Audio recording heads, get in here NOW

xwibxonex

alright i'm screwed, my computers been edgy lately, but it still works, and i've still got lots of memory, so i'm happy about that,

I go back into cool edit and try and record like i usually do, mic plugged the same, same audio/recording settings as usual,

except

this time, i click the little R to record

and it shows big waveforms, like i was shouting or something, but i replay it back, and all i get is the beat from track 1 playing, just a little bit amped, thats fucked, WHY!

i unplugged and replugged my mic, tried to reinstall it, WTF is wrong with it,

and yes, i use headphones, i am pretty experienced in recording, but it almost seems as if the mic is recording internally what its playing,

becuase i unamped the main beat back down to -120, muted completely

and the mic picked up nothing, i tried shouting and amping the second wave track , and i didnt hear anything, what the hell

could it be drivers, my comp said it had disabled soem drivers that may cause system instability,

its always said this, for a looong time, but all of a sudden my mic dont work,

someone help, please

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

if you're using windoze, try reinstalling it. it won't hurt anything. just stick the windows cd in, go to setup and click that shit.

your drivers for the soundcard could stand updating, maybe...you should go to the manufacturers wbsite and find out if there are some new drivers for it...i dunno what else to tell you...i used soundforge back when i used to do a little fooling around with sound shite...hope you get it figured out, computer probs suck a big donkey dick

Guest BROWNer

i don't know what your prob is, but i fucked with cooledit

and goldwave for a few months a few years ago and made

some illball soundsz. both have some dope features..

Guest BROWNer

i don't know if this will make sense, i don't remember cooledit

to well, but, is there a record in adjustment somewhere???

adjust that so your input isn't blastmastering @ 10.

Archived