asleep at the switch

cpickle

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest 87centHitMan

Shit. I think I remember something that happened in the us where some train driver and hisco-pilot were smoking a joint or some shit and thier train crashed...Who knows if I'm right, tho?

Chase, Maryland, 1987.

"On Sunday January 4th 1987, Amtrak's Colonial Pulled out of Union Station in Washington DC carrying 616 passengers and crew on 12 cars. 63 minutes later it was entering Chase Maryland at a speed of 128 miles per hour. Just ahead were three Conrail (freight) Locomotives that failed to stop at a switch. The result was a major collision which in the end left 16 people dead and 184 injured.... [Conrail engineer] Gates and his brakeman tested positive for marijuana in their urine and blood plasma, revealed the Federal Railroad Administration. The tests couldn't pinpoint when the marijuana was ingested, and the results didn't establish that the men were intoxicated at the time of the crash, reported some drug experts. Tissue tests showed the dead Amtrak engineer, Jerome Evans, 35, had no drug traces." (Middle River Volunteer Fire Corps)

Archived