The Anti-War on Iraq thread

Guest imported_Europe

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just finished writing my first letter to a friend shipped over to kuwait city

and shit is not sweet....

i had the toughest time in the world figuring out what to say to this kid, and he's been my friend for years.

everything i wrote seemed to be out of step... any common ground seemed trivial, and yet i didn't want to make the shit too heavy too read; i'm sure he's got enough shit on his mind and might want respite... fuck.

and it doesn't help matters that it will take at least 30 days to get there.

i thought it might be a good experience. it wasn't.

anti-clear thoughts.

Originally posted by .:armr:.

it may be possible for there to be some sort of link (bin laden...hussien). i mean they all have a common enemy. US. :).

stupid isreal

if they werent so pushy

but they do have a right to be there...not to be as awful as they have been...i mean...we all know theyre just a pit stop for america...and now they think their some sort of country...cmon now

oh and just wondering...if any1 knows americas other aillies in the middle east and where we get oil from if you could post it that would be grand :)

and do you guys pro and anti war sides think they have a right to be there? is it their fault theyve been shitted on by all those people? just a thought

Saudia Arabia is a major US supplier and ally in the middle East. As a sidenote Osama bin Laden is actually a Saudi Arabian and Saudi Arabia funds numerous terrorist groups, possibly even his. They are also a dictatorial regime run by a royal family who rely heavily on the US's aid. Gorgeous country if you don't mind being put in jail and tortured for speaking against the gov't.

As for Israel-Israel as we now know it, is a creation of Britain after the SEcond World War. THe Zionist Movement, aka movement for a jewish homeland, started there late 19th century and Jews migrated to the British colony, living in harmony with Armenians and the Arabs. After the First World War, the BRitish gave control over to the Jewish people de facto. After the Second World War, they gave control over legally. Then shit started. Basically the British felt sorry for the Jewish people and decided to give them the territory that now is Israel without a thought for the people already living there. Imperialism at its best. The people who were living there already, the Palestinians, were understandably a little put out at their homeland being given away to the Jews. And so now you have 3 generations of Palestinians displaced and 3 generations of Jews entrenched. Complex sitch to say the least. Sins of the father being visited on the son.

Originally posted by ana

Saudia Arabia is a major US supplier and ally in the middle East. As a sidenote Osama bin Laden is actually a Saudi Arabian and Saudi Arabia funds numerous terrorist groups, possibly even his. They are also a dictatorial regime run by a royal family who rely heavily on the US's aid. Gorgeous country if you don't mind being put in jail and tortured for speaking against the gov't.

As for Israel-Israel as we now know it, is a creation of Britain after the SEcond World War. THe Zionist Movement, aka movement for a jewish homeland, started there late 19th century and Jews migrated to the British colony, living in harmony with Armenians and the Arabs. After the First World War, the BRitish gave control over to the Jewish people de facto. After the Second World War, they gave control over legally. Then shit started. Basically the British felt sorry for the Jewish people and decided to give them the territory that now is Israel without a thought for the people already living there. Imperialism at its best. The people who were living there already, the Palestinians, were understandably a little put out at their homeland being given away to the Jews. And so now you have 3 generations of Palestinians displaced and 3 generations of Jews entrenched. Complex sitch to say the least. Sins of the father being visited on the son.

The Saudi Arabian goverment is not all bad though. They keep their citizens well stocked in good universitys, hospitals, schools and enjoy a very low violent crime rate. The royal family will pretty much give you a car or a few grand if you ask nicley for it. The culture can also be very upfront and friendly for the most part. It is not uncommon to see woman on the street asking for money to buy gold and getting it. Granted they do abuse human rights but most nations do, and at least they follow a fairly decent doctrine for the most part. It helps if your a devout muslim and male though. I think the reason that Saudi terrorists have such a problem with the United States is because they take religion very seriously, the city shuts down five times a day for prayer..shops close and tv shows are interrupted, and large amounts of United States troops whose goverment directly supports Israel on their land makes people a bit angry.

