Interesing diseases and syndroms. FOR A BOOK!

NoEZ

I've decided to write a book about a teenage boy that suddenly out of the blue discovers he has a disease or a type of syndrom that is deadly or just very interesting and complicates life. I want it so he can still live everyday as normal as possible so he can interact for a while, but gradually becomes less able to cope with reality. I am not very smart about any syndromes or diseases, so I come here to ask of you to help a writer out. Please and thanks. I'm not too sure if I explained it very well, so if there's some confusion just ask any questions.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

use croup or bronchitis.

I had to spen a few weeks in an oxygen tent when I was about 3,

and I couldn't imagine how that would change things in my life now.

Something like that would work well for your plot development becaue

it really creeps up on a person. He'd probably think it was cancer,

which would also add to the conflicts. AND you could tie in a smoking

message and be a hero.

yay for the hero!

i read a book called the cobra event. in the book the author talks about a disease called lech nyian, young boys start experianceing spastic convulsions and self canabalism. they eat there cheaks and lips.:idea: i dont know just a thought..if you like the shit scared out of you..read this book its about biological warfare and such

Anti-cigarette huh. I'm not reallyanti-cigarette. I don't smoke, but I don't really care what oher people do to there bodies. It's there life they will suffer the consiquences they recieve.

And the other book with Lech Nyian, I can't use that can I. It wouldn't be original.

Guest KING BLING

you'll have a more interesting time making up a disease and playing the "new disease" aspect into your plot. Anything else and it could easily become the story of Michael J Fox or Ryan White...there is a disease out there where the bodies immune system attacks the body as if it were a disease, eventually killing it but not immeadiately (possibly prolonged by medicine). That could offer some good metaphorical content if you are interested....but yeah....

That's what i was thinking of doing. I'm so sick of happy endings. Fuck em' I say, Fuck em'. If it's a disease, I'll probably have it kill him. If it's a mental disorder he might kill him self. But who knows, can't give away the ending if I don't know it yet now can I?

Archived