is quite political, do you think 12oz is a perfect representation of what is out there running??>>>>NO!

anyone who spends enought time in the yards knows whos up and whos not, regardless of this internet/graff zine bullshit....self promo is great and all but the trains dont lie.....

regardless, if your getting your panties in a bunch about it then you may want to look into other things like getting a girlfriend, a life, an education, etc.....have fun herbs.

P.S.

Originally posted by railspike

it seems everyone is quite political, do you think 12oz is a perfect representation of what is out there running??>>>>NO!

ill agree with this as well.....60% of the kids who post "what they see" are nothing more than nut riding morons....if you havent painted at every scribble jam/paint louis/under pressure and shown up in countless graff zines then your obviously not real and in no way worthy of wasting a photo on.....if people would photograph the peices that show talent instead of every peice of scrap can bullshit some "big name" writer puts up then mabey this board and these freight website would be more entertaining.....

...it's is definately pure garbage for people to be 'spotting' themselves and even anything local for that matter because it's redundant and pointless...but damn i love some flicks...i love all those nsf posts and the posts of biter r and the boys out west...i mean i hardly see them out here and i know they put in quality work so please go ahead and post it...but if your stuff sucks and you go and post a bunch of it, you'll only live to regret it later...

i can agree with most of this...ive just seen to many times where people who shouldnt be posting there stuff do...and i def agree with porque..you will only regret it later...

and i dont think i ever said sigh post his own frieghts..i was comparing the fact that everybody says sigh "bites" to the fact of posting your own frieghts

thanks for all the thoughts..

I WOULDN'T AGREE THAT ALOT OF THE POSTED FLIX IN METAL HEADS IS CRAP, OR WHAT DID YOU SAY, ''90% CRAP''...I KNOW I POST DOPE SHIT, AND SO DO ALOT OF OTHER PEOPLE..AND AS FAR AS POSTING YOUR OWN SHIT, I AGREE WITH CRACKED...FOR ME, FOR SOME REASON, MY FREIGHTS ARENT ALWAYS SEEN..SO I WILL POST ONE EVERY NOW AND THEN, JUST TO LET PEOPLE KNOW, IM STILL OUT HERE...AND FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT NEVER SEE MY STUFF..BUT LIKE CRACKED SAID, OVERDOINGIT, CAN BE NAUSEATING..AND I AGREE..

Guest SPFlatty

It's not real until it's been benched by yourself...

post what you see and people will like you as a poster. if you throw in a random freight of yours, cool, it's worth a little self recognition for putting in the work and for dealing with fotango. take spacemanspif for example, this guy posts everything he sees on golden wests and i love it!!! for those of you that don't know, goden wests are the dirtiest boxcars out there. everyone of them has some sort of terrible scribbling behind it and even on the pieces. pictures of blunt smoking cartoon characters, SUR tags, jimmy's a little bitch with wal-mart paint, anything and everything is written on golden wests. a lot of the posters on here i do know, post very unbiasedly, but there are other's i don't know that are searching for internet stardom, obviously. i bench all the time and am in the yard all the time, so i know what goes down on half of the continent. the other half? i have to rely on this palce and the few trains that escape the gauntlet of disses and locality, to wander into my yard. keep up the good work benching and remember, unless you've seen a freight in its essence, sitting idly in a yard or rolling by, it doesn't exist. only when you capture it with the click of a minolta or the dgital memory of your mind, it is real...until then, bench...you'll see what's out there...if not now, later...

^^^ summed it up nicely there at the end...fuck i miss freights so much, both painting them and benching them..spring break is comming up so maybe i'll have some spotted/flick posts...

someone put up my name is the spotted list and i'm like "finally"...sure, i could post flicks of myself or "spot" myself, but that's no fun..it's more worth while to just wait and like someone said, let the trains you painted do the work..it just seems more rewarding that way, like your work is really out there getting seen, even if it takes months to show up on this site, that still doesn't mean it hasn't been seen in that whole stretch of time..have faith..

