Northwest Superthread II(without crappy flicks)

RATT

seed doesnt have letters??? you must be blind!!

Alot of people are just to young to remember Seeds other stuff but Iv'e seen his older clean pieces on the street and on comission/freewalls. He put in lotta work, tags staight letters etc. His stuff is honest, mother fuckers just don't get it. A lot of people said the same shit talk about Picasso's later stuff because they never saw is early detailed realism stuff. Seed knows what he's capable of, he paints and has fun, He's not worried about what some fool on twelve oz is gonna say.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 58.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joshu

• BRYSO DISCO

• buckbang

• oe800

people are just brainwashed by magazines portraying free walls and permissionwalls as legitimate illegal graffitti and people perpatraiting to be graffitti writers when the bulk of the perps photos and portfolios of "graff'' are cropped free wall/permissionwall photos with a couple of once a year throw-ups thrown in there for effect or "streetcredit". So you get all these young and some times old fools saying the real graffitti thats actually on the street is no good because they compare it to legal aerosol murals when in reality the only time these perpatraiters can do "graff" is when its SAFE AND LEGAL AND GOOD CAPS ARE PROVIDED and these fools only knowing good graff by magazines can only spot goood "graff if its published in a new hip mag.

Alot of people are just to young to remember Seeds other stuff but Iv'e seen his older clean pieces on the street and on comission/freewalls. He put in lotta work, tags staight letters etc. His stuff is honest, mother fuckers just don't get it. A lot of people said the same shit talk about Picasso's later stuff because they never saw is early detailed realism stuff. Seed knows what he's capable of, he paints and has fun, He's not worried about what some fool on twelve oz is gonna say.

Ok let me get this straight..... you're comparing Seed to Picasso? Did you really type that? I mean i just read it... but I'm having trouble believing you said that shit. Anyway i'm sure seed has fun, good for him.. His shit still looks like garbage... you cant deny that

people are just brainwashed by magazines portraying free walls and permissionwalls as legitimate illegal graffitti and people perpatraiting to be graffitti writers when the bulk of the perps photos and portfolios of "graff'' are cropped free wall/permissionwall photos with a couple of once a year throw-ups thrown in there for effect or "streetcredit". So you get all these young and some times old fools saying the real graffitti thats actually on the street is no good because they compare it to legal aerosol murals when in reality the only time these perpatraiters can do "graff" is when its SAFE AND LEGAL AND GOOD CAPS ARE PROVIDED and these fools only knowing good graff by magazines can only spot goood "graff if its published in a new hip mag.

I agree with you.. legal graffiti sucks... Its boring in every aspect but that doesnt mean that all illegal graffiti has to look like shit either. there is a fine line between pretty wall pieces and nice clean throws or straight letters. I'm just confused when making your shit look ugly and drab became cool. When i was coming up shit was different.. take whirl for instance, dude rarely painted legals and his tags and straight letters were top notch. Menes is another example of this, he killed with style and everything was clean and crisp. Kids in seattle dont even try.. There arent a whole lot of writers in this city who are good. Dont get me wrong there are plenty of kids who do some lines and grill the streets but thats where it stops...These new kids settle for mediocracy.. nobody in Seattle is genuinely good at graffiti, its turned into a bunch of crackheads throwing shitty tags. Hate me all you want but its true.. Dont get me wrong there are a few who are exempt from this... But its really becoming few and far between!

Cheese and rice mothafuckas!!! Give it a rest with this bullshit.............yeah yeah yeah seattle sucks! I feel the same fucking way, but fuck man......this shit is hopeless so why bother? You're right...........the days of solid ass graffiti are gone here.........and no one but the next village idiot who wants to waste his time and energy inspiring the next generation of degenerate fuckbag dope heads and crack addicted writers cares! I can think of ten bajillion different things to do with my time than save this citys drowning graff scene! Fuck it........let it die! Why bother?

Cheese and rice mothafuckas!!! Give it a rest with this bullshit.............yeah yeah yeah seattle sucks! I feel the same fucking way, but fuck man......this shit is hopeless so why bother? You're right...........the days of solid ass graffiti are gone here.........and no one but the next village idiot who wants to waste his time and energy inspiring the next generation of degenerate fuckbag dope heads and crack addicted writers cares! I can think of ten bajillion different things to do with my time than save this citys drowning graff scene! Fuck it........let it die! Why bother?

Its attitude's like that has ruined this city's scene..If you arent a part of the solution then you are a part of the problem... Every well respected writer has left this city and never bothered to teach younger kids respect and how shit works.. Thats why Seattle sucks, thats why it isnt going to get better. Its the fucking blind leading the blind, its toys teaching toys.. and so on. Just because you dont want to bother or care enough doesnt mean that other people shouldnt. :shakehead:

thats some of the weakest shit ive ever heard.

Blah blah younger younger..... forgot to mention the kids that got punked into hiding back in the day. And are just now coming out of the moms house and realizing that alot of the older writers were gone. So now they can anonymously talk shit like look I'm old-school. Just jealous that some younger kid is getting up and your not. And everyone talking shit about other peoples graff but not saying what they write and not even having current shit to compare it to. If you don't like someones shit go over them be a fucking man instead of talking shit anonymously.

btmx2_web.jpg

For all the kids complaining, there sure are a lot of blank walls out there. I paint for ME, not some scene that is 100% sure to let you down if you give it some mythical place of importance. the "scene" is what ruins graff.

graff should be faceless.. we should never meet unless by accident.. while painting.. i try not to kick it with writers unless it's to paint.

it's a trap, especially the bar scene.. sitting around talking to writers gives kids the illusion that the are relevant, even if they haven't been putting in work.

it's a thankless job, the most you can expect to get out of this is you own section in "the heavens" when you die as a result of the fast living, or a chance to cash in on your culture, making you officially on the outside of the culture from that point on.

the only thing you can expect to gain from this is relief from that itch that is graffiti.. maybe some self worth.. using graffiti as a jump off for graphic design carreer is pretty good..it's a great reason to travel, and the attention to detail writers all have for myth, rumour, and the fine details of society, would make most of us excellent photo journalists..

peace

I'll race you guys in 2009.. first one to do a 4 color panel on the new light rail wins! feel free to practice on the sounder and the tram in vancouver and portland.. wonder why the kids in PDX don't have panels running? scared? beyond the scope of their abilities? maybe they keep the flicks secret (smart).. but i would loooove to trade flicks of rocked transit. PM me portland kids if you smell what i'm stinking..

beacon_hill_station_web.jpg

btmx2_web.jpg

For all the kids complaining, there sure are a lot of blank walls out there. I paint for ME, not some scene that is 100% sure to let you down if you give it some mythical place of importance. the "scene" is what ruins graff.

graff should be faceless.. we should never meet unless by accident.. while painting.. i try not to kick it with writers unless it's to paint.

it's a trap, especially the bar scene.. sitting around talking to writers gives kids the illusion that the are relevant, even if they haven't been putting in work.

it's a thankless job, the most you can expect to get out of this is you own section in "the heavens" when you die as a result of the fast living, or a chance to cash in on your culture, making you officially on the outside of the culture from that point on.

the only thing you can expect to gain from this is relief from that itch that is graffiti.. maybe some self worth.. using graffiti as a jump off for graphic design carreer is pretty good..it's a great reason to travel, and the attention to detail writers all have for myth, rumour, and the fine details of society, would make most of us excellent photo journalists..

peace

it all sounds so good.but you know nowadays WRITERS WONT LISTEN