For example, if Hawaii was occupied and had been at war with China for some time, how would you feel if there were large amounts of Chinese troops in your city near the very things you hold most dear?

I am not in anyway sympathizing with terrorists nor advocating their views, but I really belive this to be the reason behind it.

As far as Israel, just a few years ago everything was looking up. The economy in Palestine was going up and the country was doing well. I think what people in the United States are not exposed to is the fact that Israelis enjoy a modern western standard of living while natives suffer in refugee camps since the 50's that to this day do not have sewage and plumbing in buildings nor electricity. And what I still cant comprehend is how the Israeli settlement issue with settlements being illegal under UN and international, can be such and underlying issue that is not being addressed at all in regards to all this bitching moaning and whining from the Bush administration about Iraq being in violation of UN resolution 1441. I took a look at Jenin via a Time photo essay (really cool website time has for photo essays ) and the destruction was so massive. It looked like ground zero in Manhattan but it was peoples homes and lives in rubble for as far as you can see in the photograph.

thank you ana for the help with my question and *** for another point of view on it

id have to agree with *** on this one...i mean you gotta take the good with the bad

thats why im not so anti US

my kids will grow up with full bellies and a school to goto

our country is fucked socially but hey...nelly might get hit by a stray bomb who knows

and the most powerful country is obviously gonna be corrupt

jewish interest story.

Originally posted by ********

As far as Israel, just a few years ago everything was looking up. The economy in Palestine was going up and the country was doing well. I think what people in the United States are not exposed to is the fact that Israelis enjoy a modern western standard of living while natives suffer in refugee camps since the 50's that to this day do not have sewage and plumbing in buildings nor electricity. And what I still cant comprehend is how the Israeli settlement issue with settlements being illegal under UN and international, can be such and underlying issue that is not being addressed at all in regards to all this bitching moaning and whining from the Bush administration about Iraq being in violation of UN resolution 1441. I took a look at Jenin via a Time photo essay (really cool website time has for photo essays ) and the destruction was so massive. It looked like ground zero in Manhattan but it was peoples homes and lives in rubble for as far as you can see in the photograph.

at first read i was about to start screaming, thinking that someone who is seemingly educated could agree in any part to the occupation of Palestine, maybe it was due to the fact that i read things were looking up for Israel. first off things ALWAYS look up for israel, they are worldwide supported thiefs. i am NOT anti semitic at all, i have taken a strong opposition to modern Judaic belief systems that state something to the tune of if it is holy than we own it...

"private property is stolen land"

i think a majority of this country is kept in the dark about the plight of the Palestinians, while the demise of israelite life seems to be headline news, i think for all the respect i give cnn as being one of the few news channels that is less objective goes right down the porcelain god with the Palestine story. JEWS OWN CNN, not only that but jews own alot. (and they love sex Jewish women have sex more than any other *this is saracasm fueling the antisemite cause*)

sometimes i think what if i am just rooting for the losers because they are the underdog but then when it comes to logic i think a people unarmed and destabilized unifying and strapping c4 to a goat to blow up a bus because the overseer is afraid and will not allow them to arm themselves because passion is a good winner of wars, i think then i realize the domineering traits of global imperialism and that takes hold of me. i become entranced i rock a keffiyeh i dont hang out with the hassidics anymore and i fully suppot the liberation of Palestine plus reparations.

a little footnote on that rant, if you are Palestinian and you go to apply for a home loan at a bank you are waitlisted for 7 years until the Israeli merchant will "review" your loan application, now as an Israeli you can fill in the same info and you will with 100% bank funding be granted a loan with an interest rate that a fucking monkey could pay back. the Israeli govt (overseers) will grant you a stipend and provide you with supplies to build a "family safety room" complete with gas masks and air filters whereas the Palestinian family is beat with curfews constant ID checks and random assaults. hmmm usually the guilty act guilty don't they....

and i cant believe noone commented on the duct tape comment...

