near death experiences...

fr8lover

today i was put into a position where i couldve easily been killed or killed someone else. the weather was bad and so were the roads and i was on the interstate when my car fishtailed. i flew about 20 or 30 feet sideways in my car until i hit a milemarker past the shoulder, got a little countrol and flew across the interstate again onto the other shoulder and into the median ditch.

while waiting for highway patrol, i sat in my car trying to call my family or just anyone to talk to and let them know i was alive. my hands were shaking and i think i was in shock. the whole time i sat in the police car and gave the officer information i was dazed staring at the cars flying by on the road, seeing cars all over sliding and crashing into eachother.

no cars were near me when this happened, but if they were, or if i didnt hit the milemarker and a million other "or's" couldve happened instead.

my life is depressing as hell a lot of the time. i sometimes think about how much easier it would be to just die or end it all but after something like this i know i dont want to die, i CANT die. if not for me then my loved ones and all the people ive met in my life.

all of this "really puts things into perspective" bullshit and self-absorbed caring about my livelihood im glad im alive, and im glad to be in my room, listening to superchunk and doing laundry.

i doubt you guys give a shit, but i felt i had to write my feelings out. peace.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Well........about 2 years ago while driving home "faded"(that was my first mistake)....I hit a construction barrier going 80 miles an hour on the freeway at 3 in the morning--got my car airborne(no seatbelt either) and some how landed in the lane of traffic perfectly....the 2 front tires and inner fenders blew out....I broke my nose on the steering wheel from inpact....and sobered up within a second....Two friends of mine were behind me going home and saw it happen but they didn't know it was me(until they got closer).....they still talk about it to this day.....I'm happy to still be here....I'm lucky...very lucky.

ironically....I was driving a Dodge "Spirit".....amazing.

the last near death experience i had was when i was falling down a mountain with two planks strapped to my feet. they told me skiing was a sport dammit!

i was driving to work on new years morning a couple years back, same thing happened, driving on a two lane road..fishtailed, and i was sliding on the road for a good 20 feet at least, so that if anything had been comming on the opposite side it woulda been the end of me..but nothing happened to my car, and i just kept on going to work, too tired to fully realize what had just happened

everyone read this...its for your own good.

-when you die, all of your organs shut down, but some parts of the brain are still working for about 5 to 20 minutes.

-about an hour in real life is about 1 millasecond in a dream.

-some people have had near-death experiences and have said "I just had my whole life flash before my eyes."

-Ill let you figure it out from there...

its weird..it cant be explained because we really dont know what happens after death...but if you read that, its kind of like saying your whole life is a dream...in other words, your waking life.

I've had so many "IF" situations where the end result could have been my death. For whatever reason, I'm still around. I've been in several car, motorcycle and bike wrecks.

One of the car wrecks...I was in a Cobra doing over 100 mph when the tires slid out and we lost traction. We started sliding slow motion like right into the cement guard rail. Luckily we hit at a decent angle instead of head on. by the time this thing was over, we had done at least 5 360's. Some were in super slow motion and some we spun around so fast it was all a blur. The car never flipped (gotta love the extra weight in convertibles that keep them from going end over end). This car was 100% totalled. I was just amazed we all walked away from it without injuries.

Motorcycle...The one time in my life where I was actually going under the legal posted speed limit...some old man pulled out right in front of me. All I can remember is hearing the brakes lock up and then thinking that I was ok and that I'll be able to ride it out. No such luck. I ended up with one foot under the bike and the handle bar in my rib cage. My foot getting stuck under the bike kept me from being flung like a rag doll and bouncing down the pavement. The handlebar in the rib cage resulted in a cracked rib. The old man drove off and left me in the middle of the road unconscious.

I've been real lucky.

Originally posted by Kilo7-

the 'near-death-experience'...

The skeptical view

I'm not saying that people dont fear for their lives,

but the notion of 'light at the end of the tunnel' is best explained by science.

zesto: i wasnt using the term "near death experiences" to mean some sort of ascention into heaven type thing, but as a way to describe moments you make it out of when you couldve easily bought the farm.

interesting article, though. i just didnt want to call this thread "YO I ALMOST DIED TONIGHT" because that would be sensationalistic and selfish.

Archived