im seeing the best hip hop group ever tonight

Guest beardo

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the setlist speaks for itself.. but..

1:

Birds of a Feather- short and sweet

Destiny Unbound- ae you fuking kidding me??????!!!!!!!!!! AND it was jammed out. had to be 8 mins. crowd = bananas

Horn- standard rocker

Bathtub Gin- silly, had to be over 20 mins. way out there

Sleep- nice cool down

Back on the Train- way above avg, total rock out, and long

Bouncing Around the Room- at this point it didnt even matter, loved it

Walls of the Cave- slight grumble on the repeat factor, but i was looking forward to it since the last one blew my mind... but it just didnt deliver. good rocking ending to a great set, but kindof a let down after the fantastic version from philly.

2:

Tweezer- niggaz know how badly i wanted to hear this song.. fulfilled the need in every way, probably 30 mins, went everywhere. page was ON FIRE all night, totally led this monster jam

Soul Shakedown Party- haha could it get better?

David Bowie- yes, it can. another 20 min jam.. very dark, spacy, heavy metal, teases in the intro high hat section and all throughout.. god fuckin damn. and im not even a bowie fan.

Round Room- perfect placement, fit the spacy vibe of the set, had kindof a soft, Simple-esque outro jam which swept around for a perfect -> into

Harry Hood- cha ching (yem- fishman was all over the place. you'll love this one)

E:

Contact- so fun, not as good as hampton, but still nice and funky

Mexican Cousin- i love this song and it rocked

Tweezer Reprise- perfect end to a perfect show

holy shit. if this isnt the best show of the tour, ill be shocked.

Guest im not witty

they played here yesterday, i went to the lot to watch the spectacle. then it rained like a fuck, and everyone got soaked. thousands of hippies getting drenched trying to get into the main door, all the while not knowing there was an open side door with no line that you could walk right through. stupid hippies. ;)

i heard a little set list talk later... um, some older stuff. another one bites the dust tease, some babershop quartet action, oh fuck it and some other instrument doodling for 3 hours. theres yer progress report from the front line.

Guest beardo

doh, didnt see your post, dusty. thanks for the shout anyhow.

im gonna need to set up camp at your computer this week, major downloading needs to happen soon.. :eek:

and feel my natural ability to time things.. within a couple minutes on all these...

you love a 3 song disc.. haha

DISC ONE

SET ONE

Birds of a Feather 8:49_

Destiny Unbound 7:21_

Horn 3:39_

Bathtub Gin 21:42_

Sleep 2:18_

Back on the Train 12:30_

Bouncing Around the Room 4:14_

Walls Of The Cave 14:44_

DISC TWO

SET TWO

Tweezer 27:08_

Soul Shakedown Party 8:16_

David Bowie 19:02_

DISC THREE

Round Room 7:17_

Harry Hood 15:14_

ENCORE

Contact 7:41_

Mexican Cousin 5:05_

Tweezer Reprise 4:44

Guest beardo

na, too lazy of a day, rain + tiredness = a whole lot of tony hawk video gaming. maybe this weekend? you going to be around? are you even trying to go to it again?

GYBE! tonight.. :king:

its going to be hard adjusting back to a regular show-less schedule

i wouldnt doubt it if summer dates are released this month

actually ill be seeing interpol this sat at irving.....was thinking of going in and maybe staying around....let me know what you decide...

that set list from nassau looks shorter but balzier....

did they ever find the missing kid???

how was the extra scene at the show???

Guest beardo

interpol.. only heard of them.. what are they like, how much are tickets :cool:

not a single extra ticket to be had dude, and there were a WHOLE LOT of folks looking

i dont think they ever heard from the kid, but no one was worried about it either, i guess he just dissapears all the time. weird.

gybe review tomorrow fo sho

hmmm....they are like....good.....stripped down rock and roll....no fluffernutter.....dont want to say they are part of the new swing in rock...ie strokes, hives, trail of dead, etc etc....but its hard to seperate em...anyways they rock......tickets cost me 25$ after the TM gouging...there are tickets on ebay for about that cost and im sure there will be some at the door....let me know

glad i didnt stand out in that ugly february long island weather....

i cant believe it, but i think the last time i was there was....fall of 93 for the dead.....woah, flash back

dusty would love to.....gotta find out though where me and the lady could stay and what time she has gotta work on sunday...she told her boss that she would sat afternoon, which killed me...but she is the responsible one i guess....lets try though....

ATTN BEARDO:

YOUR HELP IS NEEDED IMMEDIATELY:

PLEASE BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR ANY BEN HARPER TICKETS FOR BOWERY BALLROOM, MARCH 11TH...IF YOU COULD POST ON THE PHISH BOARD THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.....YOUR COOPERATION IN THIS MATTER IS GREATLY APPRECIATED

Guest beardo

no luck with the ben harper ticket yet. i dont even see it listed at most sites that im be looking on..

godspeed last night was amazing. im about to get a couple more tickets to the warsaw show, let me know if you plan on making it so i can get these.

beards hold that, im not sure about the head count...i still gotta see....

i was gonna post a new thread, but i thought ill just keep this fucker going....look at the next few months:

4/9 - spoon - irving plaza

5/1- bright eyes - town hall

4/25 - flaming lips - irving plaza

4/4 - GYBE - warsaw

3/21 - sigur ros - radio city

3/8 - interpol - irving plaza

3/11 - ben harper - bowery

4/19 - white stripes - hammerstein

3/14 - mason jennings - bowery

4/16-4/18 - sea and cake - bowery

4/29 4/30 - pearl jam

GOOD GOD!!!!! i gotta move into the city.......buckle up kids is gonna get ugly

Guest deth dealer

vermont KGB can't be fucked w/...oyster head has probly alredy been mentioned in here but its trey's most out on a limb work...hey phish you should do a cover of misfits devil's whorehouse...she works at the devil's whorehouse, she loves carnality, in her human pit of love entrance to heresy...when i sin i sin real good, when i sin i sin for sure, come alive in the house that screams...

Archived