eat me!

melty

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's an excuse for people who couldn't pass art class to make up some new style and throw straight lines togetehr and be called an artist, or take 3 certain colors and make 3 different shapes over lap the colors or just do some weird shit and it's art.

HA. I just caught this being the first time I've seen this thread.

My friend, you need to open your mind more because that statement is absolutely FALSE. I'm not gonna get into defining art for you, but until you understand the "abstract art" I feel you are truely missing out.

on another note, most of this thread is pretty dope.

Guest KING BLING

THIS IS TOTALLY THE OPPOSITE OF WHAT I WAS FIRST THINKING< BUT NOW I"M GONNA SAY IT:

JOKER DOESNT REALLY PAINT!

SO MELTY HERE IS YOUR CHANCE, GO OUT AND START GETTING BUSY. DO THOSE PIECES ON STORE FRONTS, ON SIDE WALKS, ON HIGH WAY COLUMNS AND UNDER BRIDGES. STEAL THAT SHIT AND DON'T STOP UNTIL YOU'RE GOOD. IF YOU KEEP IT TO THIS WEB SITE AND YOUR BLACK BOOK YOU'RE A TOY, BUT YOU GO APE SHIT AND ACTUALLY PAINT, NOT ONLY WILL YOU HAVE THE RESPECT OF THOSE WHO DON'T BASE THEIR LIVES ON THE NET AND MAGAZINES, BUT YOU WILL ALSO IMPROVE IN THE PROCESS. ALSO, YOU WANT TO BITE SOMEONE ELSE? GO STEAL ABUSE'S STYLE TOO AS SEEN IN THE MIDDLE BELOW, I HEARD HE DOESNT WRITE ANYMORE, BUT EVEN IF HE DOES WHO CARES....

http://paintmyface.puregraffiti.com/paintlouis-98/paint-louis-49_x280-5.jpg'>

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by melty

yo! kING BLING SORRY IF THAT BEAT STREET SHIT DOES NOT APPEAL TO ME any more. I dont bite shit. I just draw. It is not like I have a picture of some one elses stuff next to me while I draw.

Look man, there is no shame in copying work you like. With that sort of style you don't need it right in front of you to have an idea in your head of what it looks like. The point is that sticking to blackbooks and using someones style is toy...

what do I like? Well the sketches in color above I like. And I like most thingsthat to me make some kind of sense

ok, that was before the part swiis_cheese quoted...i thought i was even more of a hoot than the other shit...make sense to you? does everything have to make sense? i can read melty's stuff, i can see form and function in it,it's not like it's the best, and melty seems to know that, but it's a damn good start, and it really doesn't even look like he's biting. things in life don't make sense, look around...

melty, keep up the work, i like where you are going, man. get some prisma's for yourself. i'm sure pretty soon we'll start seeing some dope shit coming from you. i really dig the very fist sketch you posted on page one of this thread. i won't post it again, i'm lazy...

take care

Originally posted by KING BLING

Look man, there is no shame in copying work you like. With that sort of style you don't need it right in front of you to have an idea in your head of what it looks like. The point is that sticking to blackbooks and using someones style is toy...

I see what your saying and understand where you are coming from. Do you know where this style came from? You think I am a style stealer yet you say I should paint it everywhere. Thanks.

Thanks casek! I do need some markers bad. I also knew that like 2 percent of the people on here would like my stuff. The rest dont like much of anything anyways so whatever.

nah, melty, the criticism is good for us. it helps us grow. develop your stuff out more. start really thinking deeply about which direction you want to go with it. i can, by the way, tell who your influences are. i'm sure they're flattered. i don't know if you should start painting that style everywhere...yet, just keep working on it, though....you're off to a good start.

good luck in your graffiti struggles

-out-

Guest KING BLING
Originally posted by melty

I see what your saying and understand where you are coming from. Do you know where this style came from? You think I am a style stealer yet you say I should paint it everywhere. Thanks.

Well I think some of your sketches look heavily influenced by Joker...than there are others which are sort of natural extensions if the same idea/technique. I see no concept of lettering or really of anything in your more traditional sketches with the characters. Trust me here, you clearly have few influences around you besides this message board but if you did they would be telling you to go out and do something illegal.

aye yo melty KING BLING is being way to nice to you....you fucking suck and shouldnt do anything illegal as a matter of fact it would be in ur best interest to just quit now before you do go do something illegal and wind up getting yourself in trouble.......ur not really biting shit u just suck..

Archived