Espo, Delta, Futura design new CK One bottles

Vandal4Life

i think its stupid to say theyre selling out.

calvin klein probably offered them a nice sum of money just to draw a picture for a bottle. plus you get your drawing on a ck one bottle - thats pretty dope in my book.

espo, futura, and delta have all paid their dues to graf and have churned out excellent stuff in the process - let them make a few bucks, dont hate.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest imported_Tesseract
Originally posted by Vandal4Life

"The characters are mysterious... they're on the move, and they defitnetly have a mission." - Futura

"Incorporating my own design on a bottle was simply a new medium." - Delta

"CK One is a Gen-X icon, and I wanted to revist that and pay tribute in a funny, irreverent way." - Espo

1)Why do people must be so pretencious...just say i did the less i could do for the money...

2)Twister should ne in the project since this whole thing seems like a rip off from his work with the drawings on the bottles

3)How come graffiti writers being all hardcore and shit end up doing the most played out stuff ever?

anyway,

<hey new icon.

Originally posted by some pittsburgh flavor

What has 9 arms and sucks?

def leppard, not led zeppelin. anyhoo, i think that the graffiti calvin klein bottles are lame, it is good to see that the artists are getting recognition (and money for that matter) but it seems kinda retarded... they look good though.

Re: <hey new icon.

Originally posted by wiseguy

def leppard, not led zeppelin. anyhoo, i think that the graffiti calvin klein bottles are lame, it is good to see that the artists are getting recognition (and money for that matter) but it seems kinda retarded... they look good though.

fuck selling out, espo is a GENIUS for getting paid to draw a little middle finger to put on tons of bottles of cologne that people are going to eat up like crazy.

always been a fan off of making bank doing the least possible, and at the same time for some extremely oblivious large corporations. props.

Guest imported_Tesseract

Re: Re: <hey new icon.

Originally posted by freightlover

always been a fan off of making bank doing the least possible, and at the same time for some extremely oblivious large corporations. props.

word, if you always dreamed about working for ck, or guess or microsoft or whatever and you finally got your opurtunity to do so..its cool.

if you spent your whole 'underground' life hating them and now that they've offered a bite of the pie you just run to get it...its not cool

but like i said, whatever

Re: Re: Espo, Delta, Futura design new CK One bottles

Originally posted by Tesseract

3)How come graffiti writers being all hardcore and shit end up doing the most played out stuff ever?

I don't see anything played out about famous designers asking graffiti writers to design their cologne bottles. As far as I know, I don't know anybody that's been asked to do that, ever.

There's a difference between selling your self out and getting paid to do something dope. Not everybody lives in the "underground world" wasting their time hating on society. Personally, I'm a fan of designer clothes, and seems like a lot of other writers are too, including one that designed those bottles.

I'm also a fan of getting paid by doing as little as possible.

or maybe the staff at CK are just playing on whats normal.

"tagging is the coolest"

mind you 95% of the joopies that buy those bottles will have no clue about any of those writers.

---------------------------->;) this is Tee sitting on the fence

Guest imported_Tesseract

Re: Re: Re: Espo, Delta, Futura design new CK One bottles

Originally posted by Vandal4Life

There's a difference between selling your self out and getting paid to do something dope.

I'm also a fan of getting paid by doing as little as possible.

You're right, wrong term there..when i say played out i mean lame...the problem is that they didnt get paid to do something dope..they got payed so CK can launch a 'graffiti' face in the market.

I dont want to be missunderstood over this, i admire all 3 said writers to the max, still the reason i hold em so high isnt anywhere on that bottle. I bet you all feel the same way.