remember, too, that only a percentage of people post spotted lists onto this 12oz board. there are thousands of people out there who dont bother to write down what they've seen or transfer what they have seen to the internet. .. although, it seem like everyone and their mother is on this site these days..:)

im too lazy to read all this shit, but contrary to popular belief, self promotion is gay.

just my opinion:

im far from a big name volume painter. in fact if i get out 12 times a year its a fuckin feat. my name never appears on any bench lists-nor do fliks of my pieces appear in any of the metal heads posts....and quite frankly i could care less. my gratification comes from actually painting, and the comrodary of painting with crewmates. i been here before the internet and ill be here after.

as far as bench lists. of course i see myself up when i bench, but im not gonna put that in a list. because for me the fact that you got spotted somewhere else, or by someone else, even if its in your city is the juice. not okay ive seen myself up 2 times today. for me the real charge is seeing myself run for that moment. to run home to the computer and put it in a bench list on 12oz is a little to pretentious (that means gay) for my personality. i dont need the cyber gratification.

as for fliks. this shit has gotten out of hand. i cant begin to tell you how many kids i see post their own shit time after time after time and when i get to the bench all you see is *insert cricket sound*.

im not hating. if getting props from the 12oz audience is what you need to make you feel on top of your game than go for it, who am i to judge.

i would much rather see one of my pieces show up on here once in a blue moon from someone who actually caught it running than be the fool who runs home from the lay-up, plugs the digi into the computer, still covered in paint and rail dust, and posts pix of their pieces on 12oz before the paint is even dry.

but ya know....thas just me.

Wait a minute, look around for a second...where are you ? Right, you're sitting at your computer visiting the ubercool world of graffiti online. Isn't that the whole point ? To chat about your favorite paint color and post your own shit on the web so you can pat yourself on the back for a job well done ? Isn't it about showing the world how tough your burners are and how fragile your ego is ? Isn't it about pimping yourself out to all the internerds and occasional high rollers in hopes they might find you more interesting than the Osbournes ? Of course it is....keep patting yourself on the back, just be sure you don't throw your shoulder out doing it...idiots.

well i think that your thread is a total piece of trash. utter nonsense. what is so terrible about kids putting up their work on here? i like worm onorok, mber, and so on but it gets old looking at the sme peoples shit over and over. i think it spices it up considerably, like a new breath of fresh air. now if they are saying there are up or whatever then possibly it could get dumb but they're just kids just like you and they like to paint. and isn't graff about being seen by others too? critisim never killed anyone (well maybe not directly). the point is you are a stupid person and i cant understand for the life of why you think that you somehow are right or have the authority to judge. or do you just like to wine and bitch? or maybe that makes you hard? whatever the case may be you are a moron and i say all you unknown kids post away if you have some shit you like of yours i'd like to see it. cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by ZedIsDed

im too lazy to read all this shit, but contrary to popular belief, self promotion is gay.

just my opinion:

im far from a big name volume painter. in fact if i get out 12 times a year its a fuckin feat. my name never appears on any bench lists-nor do fliks of my pieces appear in any of the metal heads posts....and quite frankly i could care less. my gratification comes from actually painting, and the comrodary of painting with crewmates. i been here before the internet and ill be here after.

as far as bench lists. of course i see myself up when i bench, but im not gonna put that in a list. because for me the fact that you got spotted somewhere else, or by someone else, even if its in your city is the juice. not okay ive seen myself up 2 times today. for me the real charge is seeing myself run for that moment. to run home to the computer and put it in a bench list on 12oz is a little to pretentious (that means gay) for my personality. i dont need the cyber gratification.

as for fliks. this shit has gotten out of hand. i cant begin to tell you how many kids i see post their own shit time after time after time and when i get to the bench all you see is *insert cricket sound*.

im not hating. if getting props from the 12oz audience is what you need to make you feel on top of your game than go for it, who am i to judge.

i would much rather see one of my pieces show up on here once in a blue moon from someone who actually caught it running than be the fool who runs home from the lay-up, plugs the digi into the computer, still covered in paint and rail dust, and posts pix of their pieces on 12oz before the paint is even dry.

but ya know....thas just me.

bingo

Archived