Guest rod stewart

WAR ON IRAQ

HEY SMART GUY LIBERAL TRENDY BACK STABBING IDIOT. IRAQ HAS TIES TO TERRIOISTS. HE WANTS TO KILL AMERICANS. ISREAL GETS BOMBED ALL DAY AND YOUR WORRIED ABOUT IRAQ.WHAT ABOUT THE JEWS? SHOULD THEY PUT UP WITH THE BOMBING? THE FLEW PLANES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER! THEY BROUGHT ANTHRAX. YES IRAQ IS DOWN WITH ALL THIS AND WOULD KILL YOU IF THEY HAD THE CHANCE. BUSH SHOULD JUST SIT BACK,THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION,BUT WAR,NOT MANY INNOCENT PEOPLE DIE IN TODAYS WARS.PLUS THESE ARE MAINLY VILLAGES WITH TERRIORISTS. WHAT IF YOUR MOTHER WAS IN THE TRADE CENTERS.DO YOU WANT OUR KIDS TO HAVE TO WORRY.DUMB FUCK! WAS YOUR MOM A HIPPIE AND YOU JUST WANT TO FEEL IMPORTANT SO YOU PROTEST THIS WAR.SHUT THE FUCK UP!

^^^ This guy is a tard.

You know where "terrorists" come from right? Theyre the children who grow up watching their families killed and their futures destroyed by repressive states like Israel and the U$, which have been terrorizing THEM for decades. Somehow I fail to see how doing more of the same is going to end that problem.

Guest ArtvandaL
Originally posted by Lil_5panky

^^^ This guy is a tard.

You know where "terrorists" come from right? Theyre the children who grow up watching their families killed and their futures destroyed by repressive states like Israel and the U$, which have been terrorizing THEM for decades. Somehow I fail to see how doing more of the same is going to end that problem.

Guest ArtvandaL
Originally posted by Lil_5panky

^^^ This guy is a tard.

so nice i got to quote it twice

Re: WAR ON IRAQ

Originally posted by rod stewart

HEY SMART GUY LIBERAL TRENDY BACK STABBING IDIOT. IRAQ HAS TIES TO TERRIOISTS. HE WANTS TO KILL AMERICANS. ISREAL GETS BOMBED ALL DAY AND YOUR WORRIED ABOUT IRAQ.

if your texting at me, let me state again what i said, I dont really care about Iraq, I am a selfish insulated american infidel and can look past the massacre of probably tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians in the name of protecting ourselfes. What affects me more directly is that the republican administrations currently in power has done far more affect the solid infrastructure of american society in a negative way. Somthing the terrorists could never be able to do single handedly and somthing that will victimize innocent americans for years to come, and on top of that you expect me to support the president in a one sided war against a country that has bucket ride hoopty missles that travel less than a thousand clicks...your trippen fool.

[/i]WHAT ABOUT THE JEWS? SHOULD THEY PUT UP WITH THE BOMBING? THE FLEW PLANES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER! THEY BROUGHT ANTHRAX. YES IRAQ IS DOWN WITH ALL THIS AND WOULD KILL YOU IF THEY HAD THE CHANCE. BUSH SHOULD JUST SIT BACK,THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION,BUT WAR,NOT MANY INNOCENT PEOPLE DIE IN TODAYS WARS.PLUS THESE ARE MAINLY VILLAGES WITH TERRIORISTS. WHAT IF YOUR MOTHER WAS IN THE TRADE CENTERS.DO YOU WANT OUR KIDS TO HAVE TO WORRY.DUMB FUCK! .

*edit, and about the anthrax, the anthrax we were attacked with-cluprit is still unknown- was military grade united states issue anthrax made by us.

I think that the Jews of Israel are held hostage to a onesided violent goverment. Recall that guy Yitzahk Rabin? I belive he had negotiated a entire peace settlement with the Palestine that was agreed to by Arafat and shortly before it was implemented, Rabin was assasinated by an Israeli rightwing radical and the goverment of Israel has been run by militant rightwingers ever since. My beef is solely with the Israeli goverment.

