which country has produced the best music? bands etc??

se_FOUR

Guest BROWNer
Originally posted by Kilo7-

dub music.

kilo droppin' science!!

bro, i've been straight rockin'

king tubby, scientist and mr.

perry all week.

ps-scratch is the lord.

pps-plus he is the maestro of

styles...i remember seeing a

pic of him in jamaica rocking

a pair of winter boots that went

up around the mid-calf point that

he'd ''personalized'' by gluing

chunks of broken glass onto...

hahahaha

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest BROWNer

http://www.students.cs.uu.nl/people/jvreeken/images/perry.jpg'>

the man. there's something hilariously unique about him..

he's fucking short too..i think he is probably 4'6 - 5'0......i saw him live 4 years ago and he stopped the show to

proclaim he had a 'big black cock'. as the show was winding down he

disappeared for awhile in the club, nobody knew where he was, but he still

had is mic and for 15 minutes or so all you heard was the disembodied voice

proclaiming his 'big black cock' size....hahaha..i think he was telling the ladies

in the club how to get some 'big black cock' at some point too..

kilo, do you have that grand

royal with him on the cover???

Re: here's the facts:

Originally posted by Dr. Drew

the peak of all western music was in germany. beethoven, Bach. pop music today sounds nothing like bach, but bach perfected and honed the music we use and take for granted. major scales, minor scales, 12 tones, all Bachs genius. all the music today uses those scales that bach perfected. pop, rap, rock, etc....all wouldn't have the foundation if it weren't for Bach's work. All the great composers after that in germany really built on Bach. So my vote goes to germany for producing the best music.

after that, i will say its all about the US. RocknRoll, Punk, HipHop, Turnatablism, the numerous forms of jazz, etc... all came from the US. people in other countries might have perfected it and taken it to new levels, but it was the US where that shit originated. can't argue with that. innovation occured in the US, fine tuning occured elsewhere. no one in the US is trying to emulate music from elsehwere (maybe french yeh-yeh) but everywhere i go in the world people are either playing american music, or there's a local group attempting a variation or interpretation of some american genre of pop music.

but damn, there;s so much great authentic folk music that never gets recorded that we in the developed world know nothing about, so its not fair that we can base our judgements on what is marketed to us.

Dr. Drew/music major

Led zep, Pink Floyd, beatles, rolling stones, cream,black sabbeth,the who,kinks small faces, sex pistols..theresmore but my brain can`t think right now.. America has no where near produced this amount a decent shit..

I go with USA.

Jimi Hendrix, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Bob Dylan, Prince, Elvis Presley, Miles Davis, James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Kurt Cobain, the list just keeps going.

Its impossible to say for sure. One could make a great argument for England as well. But for what its worth I say USA.

I had my suspicions that BROWNer would also be into the dub stylee.

so I've been rocking this album all week,

http://niceup.com/recco/images/bigshowdown.jpg'>

It's serious good find! Raw riddims and live dubs - battle styles!

and TIKI MAN...

http://www.circonium.de/music/pic/bmd-1.jpg'>

It sounds like dub love songs to me. It's a must have!

Originally posted by Kilo7-

http://www5a.biglobe.ne.jp/~IGMworld/jamaica-flag.gif'>

Dub made dance music.

HipHop was built in the Bronx by Jamaicans. The 'yard sound system' that made the DJ's into stars was already being done in Jamaica.

They also had a huge influence in the punk/ska scene in the UK.

Jamaica contributed one of the keystones to punk which has influenced all modern rock since then.

Kilo7/music nerd/snob

^ what he said

Jamaica has such a huge musical influence for an island of only about 5-6 million, can't begin to say how important King Tubby and Lee Perry have been to the progression of music

plus Kool Herc was a Jamaican, and when punk first started in the UK, before there were any punk records to buy, the 100 Club and the Roxy would play reggae and dub to the punks (Don Letts to thank for that) so as well that...

UK all the way (although got to give credit to america for jazz)

USA...but does it really matter?

on a dubby side note, I have this old punk video called punk rock movie that has a part with the (very young)Clash w/ a buncha dub producers in jamaica. And it's cool to see these guys teach the Clash how to pull of the reggae/ska shit.

matthewthirteen.

Originally posted by Matthew13

USA...but does it really matter?

on a dubby side note, I have this old punk video called punk rock movie that has a part with the (very young)Clash w/ a buncha dub producers in jamaica. And it's cool to see these guys teach the Clash how to pull of the reggae/ska shit.

matthewthirteen.

fuck i'm so after that film, that was Don Letts that filmed it all too, especially want it because The Slits are in it, a nutter 3 woman punk group who were produced by Dennis Bovell, a main man in UK reggae...and also, Johnny Rotten was an A&R man for Virgin's Frontline reggae label, he went out to Jamaica to sign up the good JA acts, and smoked some chalice with the rastas while he was there...fuckin punk rock

Japan is a country that has a lot of interesting stuff going on, and France was showing some promise with some good hip-hop and house, but Australia!? negative points there, the only worthwhile thing they've given us is Kylie

Originally posted by MrAerosol

america make pussy ass r n b groups. (bitches)

australia makes beer drinking music and bogan aussie hiphop. word.

the aussie's know they made the best..

Guest Dr. Drew

Re: Re: here's the facts:

Originally posted by se_FOUR

Led zep, Pink Floyd, beatles, rolling stones, cream,black sabbeth,the who,kinks small faces, sex pistols..theresmore but my brain can`t think right now.. America has no where near produced this amount a decent shit..

if you actually read what i wrote, i said that the music ORIGINATED in the US, but has been perfected in other places. rocknroll itself is an american invention.

kilo is right, i overlooked jamaica...

Archived