Northwest Superthread II(without crappy flicks)

RATT

oc80... do you use the pen tool for that ish? and animating it in flash is hard as fuck. that program is time consuming.

Normally I wouldn't give out tricks of the trade, but I don't see how it can hurt.

Yes, I have a wacom tablet, but I only use it for editing photos and shit unrelated to drawing pieces. the vector pen tool is how you draw pieces. start with block letters. use layers to overlap, and choose different brushes to simulate fatter tips. it's great to draw this way, cuz it's more like painting than with deco markers or gay ass prismas. the colours are opaque, and you can easily switch colour schemes.

of course animating is a final goal.. not one to jump right into. you should be able to do all you need with yr mouse and the vector pen.endless fun. i haven't drawn pieces on paper seriously since 2004.

that way, if i do something i like, i can use it for tshirts, animation, websites, etc..

i know it's off topic, but maybe we can take a break from busted white girls with no self respect smashing thier boobs together with infected zits for fills.

seahawk-gucci-style-sep.jpg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 58.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joshu

• BRYSO DISCO

• buckbang

• oe800

or for people who paint 5x more than most other writers in this town. bump hops NBB. fyi, bridges are the daytime spots we do while waiting to paint our night time spots. don't get salty. it gets in the way of catching up.

Oh, no, I feel you on that tip. I just got done painting a bridge spot. I was super bored and there is nothing else to do until it gets dark. Bump the winter though. It gets dark right about this time. People are still driving though so it kinda sketches me out. fuck it :lol:

oc80 killing it with the vector art. I think you left out that it works great for stickers as well.

3977626901_7d552436f2.jpg

(design by Bhive, traced/redrawn in Illustrator by yourstruly.)

I got to try doing some digital pieces myself now, you've inspired me. It's funny though, how some feel about characters/artsy shit not belonging in the streets I feel the same about graffiti letters in art and as merchandise. Letters belong in the street not on a canvas, maybe thats just me. I think most of the time it looks pretty cheesy. but there are exceptions. I would probably rock some of those designs by oc80 on a shirt or buy it on a canvas...

You ain't wrong there oc80..cell phones incresed the random hero and snitch percentage sky high.

Typical nature of those who tellin to be anonymous and bitch made like that..

We still do it tho..fuck a cell, a cell phone and a snitch.

And the daybreakers ads are gettin on my nerves too...I prefer the mac ads over these new ones.

Haha.

Disco B. what's going on this coming week?

oc80 killing it with the vector art. I think you left out that it works great for stickers as well.

3977626901_7d552436f2.jpg

(design by Bhive, traced/redrawn in Illustrator by yourstruly.)

I got to try doing some digital pieces myself now, you've inspired me. It's funny though, how some feel about characters/artsy shit not belonging in the streets I feel the same about graffiti letters in art and as merchandise. Letters belong in the street not on a canvas, maybe thats just me. I think most of the time it looks pretty cheesy. but there are exceptions. I would probably rock some of those designs by oc80 on a shirt or buy it on a canvas...

whatever gets the job done. that bhive doesnt look artsy in my opinion

oc80 killing it with the vector art. I think you left out that it works great for stickers as well.. I would probably rock some of those designs by oc80 on a shirt or buy it on a canvas...

They exist. Bug Winner's Circle to carry them, or PM with sizes. Otherwise, hollar at Seeder for canvases.

But thanks for the positive feedback. Looks like people want my shit even though I'm not living up to my "full potential". Guess you can't believe everything the internet latchkey kids say. 1/2 off for my Tacoma fans.

-oc80