Bush does not give to fucks about you and if you think he does your playing yourself. The guy is an ex alchoholic coke head. The last person I would ever trust in such a posistion and you seem to over look that fact he never retained the majority vote in the last elelction. Many villages with terrorists, yeah there is. Theres also lots of blocks with homocide rates in California that will make your head spin a tthe unsolved rate of gun shot murders that Pres. Bush is not doing shit to resolve.

Not many innocent people die in todays wars? What about the 2.5 million Iraqis from the first gulf war added in to the cancer rate that has tripled from the use of depleted uranium. These facts were attained from Time magazine and Norman Shwarzkopf. If my mother or anyone I knew was in the trade center, I would be even more outraged that 20 terrorists with box cutters were able to kill thousands of americans. The fault lies with the united states goverment, these attacks were permitted to happen and federal regulations were not followed, in addition to the fact we had specific warnings the day prior and it ran in newspapers in afhganistan weeks prior.

If my mom was in the wtc, belive i would be raising holy hell and trying to the sue the federal goverment and all related agencys for a wrongfull death lawsuit. Your worried about your kids? Then maybe you should worry that school and social budgets are getting slashed so hard that the underfunded joke they were last year seems like club med.

[/i]WAS YOUR MOM A HIPPIE AND YOU JUST WANT TO FEEL IMPORTANT SO YOU PROTEST THIS WAR.SHUT THE FUCK UP!

no my mother nor my father were hippies, they were in the military as were their fathers. My family has been in ww1 ww2 korea vietnam and the first gulf war. I spent the first ten years of my life living on a military base and civilian housing in saudi arabia.

and boxcarwilly,

i think you misread me, all i was saying pretty much in regards to israel is that two years ago there was no sudden wave of suicide bombings and things were starting to look up for palestine but since the uprising the better part of all goverment institutions have been destroyed.

Guest bigdork

Re: Re: WAR ON IRAQ

Originally posted by ********

if your texting at me, let me state again what i said, I dont really care about Iraq, I am a selfish insulated american infidel and can look past the massacre of probably tens of thousands of Iraqi civilians in the name of protecting ourselfes. What affects me more directly is that the republican administrations currently in power has done far more affect the solid infrastructure of american society in a negative way. Somthing the terrorists could never be able to do single handedly and somthing that will victimize innocent americans for years to come, and on top of that you expect me to support the president in a one sided war against a country that has bucket ride hoopty missles that travel less than a thousand clicks...your trippen fool.

[/i]WHAT ABOUT THE JEWS? SHOULD THEY PUT UP WITH THE BOMBING? THE FLEW PLANES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER! THEY BROUGHT ANTHRAX. YES IRAQ IS DOWN WITH ALL THIS AND WOULD KILL YOU IF THEY HAD THE CHANCE. BUSH SHOULD JUST SIT BACK,THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION,BUT WAR,NOT MANY INNOCENT PEOPLE DIE IN TODAYS WARS.PLUS THESE ARE MAINLY VILLAGES WITH TERRIORISTS. WHAT IF YOUR MOTHER WAS IN THE TRADE CENTERS.DO YOU WANT OUR KIDS TO HAVE TO WORRY.DUMB FUCK! .

*edit, and about the anthrax, the anthrax we were attacked with-cluprit is still unknown- was military grade united states issue anthrax made by us.

I think that the Jews of Israel are held hostage to a onesided violent goverment. Recall that guy Yitzahk Rabin? I belive he had negotiated a entire peace settlement with the Palestine that was agreed to by Arafat and shortly before it was implemented, Rabin was assasinated by an Israeli rightwing radical and the goverment of Israel has been run by militant rightwingers ever since. My beef is solely with the Israeli goverment.

Bush does not give to fucks about you and if you think he does your playing yourself. The guy is an ex alchoholic coke head. The last person I would ever trust in such a posistion and you seem to over look that fact he never retained the majority vote in the last elelction. Many villages with terrorists, yeah there is. Theres also lots of blocks with homocide rates in California that will make your head spin a tthe unsolved rate of gun shot murders that Pres. Bush is not doing shit to resolve.

