Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NoEZ

Interesing diseases and syndroms. FOR A BOOK!

I've decided to write a book about a teenage boy that suddenly out of the blue discovers he has a disease or a type of syndrom that is deadly or just very interesting and complicates life. I want it so he can still live everyday as normal as possible so he can interact for a while, but gradually becomes less able to cope with reality. I am not very smart about any syndromes or diseases, so I come here to ask of you to help a writer out. Please and thanks. I'm not too sure if I explained it very well, so if there's some confusion just ask any questions.

use croup or bronchitis.

I had to spen a few weeks in an oxygen tent when I was about 3,

and I couldn't imagine how that would change things in my life now.

Something like that would work well for your plot development becaue

it really creeps up on a person. He'd probably think it was cancer,

which would also add to the conflicts. AND you could tie in a smoking

message and be a hero.

yay for the hero!

By smoking message you mean a message implieing(sp) that marijuana is good? I'm probably misinterpreting(sp) your advice there, so explain a bit better.

i read a book called the cobra event. in the book the author talks about a disease called lech nyian, young boys start experianceing spastic convulsions and self canabalism. they eat there cheaks and lips.:idea: i dont know just a thought..if you like the shit scared out of you..read this book its about biological warfare and such

Anti-cigarette huh. I'm not reallyanti-cigarette. I don't smoke, but I don't really care what oher people do to there bodies. It's there life they will suffer the consiquences they recieve.

And the other book with Lech Nyian, I can't use that can I. It wouldn't be original.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Parkinson's, multiple sclerosis, or Michael Jackson's own Vitiligo 4.0: Full Bleach version.

Guest willy.wonka

make sure you write about him jacking off

Guest KING BLING

you'll have a more interesting time making up a disease and playing the "new disease" aspect into your plot. Anything else and it could easily become the story of Michael J Fox or Ryan White...there is a disease out there where the bodies immune system attacks the body as if it were a disease, eventually killing it but not immeadiately (possibly prolonged by medicine). That could offer some good metaphorical content if you are interested....but yeah....

Guest willy.wonka

plenty of books on that subject..super virus

A new disease would be interesting, but I actually wanted to use a real disease. Well thanks for what you've contributed already. Time to go do some research.

that he fucks a girl for his first time and gets syphilus.. teach the lesson of absitence/ using a rubber

That's what i was thinking of doing. I'm so sick of happy endings. Fuck em' I say, Fuck em'. If it's a disease, I'll probably have it kill him. If it's a mental disorder he might kill him self. But who knows, can't give away the ending if I don't know it yet now can I?

Guest wetcoastwhor

lyme disease!... i have it.. its wierd.

ticks are my favourite. :dazed:

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this