Backjumps, frontjumps and surfjumps!

Von schnabel

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont really think backjumps are a "hardcore act" or a thing for the nuts people. In many countries, I´m speaking for Sweden of course, backjumps is almost the only way to get the subway painted. Since the subway-yards are guarded to the max, the backjumps becomes the "standard-writers" way of painting subway. The top cats can of course do yard action, but as I said - most people cant.

And I dont see the crazyness in doing backjumps either. The train-driver really cant do shit except screaming (and in worst cases come down and hunt & argue..), the ticket-people cant even see you. The passengers are just a bunch of loud-mouths that often dont see you either, and if they do they can only knock on the windows and give you the finger.

...the vandalsquad & the undercovers are the real tricky part. Those sneaky bastards can sit in the train and just watch you before thay deside to hunt you down.

Shit is real...haha.

:lol:

Originally posted by V_Valium

I dont really think backjumps are a "hardcore act" or a thing for the nuts people. In many countries, I´m speaking for Sweden of course, backjumps is almost the only way to get the subway painted. Since the subway-yards are guarded to the max, the backjumps becomes the "standard-writers" way of painting subway. The top cats can of course do yard action, but as I said - most people cant.

And I dont see the crazyness in doing backjumps either. The train-driver really cant do shit except screaming (and in worst cases come down and hunt & argue..), the ticket-people cant even see you. The passengers are just a bunch of loud-mouths that often dont see you either, and if they do they can only knock on the windows and give you the finger.

...the vandalsquad & the undercovers are the real tricky part. Those sneaky bastards can sit in the train and just watch you before thay deside to hunt you down.

Shit is real...haha.

You have just sayd about the fun of BJ's. but i think daytime backjumps are more fun..video footage is good shit....

But theres nothing like the rush inside a yard...

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by Vlad

those train roofs are insane, never seen anything like it!

In London in late 80's or maybe very early 90's Tera had a roof piece run for months.. Lovely pink colour it was if I remember rightly (wasn't a backjump though)

Originally posted by skrib139

how fucking hard would it be to backjump a rooftop piece though...!

init..

Well imagine, tube layed up in Stn and your standing on the roof painting, it would be pretty hard not to get seen..Funny tho..

Originally posted by oliver twist

Only if we could do them platform things on the underground

same as... it can b done if u know which rail is electric and when the next train is comin on the ova line. big risk tho but some1 will do it. :D

Guest sneak

^^i think he meant that it could be done if you know where not to tread, and were extremely lucky (or knew exact train times) so you dont get squished.

Re: some göteborgs tram backjumps

it's posts like this that make europe look so fucking toy, i dont care if they don't run, or how hard it is, i think these are excuses for weak fucking styles and letters from kid's who pick up a can and do a fucking wholecar there second time out. blah blah.

Re: Re: some göteborgs tram backjumps

Originally posted by Fryre Dekoy

it's posts like this that make europe look so fucking toy, i dont care if they don't run, or how hard it is, i think these are excuses for weak fucking styles and letters from kid's who pick up a can and do a fucking wholecar there second time out. blah blah.

define toy. someone with no skill? look at the highlights and borders on most of those pieces. all on point. the letters are supposed to look like that idiot. someone with no heart? everything in this thread was backjumped with passengers, conductors etc watching or close by. the writers in this thread have bigger balls than the rest of the world. fact. and they don't go on american threads bragging about it - how they invented backjumps and quality paint etc.

since you already turned it into US vs europe (yet again): i've never, never, seen an american get as loose with their style as some of those trams. take your head out your arse for a minute and look at the Rois for example. that to me is the sight of a writer enjoying himself. look at how much character his dub has for 5 minutes work. he isn't following any rulebooks, or recycling 25 year old styles - surely thats what real graf is about? having fun? :idea:

nah man no no, i'm not turning this into a us vers. euro war war, and i agree, euros are doing something wild and having a blast with people watching, very ballsy.

i dig most of the stuff, rilo and o'clock come correct most the time, along with plenty others, it just seems like kids with no skill follow others with no skill and they still get ups for doing whole color peices with shitty ass made up letters that are "groundbraking and unused" because people don't want to use them, because they are whack.

like that zoom shit, garbage, him as a writer? i dont know, havent seen a lot of his stuff, but i could have gone without seeing that, and none of you euro writers said anything about it being whack? i mean shit, don't you have a line you draw, shit is shit in my eyes.

maybe it's just me personally, should have kept itto myself, it's just like, i worked on letters for two years, all day, all the time, and i did frieghts, and admittedly, wasnt ready, and regret ever touching steal back then , and will probably keep toy status from people seeing my older stuff, but my newer stuff should even it out... blah off point anyway.. these kids grab montana cheap from there little stores and go out painting and get props from everyone, call me a hater i guess. sorry.

Re: Re: Re: some göteborgs tram backjumps

Originally posted by nG

someone with no skill? look at the highlights and borders on most of those pieces. all on point.

i was tought to color inside the lines at a very young age, yall got coloring books over there in europeland right?

Re: Re: Re: Re: some göteborgs tram backjumps

i was tought to color inside the lines at a very young age, yall got coloring books over there in europeland right?

yeah i can see what you mean about the Zoom - if i bought a video or something and it was full of pieces like that i'd get pissed off with it pretty quickly.

also i shouldn't have said that all of these were done in chaotic locations, because a lot were probably done in a relatively chilled environment (although still quickly).

and i have seen americans get just as loose, i just didn't think of them earlier - Ghost RIS anyone?

while i'm here covering my arse: by 'real graf' i meant trainwriting, of all types, not just backjumps. personally backjumps are what i love most about painting trains, especially the way they are done in europe. but they are equally as important as yards or daytime layups or insides etc etc...

Originally posted by se_FOUR

Wait one sec, how long can you spend in a freight yard?? how long do you have on a back jump. well that kinda explains it for me..

thats another thing, exactly, yall get what 3-5 mins? i can get anywhere from 10 minutes to an hour depending where im at

Guest imported_b0b

maybe it's just me personally, should have kept itto myself,

Yep, reckon you should have

call me a hater i guess

Hater

nah man no no, i'm not turning this into a us vers. euro war war, and i agree, euros are doing something wild and having a blast with people watching, very ballsy.

i dig most of the stuff, rilo and o'clock come correct most the time, along with plenty others, it just seems like kids with no skill follow others with no skill and they still get ups for doing whole color peices with shitty ass made up letters that are "groundbraking and unused" because people don't want to use them, because they are whack.

like that zoom shit, garbage, him as a writer? i dont know, havent seen a lot of his stuff, but i could have gone without seeing that, and none of you euro writers said anything about it being whack? i mean shit, don't you have a line you draw, shit is shit in my eyes.

Those F-ups pieces crush! Purely comical pieces... American graff bores Europeans... it lacks humour & funk (Ghost & Reas excepted)... everything in these pieces is perfectly out of proportion! ... the highlights let the pieces down a little but otherwise... they make me giggle.

Guest imported_b0b

stop feeling all insecure over my opinion.

I do feel many things over your opinion, but believe me insecure isn't one of them.

I just don't get why you have to come in and post your negative comments like that? If you don't like it just close the thread and go back to looking at rusted pieces of metal painted in fields. What motivated you to post in this thread? Why did you want to share your negative comments with us so much?

Archived