Not many innocent people die in todays wars? What about the 2.5 million Iraqis from the first gulf war added in to the cancer rate that has tripled from the use of depleted uranium. These facts were attained from Time magazine and Norman Shwarzkopf. If my mother or anyone I knew was in the trade center, I would be even more outraged that 20 terrorists with box cutters were able to kill thousands of americans. The fault lies with the united states goverment, these attacks were permitted to happen and federal regulations were not followed, in addition to the fact we had specific warnings the day prior and it ran in newspapers in afhganistan weeks prior.

If my mom was in the wtc, belive i would be raising holy hell and trying to the sue the federal goverment and all related agencys for a wrongfull death lawsuit. Your worried about your kids? Then maybe you should worry that school and social budgets are getting slashed so hard that the underfunded joke they were last year seems like club med.

[/i]WAS YOUR MOM A HIPPIE AND YOU JUST WANT TO FEEL IMPORTANT SO YOU PROTEST THIS WAR.SHUT THE FUCK UP!

no my mother nor my father were hippies, they were in the military as were their fathers. My family has been in ww1 ww2 korea vietnam and the first gulf war. I spent the first ten years of my life living on a military base and civilian housing in saudi arabia.

and boxcarwilly,

i think you misread me, all i was saying pretty much in regards to israel is that two years ago there was no sudden wave of suicide bombings and things were starting to look up for palestine but since the uprising the better part of all goverment institutions have been destroyed.

DAMN!! beautifully stated, question for you, I run into close minded fox news clones all day and get into heated discussions about this war, but i never feel like i get my point across, and feel like i state the same cliched stuff over again, So what do you think is the best why to get through to somebody who has been brainwashed by our media and president, or is it possible? its definatley a fine line because i tend to find most of them (generalizing) are very angry and when you even say anything anti war they throw commi or trader or did you forget the wtc. im rambling, any advice?

fuck you moaning hippies

havent you ever heard of the greater good or sacrifice?

Saddam is dictator. the names of everyone he didnt like in his party were read out and herded outside by his police and shot.

he had the karran written in his own blood and is having towers constructed to look like SCUD missiles.

He is obviously borderline insane, and it is widely acknowledged that he has highly destructive weapons and hates the western world.

He must be stopped, you fucking gutless fagets better recognise

Originally posted by Rectum

fuck you moaning hippies

havent you ever heard of the greater good or sacrifice?

Saddam is dictator. the names of everyone he didnt like in his party were read out and herded outside by his police and shot.

he had the karran written in his own blood and is having towers constructed to look like SCUD missiles.

He is obviously borderline insane, and it is widely acknowledged that he has highly destructive weapons and hates the western world.

He must be stopped, you fucking gutless fagets better recognise

damn, you ganxtah...:rolleyes:

Yup saddam is a dictator...glad you finally figured that out. Guess who put him in power and gave him those "highly destructive weapons" and supported him the whole time he was doing all those things to his people? Yup thats right the good old U$ of A...nigga i thought you knew...we dont have a problem with dictators until they try to retain control over their own oil and resources. THATS when they "must be stopped". :mad:

Really, this is a wack thread. I'm sorry, I know some people from this site that are "antiwar".... I am not anti war. I was considering entering the service for the sole fact that I may have the chance to take care of business for my country. I have other avenues that I must pursue, or else I would've done it. And I don't want to hear your shit about would have could have should have. Some reconciliation is in order here. I don't care how it gets done, but something needs to be done.... and anti war doesn't look like that's the LOGICAL solution.

look dont include me in the US is the villain shit im not even american, yesi know america supplied him and killed his baby but now he hates USA and its allies( my country - australia) and is armed.

