eat me!

melty

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for real though melty what does it say? me personally i dont consider that graff,i think that stuff is like new wave canvass type shit..i dunno and the people who already rock that style have a patent on that shit basically...they are known for that style..whatever blah....

to thing about bitin joker, I don't see how what Joker does looks much better. Whatever you call that (someone said new wave convas shit, i dunno).... well I don't like it, it's some lines thrown together and to me it looks bad. It's like some art you see loks like a fuckin 5 year old could do, I ain't sayin what Joekr and whoever else does that looks like that cuz it don't, but just an example... that some art that people like just aint art to me and dont see how it looks good. Maybe I dont understand, but whatever... and to all you who are in love with joker and his work and are gonna hate on me now. whateva, just fuck off... I really don't care if you don't like my opinion.

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Melty, the style you are attempting requires an incredible mastery of lines, volume, and proportion that you don't seem to still have (but which Joker and beardo have oodles of). Experiment more with random abstract shapes and learn what makes the good ones look interesting, and the the bad ones look dull. After you got that down, you can start fucking with letters better.

what do I like? Well the sketches in color above I like. And I like most thingsthat to me make some kind of sense. Not some random staright lines thrown together that look semi good, maybe the best you can make it look, but even at best it stupid IMO. I would rather see someone make up a nice charcter (even a bad one, as long as its orignial) or do a nice piece or throw or some handstyles then the sort of art Joker does (and others too, so you know this aint directed towards him alone). And not just graffiti, I like other art too, but a lot of this modern art shit just looks like lack of actual talent. It's an excuse for people who couldn't pass art class to make up some new style and throw straight lines togetehr and be called an artist, or take 3 certain colors and make 3 different shapes over lap the colors or just do some weird shit and it's art. Or and splat paint ona fuckin canvas and watch it drip, let it dry and it will probably be some great piece. I mean come on, there is art out there that is just shit that a 5 year od could do tho, but it has meain in some way. I mean I've seen a damn paint that is a fuckin red square... what the hell is that Then the artist explains the emotion and what the paintin mens, etc, etc and its all bullshit lack of talent. I'm not gods gift to artists and dont have the most natural talent or anythin, there are those much better, bu tI'd rather try to learn what i consider somethin that takes more work and talent then whatever you guys wanna call new wave or modern art or any of that (this includes other weird art as well, nto just jokers type).

I'm sorry, but personally I don't get it... and I don't think you should have to explain it to me either, because I tink if art is gonna have a meain (which msot fo this modern shit seems to "Have") then it should be seen without havin to explain... i dunno... maybe its just me. And I aint tryin to hate on joker or metly or whoever else does it, but just my opinion. And so far noone has really jumped down my throat seein has so many love joker and shit... but if you do, I still say back the fuck off cuz I really dont care what you think of my opinion cuz it aint gonna change. I don't think Joker cares if I dont personally like that type of work and I dont' think anyone who does that kinda work will care if I don't like it, i know i wouldnt... hes got others who do and he likes it, and its probably good enough for him. People got the right to their opinions, and this is just mine... so anyone who dont like it, deal.

Originally posted by JayFo

what do I like? Well the sketches in color above I like. And I like most thingsthat to me make some kind of sense. Not some random staright lines thrown together that look semi good, maybe the best you can make it look, but even at best it stupid IMO. I would rather see someone make up a nice charcter (even a bad one, as long as its orignial) or do a nice piece or throw or some handstyles then the sort of art Joker does (and others too, so you know this aint directed towards him alone). And not just graffiti, I like other art too, but a lot of this modern art shit just looks like lack of actual talent. It's an excuse for people who couldn't pass art class to make up some new style and throw straight lines togetehr and be called an artist, or take 3 certain colors and make 3 different shapes over lap the colors or just do some weird shit and it's art. Or and splat paint ona fuckin canvas and watch it drip, let it dry and it will probably be some great piece. I mean come on, there is art out there that is just shit that a 5 year od could do tho, but it has meain in some way. I mean I've seen a damn paint that is a fuckin red square... what the hell is that Then the artist explains the emotion and what the paintin mens, etc, etc and its all bullshit lack of talent. I'm not gods gift to artists and dont have the most natural talent or anythin, there are those much better, bu tI'd rather try to learn what i consider somethin that takes more work and talent then whatever you guys wanna call new wave or modern art or any of that (this includes other weird art as well, nto just jokers type).

I'm sorry, but personally I don't get it... and I don't think you should have to explain it to me either, because I tink if art is gonna have a meain (which msot fo this modern shit seems to "Have") then it should be seen without havin to explain... i dunno... maybe its just me. And I aint tryin to hate on joker or metly or whoever else does it, but just my opinion. And so far noone has really jumped down my throat seein has so many love joker and shit... but if you do, I still say back the fuck off cuz I really dont care what you think of my opinion cuz it aint gonna change. I don't think Joker cares if I dont personally like that type of work and I dont' think anyone who does that kinda work will care if I don't like it, i know i wouldnt... hes got others who do and he likes it, and its probably good enough for him. People got the right to their opinions, and this is just mine... so anyone who dont like it, deal.

First of all I'd just like to say that you sir are an idiot...Saying the style that Joker, etc. have is an excuse because they couldnt pull of "real" style...please...I live in the area where Joker came up...and even though theres not much of his stuff left around here, ive seen my fair share of his older/newer stuff and believe me that he wasn't always doing the stuff he's doing today...hes just progressed a lot...i think if you really look at some of Jokers stuff...you would see that its not just some quick, slopply done shit where he just put down a bunch of straight lines on paper...Like El Mamerro said you have to have an incredible understanding of line, volume, shape,etc. to do the more abstract stuff...And he obviously does have that understanding...

Heres a Joker freight from 1997...just to show that he understands letter structure and isn't just doing the abstract shit because he cant do anything else...Not the best example...but whatever...

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00284203f00000021.jpg'>

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Hey Pat, I wouldn't bother trying to argue with him, he already stated his opinions, and although I couldn't disagree more with him, if that's what he wants to believe, then so be it. He knows he doesn't understand it, and he doesn't even want to understand it. If he wants to stay in the realm of shallow-but-technically-skilled-and-easy-to-digest art, then that's his loss. I'm sure that after years in there he'll come to appreciate abstract stuff on his own, it takes some maturing. Beer,

El Mamerro

Archived