do you ever get sick of......

Siris

parents and girlfriends and everyone telling you what to do and whats best for you..... i mean how the hell are they supposed to fucken know whats best for you when they aitn living your life...... cuz i mean everyones telling you what not to do and then you rebell and shit and then they make you do sumthing you dont wanna do and well you have no way out your forced to do somthing you really dont wanna do right now and its just a big pain in the ass.......

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by Siris:

parents and girlfriends and everyone telling you what to do and whats best for you.....

You have no idea how much I sympathize.

I had a really disturbing talk with my girlfriend of over two years the other day. She was getting onto me about not having a job and asked me what my goal in life was.....I told her, "to be happy in what ever I do".....she got this wierd look and said something like "that is a bad goal"....her goal was to be important and have money. "one of those people that get calls all the time"

Kind of made me step back and look at things again.

I actually take somethings older people say very seriously. I know that Ive lived very little compared to them. Its always a good idea to to talk to someone whos been experianced. But yes, I'd about 85% of the things my mom and dad say are things to make their life easier. Like I was born to serve them or some shit. It all has to do with the fact that they are getting old and enfeebled. Then again its also them expecting a little back for all the years they had to serve me.

Like when you go on date and buy a chick a drink or pay for all the expenses, you want some ass, or tongue atleast in the end.

Jesus of Nazareth:

I think your girlfriend is looking for security, in that 'able to provide' sort of way. A steady job is a sign of being a good provider.

Sitting around on your ass, not getting money makes her think she's vulnerable by just being with you.

Saying: "to be happy in what ever I do" is a pretty selfish sounding statement, it was most-likely a look of shock on her part. Like you had abandoned her for yourself.

Im not trying to tell you how to live your life or anything..

yo thats part of being a writer is taking the heat!

yo get a job or sell dank cause your girl may leave you over being broke and lazy!

or be a pimp like me and make her support you and tell your parents they are jealous cause they had to work at your age and you dont!

------------------

i hate working

Originally posted by etro:

yo thats part of being a writer is taking the heat!

yo get a job or sell dank cause your girl may leave you over being broke and lazy!

or be a pimp like me and make her support you and tell your parents they are jealous cause they had to work at your age and you dont!

Please stop.

Guest drewWrite

a good girlfriend should dig you for who you are. if she's trying to change you, she doesn't want you, she just wants any man...

Guest jarryd
Originally posted by B_As_In_Bot:

Jesus of Nazareth:

I think your girlfriend is looking for security, in that 'able to provide' sort of way. A steady job is a sign of being a good provider.

Sitting around on your ass, not getting money makes her think she's vulnerable by just being with you.

Saying: "to be happy in what ever I do" is a pretty selfish sounding statement, it was most-likely a look of shock on her part. Like you had abandoned her for yourself.

Im not trying to tell you how to live your life or anything..

shiaaaaaat dawg, you got deep thoughts smile.gif

respect.

Bots-

Trust me, I gave all those things thought....I have had two years with the girl, I know her pretty well.

I am not "sitting on my ass, not getting money". I am designing shirts, tattoos, and working odd jobs with a friend. I just don't get a regular check from McDonald's.

I think that happiness is a good goal for everyone to have. What else is there worth striving for? It was a pretty general statement, as well, I have no solid career plans at the moment...I want to clear my life up first...

I don't want you to get the wrong impression about everything, this wasn't something we sat down to talk out. The discussion occured over choosing movies at Blockbuster. I appreciate the feedback, I really do. But keep in mind you can only build observations on what I tell you, there are many factors involved that aren't here....I'd like to continue the conversation if you have anything else to say....

And who are you to tell me how to live my life? wink.gif

Your very accurate on the comment referring to how little I actually know about the situation, and yeah Im gonna elaborate on your last response..

Im figuring that she might be worried youll never get on track with a 'solid carrer' then.I hope you mentioned the "I have to straighten my life out" part to her. Crap, I hope you mentioned a lot of what you mentioned to my response to her, especially the bit about tats and t-shirts. I still believe shes looking for security. Its one of those undeniable, instinctual things women tend to look for in their mates. Having a job fulfills many of your girlfriends "instinctual requirements". In your condition Id say an increase of independance, As well as an independant reputation on your part is most sought after.

If you dont agree, just listen to my 'for instance'

Now for instance, lets say 2 people are dating through their senior year of highschool. At the end of the year the girl gives the guy an ultimatum saying: "Get a job or get out of my life!" And because the guy never got a job fast enough they broke up. Now fast forward 15 years later after the guy went to college and has been/currently is living very well through the stock-market. He comes back into town and makes contact with her, exhibiting that he can provide very well, but obviously showing an instant look of rejection/disapproval towards her.

How would the chick feel? at first she would aknowledge what had happend then feel pretty bad about herself, because shes not with him now. And all because of that one thing.

A believable story of how women really do look for good providers.

This story also says that some women are content with breaking a relationship off due to: no job.

Another thing you might consider doing is reassuring her that you can easily get a job, your near obtaining one or something like that. Tell her she should give you more credibility or what not, and she shouldnt give up on hope.

Just make sure you really do get a somewhat steady job otherwise youll look like a hypocrite to her.

in response to this post...

i'm not very much older than you guys on here. but i am legal to drink. and do whatever. and i do come from an asian family that is strict on making soemthing of yourself by going to college, getting a boyfriend, and making a family after you graduate from college. that is almost the asian dream. i completely did not do any of that. i went to art school, dropped out, still unknown of what i want to do with my life, and moved outta the house before 21. now working full time in a good paying job. but sorry to say this....there isn't one day now that i regret dropping out of art school. they supported me on that. nothing else though. but now i wish i stayed with it, i would have a job at some art company or sumthing. but i find it everyday that my parents, no matter how much they friggin nagged at me to better myself, they're right. they always end up right. and they do it for a reason, because they really do care. eventhough they can be pain in the asses. they really do care and they really do want the best for you.

as for the happiness....i have a girlfriend that just recently broke up with her boyfriend because he had no set goal in the future. they have been together for i think 4 years. she has goals though. what she tells me, she doesn't want to hear that. she doesn't want to be in the future with a boyfriend who has no goals what so ever and her pulling end and end. which i understand. it's an uneasy situation and girls usually want a set life and situation in order to have some kinda happiness in life, that's why most of us want a goal setter in life. as for me...right now i'm am living my life. i honesly dunno what i want to do with myself and i feel that it's an ongoing process. and it's gonna take a while. happiness is a good thing to have, but like finding what you want to do, it's an ongoing process. all i know is that i'm going to marry the one that i'm with right now, because we mutually love eachother. as for him, he has no idea what he's going to do in the future either, and that doesn't scare me at all. i don't care that he's broke or doesn't have any plans. so what? all i care about is if he loves me. and that keeps me happy.

Archived