He must be stopped, its quite simple

i coulnt care less it your country hooked him up in the past, its done , and now you need to fix it

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Really, this is a wack thread. I'm sorry, I know some people from this site that are "antiwar".... I am not anti war. I was considering entering the service for the sole fact that I may have the chance to take care of business for my country. I have other avenues that I must pursue, or else I would've done it. And I don't want to hear your shit about would have could have should have. Some reconciliation is in order here. I don't care how it gets done, but something needs to be done.... and anti war doesn't look like that's the LOGICAL solution.

now you are a man i would gladly fight beside, i hate these trendy hippy sensitve fools

i think these trendy hippy fools would fight too

i believe in this war

therefore i would fight for it

if they believed in it...i bet they would too

they just think its a pointless war

the reason id fight is so these anti war people can still have the freedom to speak

well not really...its just a bonus

i do hate the fact that it is become the trendy thing to do is be anti war

oh man...yo...yoa...yo...gi...that commercial hit the spot...along with that huge piece of ham...i hope i dont offend vegetarians too...:D

Originally posted by Rectum

look dont include me in the US is the villain shit im not even american, yesi know america supplied him and killed his baby but now he hates USA and its allies( my country - australia) and is armed.

He must be stopped, its quite simple

i coulnt care less it your country hooked him up in the past, its done , and now you need to fix it

here here...people make mistakes or strategic decisions...hook him up so they can take care of a bigger enemy

Oh so it's the ANTI-war people who are the "trendy" ones now huh? Yeah, I guess all those fools hopping on the patriotic "i'll do whatever my govt says sir" bandwagon left and right are the REAL independent thinkers. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and putting dictators in power wasnt a "mistake", the US has a long and continuous history of doing that to gain control over resources in other parts of the world...if you really believe that the goal of an unprovoked attack on Iraq is to "make people free" I'm sorry but you are obvioulsy an uneducated retard.

Re: Re: Re: WAR ON IRAQ

tell those fools that even Pat Buchanan opposes war in Iraq. As I texted, my family has been in wars 3 generations back. See how quick people even on 12oz are to rise to war? Well peep this fools. North Korea is a broke ass ho of a country WITH NUCLEAR WEAPONS THAT CAN STRIKE US. Please belive that mother fucker would not hesitate to sell one or more to mother fuckers in al quida or whoever else gots the bread for one.

My father served in the military through 2 wars and seventeen years. 12 were in the middle east. My father after spending 12 years representing american military in the middle east is of the opinion that war with Iraq is the absolute worst case scenerio.

If all you fools are frightened now, take in to account that AT MOST YOU HAVE A COUPLE HUNDRED THOUSAND ISLAMIC TERRORISTS THAT WANT TO KILL YOU FOR BEING AN AMERICAN. There is one billion moslems in the world to answer to the world wide call of a jihad against america.

and what really stuns me, is that this war is not being propelled by esteemed military minds.....not at all and it never was. this war is soley a so called preventitive measure pushed by the current bush administration. even the motherfucking cia states iraq couldnt do shit to us. and whats worse, is the CONGRESS GAVE PUSH THE POWER TO SINGLEHANDEDLY DECLARE WAR BY HIMSELF...CAN YOU BELIVE THAT SHIT???????

so basically, if you support the war than go to your local recruiter and enlist so you can train to be on the front lines. if not, then discuss why you dont somewhere with somebody.

recall that we got bitch slapped by less than twenty....thats the big TWO ZERO....TERRORISTS.

that aint shit fool. george bush has done more damage to your countrys social programs than the terrorists have to our society.

lives will be remembered and buildings will rise again. a generation of starving undereducated poverty stricken americans will have after affects that our children will have to resolve.

and im the fuck outta here......they found a truck bomb in my city today.

Originally posted by bigdork

DAMN!! beautifully stated, question for you, I run into close minded fox news clones all day and get into heated discussions about this war, but i never feel like i get my point across, and feel like i state the same cliched stuff over again, So what do you think is the best why to get through to somebody who has been brainwashed by our media and president, or is it possible? its definatley a fine line because i tend to find most of them (generalizing) are very angry and when you even say anything anti war they throw commi or trader or did you forget the wtc. im rambling, any advice?

Archived