Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
phoniks

12oz turntablist

how many of you are djs? whats your set up? what kind of music do you play?

myself

two 1200 and a vestax 05pro and an old amp that smells like its burning

hip hop...battle...funk.. fred wesly..james brown....miles davis..ohyea:p

i gott nice equipment but i never use it

2 turntables and a mixer and a bunch of vinyl

do i ever scratch? no

do i ever mix? no

does dust collect on the dust cover? yes

Guest sneak

<--- hip hop / rnb / urban / dnb deejay

im not the best, haha mos def not...but i do have gigs this and the next friday so what can i say?

Guest willy.wonka

learning to be..its pretty fun. i pay for classes. its kinda exspensive.$300 a session..is that really the going rate to learn? i can beat juggle

i am getting back into dj'ing. i started spinning about 8 years ago, playing hip-hop, detrioit techno/electro (now that new wave clash shit), and some dnb. used to play out a little bit in detroit at raves, hahaha, laugh it up. parties were small and dope back then!! moved, got more into graf, and let my shit sit for a few years. now i'm catching the bug again, mostly hip-hop, party-rock, downtempo/funky beat, elektronica type shit. too many music classifications thes days, i don't know what the fuck i play, what i like i guess. trying to get better w/ the tricks, but butter w/ the mix, haha, well maybe butter thats been in the freezer. heres my set up, vestax-pc-03 mixer(something like that)

http://pics.fotango.com/pictures/0400244163_002P.jpg'>

Guest sneak
Originally posted by willy.wonka

learning to be..its pretty fun. i pay for classes. its kinda exspensive.$300 a session..is that really the going rate to learn? i can beat juggle

fuck paying willy! its best to learn for yourself..not that hard

i have the Dm squared.....i own you all.

seriously.....i bought one off a kid cause i thought it would be a fun shortcut to make music....:o alas.........

i was wrong.

Guest willy.wonka

yeah, i was only kidding.i usually spin at my friends house, but his kid came into town and im giving them thier moments of life.i like going over there, cause its all about music.makin beats and spinning.

Guest sneak

, cause its all about music.makin beats and spinning.

amen.

yeah, i was only kidding.QUOTE]

double amen, cause if you're paying 3 bills a session I'm sure I can find something to sell you.

makeing music..yea willy thats what its about..beat juggleing is a bitch. has any one played with the craze records? i wore the micro grooves off those records and cant find a record store that has them. craze sets those records up for juggling that realy sounds ear pleasing rather than jumbled shit that alot of djs do to sound "original"

hopefully i will get into making some beats. if i can get some cash together to buy my homies cpu. he has all this music software on there, i'm pretty sure its the good shit. i've only played w/ fruity loops, but thats fun!

Guest ctrl+alt+del

wow makros is in mountain brothers?

Originally posted by nomadawhat

i am getting back into dj'ing. i started spinning about 8 years ago, playing hip-hop, detrioit techno/electro (now that new wave clash shit), and some dnb. used to play out a little bit in detroit at raves, hahaha, laugh it up. parties were small and dope back then!! moved, got more into graf, and let my shit sit for a few years. now i'm catching the bug again, mostly hip-hop, party-rock, downtempo/funky beat, elektronica type shit. too many music classifications thes days, i don't know what the fuck i play, what i like i guess. trying to get better w/ the tricks, but butter w/ the mix, haha, well maybe butter thats been in the freezer. heres my set up, vestax-pc-03 mixer(something like that)

http://pics.fotango.com/pictures/0400244163_002P.jpg'>

i cant stand that electro-clash shit. i spin dnb(more liquid funk,atmospheric), deep house, some undie hip hop, hip hop circa 91-93, downtempo

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this