Northwest Superthread II(without crappy flicks)

RATT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 58.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• joshu

• BRYSO DISCO

• buckbang

• oe800

On a related note.....isn't one of those (black,white) not even considered a color?!

Black and White are CLASSIC bomb colors. I dont care where your from, the northwest, the midwest, the east coast.. black and white are the most commonly sought after bomb colors.

To awnswer your question..

There are plenty point of veiws considered true about black and white, and if either one is a color or not. Its a good question too.

IN THEORY.. an artist would think of it as Black is the absence of color (and is therefore NOT a color). White is the blending of all colors and therefore IS a color. I disagree myself, I beleive white would be the absence because you blend nothing to get white. Light appears colorless or white. Sunlight is white light that is composed of all the colors of the spectrum. A rainbow is proof. You can't see the colors of sunlight except when atmospheric conditions bend the light rays and create a rainbow. You can also use a prism to demonstrate this.

To prove my point THE FACTS..

Fact: The sum of all the colors of light add up to white. This is additive color theory.

However some ask this question. "Are black and white colors when they exist as pigments or as molecular coloring agents"?Black is a color. (Chemists will confirm this).

Therefore, if someone argues that black is the absence of color, you can reply, “What is in a tube of black paint?” You have to add the fact that black is a color when you are referring to the color of pigments and the coloring agents of tangible objects. Is white a color?

No white is not a color.

... but .... in some cases you could say that white is a color.you can't mix colors to create white. Therefore, white is the absence of color in the strictest sense of the definition.

Black and White are CLASSIC bomb colors. I dont care where your from, the northwest, the midwest, the east coast.. black and white are the most commonly sought after bomb colors.

To awnswer your question..

There are plenty point of veiws considered true about black and white, and if either one is a color or not. Its a good question too.

IN THEORY.. an artist would think of it as Black is the absence of color (and is therefore NOT a color). White is the blending of all colors and therefore IS a color. I disagree myself, I beleive white would be the absence because you blend nothing to get white. Light appears colorless or white. Sunlight is white light that is composed of all the colors of the spectrum. A rainbow is proof. You can't see the colors of sunlight except when atmospheric conditions bend the light rays and create a rainbow. You can also use a prism to demonstrate this.

To prove my point THE FACTS..

Fact: The sum of all the colors of light add up to white. This is additive color theory.

However some ask this question. "Are black and white colors when they exist as pigments or as molecular coloring agents"?Black is a color. (Chemists will confirm this).

Therefore, if someone argues that black is the absence of color, you can reply, “What is in a tube of black paint?” You have to add the fact that black is a color when you are referring to the color of pigments and the coloring agents of tangible objects. Is white a color?

No white is not a color.

... but .... in some cases you could say that white is a color.you can't mix colors to create white. Therefore, white is the absence of color in the strictest sense of the definition.

Don't front. Wikipedia. you didn't study anything.

the question was rhetorical...

despite all the hate mail i might get..... i gotta reply to this.

black is not a color... and white is a color..... why?......

because white reflects the entire spectrum. and if youre a painter and you think in terms of "well then why when i add all the colors together it doesnt make white?". because pigment is just matter and not the spectrum. its better to think of matter (pigment) as a filter rather than a color (particular wavelength of the visible electromagnetic spectrum). when you mix them all together you are basically mixing the filters (pigments)....so what you mix in determines what wavelengths are filtered out.

make sense?

on to black......assuming you understand the above paragraph....what is in the tube of black paint is not a color but rather material that filters out the entire spectrum.

Technically you cannot touch/bottle color because it is a electromagnetic wave.

And this all can be confirmed by nobody i know but myself. maybe some other geniuses on the forums i dont know....

Me and my dad were discussing this earlier..

Black, you have to add certain colors to it to come up with actual "black". Therefore black is made up of other pigments to get "Black". Therefore its a color. Am I correct?

White would be the absence. Its made up of only white.

Just my opinion theres so many debates on this.

the question was rhetorical...

despite all the hate mail i might get..... i gotta reply to this.

black is not a color... and white is a color..... why?......

because white reflects the entire spectrum. and if youre a painter and you think in terms of "well then why when i add all the colors together it doesnt make white?". because pigment is just matter and not the spectrum. its better to think of matter (pigment) as a filter rather than a color (particular wavelength of the visible electromagnetic spectrum). when you mix them all together you are basically mixing the filters (pigments)....so what you mix in determines what wavelengths are filtered out.

make sense?

on to black......assuming you understand the above paragraph....what is in the tube of black paint is not a color but rather material that filters out the entire spectrum.

Technically you cannot touch/bottle color because it is a electromagnetic wave.

And this all can be confirmed by nobody i know but myself. maybe some other geniuses on the forums i dont know....

gorillascratchinghead.jpg

That kato is fresh.... but man, I'm starting to think he's colorblind though, got any other colors besides black and white?

Who gives a fuck...this is Graffiti! Get what paint you can and crush it! You can never go wrong with black and white...those are the colors of crime people. Get it how ya live potna'....Bombing The Most!!

• Like 1

black and white are obviouly colors since everyone want to make this a chat board i belive that the black and white color respitoritally makes and deals amount of perception to the human eyes.. and when see on a wall as grafitti people this its posposturous and i dont care ... but if u come thru with the black and white rustos might as well outline it yellow or blue or green or any color that make it stand out ... fuk throwing a million colors in your peice if u aint got no letter style that shit will still be wack ass fuck then ur just a wack fuck... but back to the justified nature of the conversation rustos are great quality paint and i know people who help benifet thier dilema... krylon too... would be dope if montana was sold in stores but hey that like asking for pot at corner stores........... black and white rustos are great colors...obviosly...