Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
cpickle

asleep at the switch

Guest 87centHitMan

Shit. I think I remember something that happened in the us where some train driver and hisco-pilot were smoking a joint or some shit and thier train crashed...Who knows if I'm right, tho?

Chase, Maryland, 1987.

"On Sunday January 4th 1987, Amtrak's Colonial Pulled out of Union Station in Washington DC carrying 616 passengers and crew on 12 cars. 63 minutes later it was entering Chase Maryland at a speed of 128 miles per hour. Just ahead were three Conrail (freight) Locomotives that failed to stop at a switch. The result was a major collision which in the end left 16 people dead and 184 injured.... [Conrail engineer] Gates and his brakeman tested positive for marijuana in their urine and blood plasma, revealed the Federal Railroad Administration. The tests couldn't pinpoint when the marijuana was ingested, and the results didn't establish that the men were intoxicated at the time of the crash, reported some drug experts. Tissue tests showed the dead Amtrak engineer, Jerome Evans, 35, had no drug traces." (Middle River Volunteer Fire Corps)

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this