I'm not down for making money doing the least i could do, its a cool moto to toss out but if you really think about it..it cancels all the reasons you do what you do. If we were talking about clercks i'd be the first to say its dope to do less and get payed, still all these guys have led a life for decades, worked hard on their stuff and earned respect from people in their field, they're names got so known mr CK knows about them...the way i see it, when you get the chance to breakthrough in the whole world, you try to do your best. Justify the rep that follows you as a great artist and not sell your name and street credibility as a cool graffiti dude...

but anyway, thats just me, i dont see anyhting dope in those bottles...still they're better than the original ones and people i admire have more money in their pockets...pragmatism not idealism

I'm pretty sure 99% of people who see those bottles will not think, "wow that's graffiti." i don't see a problem with it at all, it's not exploiting graff. and i'm sure that you will get more ladies by telling them you did the design on the bottle of cologne that you happen to be wearing, even if it smells like ass

id rather see that on the shelf then half of the horrible fucfking ugly cologne containters ive seen.

personally.. ckone is very 7th grade.. in terms of personal taste.. its a notch..(a small notch) above cool water and polo sport.

1 notch above these

hermes orange

issey miyake

gucci rush

real pimps wear solid gold.

_pasta!pants!!!

Man I don't understand you kids on 12 ounce hatin every time a new writer makes some money. If nike fuckin came to me right now and said "We wan't you to do a burner on our shoe. We don't care what it says or what it means, just give us something," I would hop on it so damn quick. I would be gettin paid to "GET UP" on millions of moving billboards world wide. I think that i would be the first writer to go "ALL WORLD."

You guys that talk all this shit about keepin it real and not sellin out seem like you want to be poor forever, or live at your parents house and don't know what it's like to have to pay for everything that you own. I know i wouldn't think twice about using my talents to better myself.

FERSHER

man it isnt anything new dont you remember all those girls walking around with $500 bags covered in louis vuitton written in an attempted "tag style" how many tshirts do you see for brands like stussy mossimo and mooks that are written in tag fonts or in a spray style with drips, i was reading a article that MARE designed a trophie thing for some award.. i dont know why everyone thinks this is like some new thing

For some reason JNCO made me the maddest. It's like they had non writers attempt to create graffiti styles. Super wack.

But im all for writers getting paid to get up.

I think there where a lot of people hating when they heard that giant was coming out with his own shoe's. I don't know if that ever happened.

Originally posted by Oprah Oner

I'm pretty sure 99% of people who see those bottles will not think, "wow that's graffiti." i don't see a problem with it at all, it's not exploiting graff.

Yeah most people that see those bottles wont know shit, but CK is the one that hired graffiti artists to design their bottles... why?

Originally posted by mr.yuck

I would be gettin paid to "GET UP" on millions of moving billboards world wide. I think that i would be the first writer to go "ALL WORLD." [/b]

I think it would be sad to become just another advertisement scheme to exploit yourself and graffiti culture for the money. If you have the ability to make work for a big company, be seem by millions of people, and get paid why not do something good... like maybe a big middle finger for the assholes that buy your shit??

Re: Re: <hey new icon.

Originally posted by freightlover

fuck selling out, espo is a GENIUS for getting paid to draw a little middle finger to put on tons of bottles of cologne that people are going to eat up like crazy.

i never said that the writers were selling out.

Maybe i'm veering off topic, but the fact that a person came up in graffiti culture and did does graffit does not limit them to just that realm. Is it selling out for graffiti artists to sell canvases? Is it selling out for graffiti artist to work day jobs as designers?

I got to work with ESPO last year when we came to a hospital I was working at to help us create artwork to be placed in the hallways. Nothing is more corporate than a hospital, let me tell ya. We all knew he came from a graffiti background, talked about it, and did our project - that could/could not be called graffiti inspired.

Espo is hell tight, you guys need to look at these people as being more than graffiti artists. Fact is guy is grown, maybe when you get bills you just might try and make some money. It you can mkae money doing what you love, and a lot of it, I see no problem in that.

wise, they didn't hire espo because he was a cool guy or because they liked his work.. they hired him because of his name, and so the advertising dept of calvin klein can brag to hoes how they know about graff and shit.

espo's design is pretty fresh, im not gonna front... but all 3 of the cat's quotes were gay as my dick in your ass.

"it's like they actually removed the graffiti from the train and put it here.. it has the same colors, the same movement..."

that site is right though.. nike is gonna get their herb to do whatever whether we like it or not, so might as well be us.

who's delta?

Archived