North Korea's Act of Agression

RumPuncher

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

its called saber rattling.

its kinda like a middle school class room, you got the trouble maker starting stuff, till he gets reprimanded and controlled by the teacher....then while all the teachers concentration is on this main bully, you got the dorky kid in the back who figures hes in the clear to shoot rubber bands at that cute blonde in front of him, till the teacher notices him etc...

interesting point bodice.

It's odd how it used to be all about fighting godless commies,

and now it's all about figting religious zealots with oil.

I think that another interesting point about N.Korea's war machine

is that they ARE planning to fight the US. If you are building such a

large force, you are not planning to fight against a smaller country.

You plan to fight against the biggest perceived threat. The USSR

only had one real ememy, the USA. The States only had the reversal.

One things for sure... Australia is getting into a very tricky spot by

being so quick to jump into bed with the states. They are very isolated out there.

more fun stuff !

US Bombers Sent to Guam Following Spy Plane Incident with North Korea

http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon30.gif'>http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon30.gif'>http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon30.gif'>http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon30.gif'>http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon30.gif'>http://www.12ozprophet.com/ubb/icons/icon30.gif'>

The United States is dispatching a bomber force to the island of Guam, in case it would be needed in the nuclear standoff with North Korea.

A senior Pentagon official tells VOA that 24 U.S. bombers will be stationed on Guam. He says the move is meant as a warning to North Korea not to underestimate U.S. military capabilities at a time when Washington is focused on a possible war with Iraq.

The official says this move is not related to Sunday's incident in which four North Korean fighter jets intercepted an American spy plane over the Sea of Japan near the Korean peninsula.

White House officials say the United States will formally protest the Sunday incident. A spokesman called it reckless behavior on the part of North Korea, adding that the United States is consulting with South Korea on how to formally protest the incident.

President George W. Bush on Monday raised the possibility of using military force against North Korea, if diplomatic efforts to halt Pyongyang's nuclear development program fail. The president said he still is committed to a diplomatic solution in the crisis.

U.S. and South Korean forces Tuesday began annual joint military exercises in South Korea. They are to continue until April 2 and are being called the largest joint maneuvers the two allies hold.

Pyongyang has demanded the exercises be canceled. On Tuesday, the official [North] Korean Central News Agency described the Bush administration as a lawless regime intent upon destroying North Korea.

Guest imported_SecretAgentX9

i am trying to think of what to say about this situation (this being everything going on... iraq, n. korea, "homeland security")

and i just don't really know what to say. i really hope all this crap going on will defuse itself, but for some uneasy reason, i don't think it will. with george w. bush in office, rest assured all the wrong things will get done, pushing these events further into atomic oblivion. fucking hell, democracy, what a joke. i voted, i protested, and will continue to do so, even though i won't really see an actual prevention of events i am against. GOD BLESS AMERICA, as my dollar bill tells me.

Guest TEARZ
Originally posted by BROWNer

i'm not entirely serious, but there's something

satisfying about a little 4ft dictator who wears

stiletto's not taking ANY bullshit from this admin..

one bellicose ass against another bellicose ass.

short men syndrome.

on a serious note, north korea is the prime example of how the bush administration's foreign policy is a complete joke.

steve austin is right- iraq's army is weak, very weak, and that's precisely why the us is picking on them. they have weapons of mass destruction (bilogical and chemical) but no nuclear capability. so they can't nuke the us, and realistically, the only situation where they would use their bilogical and chemical weapons is in a situation where the us invaded.

on the other hand, you have north korea, with an army of over 1 million dudes and nuclear missles that are capable of fucking up the west coast quite nicely. and this little stilleto munchkin basically said "fuck y'all niggas" to the bush administration, blatantly disregarded its nuclear treaty and said that they were gonna start production on a nuclear bomb. team bush knows they can't do shit about north korea, because north korea is far too strong; war would be too costly. to actually live up to all their macho bullshit talk would be completely destructive. so what is the message here to other nations/ "rogue states" haha? that if you build nuclear weapons, we won't fuck with you. the exact opposite of what team bush wants. the whole plan is ridiculous.

sorry that was longwinded, but yes browner, it is nice to see someone standing up to bush. however, kim jong-il is a psychopath fuck, and entertaining as he might be, dude is far more dangerous to the real world than just about anybody out there save bush. and talk about human rights violations at home... sheeyit...

Guest BROWNer

my feeling is that washington is a little bit ahead of themselves.

they claim they have multi-theatre capability, maybe they do, but

right now i don't see it. the overall combo of this administrations policies since 9/11 are a little too ambitious. the 'bush doctrine' and the nuclear posture

review, along with missile defense is a deadly combo, too bad

missile defense is so far off. i don't doubt that capability will happen

though, and when it does, america will be more inclined to wield

the sword if it has a shield as well.

:tongue:

Archived