DorkstaR ExtravaganzA

DorkstaR

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did I miss this thread?

Hey Dorkstar,

I guess I overlooked this thread. Glad I found it. Your style is nice, you proved that you can paint, you seem to be doing your own thing(the way it should be), so good work man. What is really impressive to me is the amount of dedication you seem to have to develop your ideas. Your book looks as though there is no white space. I rarely do color sketches, but stuff like this thread makes me want to. Keep up. I'm definitely going to keep an eye out for more stuff.

im not trying to be a hater, your book work is great, the character you painted took talent, so kudos for that, but unless you paint news, which maybe you do, can you paint the pieces you sketch? if so id really like to see some... like your work... just wondering how tight you can piece...

Re: he writes DORK

Originally posted by HECZONER

NEWS AND HIM ARE PART OF THE SAME CREW

yea i pretty much figured that, and the 'painted' shit he posted, the character took skills, so im thinking he might be able to piece, and his bomb was clean, but other than that none of the more complicated pieces are painted by him... thats what i was wanting to see...

either way, good work..

• 2 weeks later...

you know...your graffiti isn't THAT bad...some of it is interesting and others i don't like so much...BUT...it's like you're are just crying for attention....you don't need the internet for validity...as much as you may tell yourself, "i don't care what these kids on the internet say", you still have a thread, started by yourself, that you continue to put your stuff in. That says alot. I don't want to assume what your intentions with graffiti are, but really...who would have ever heard of you without the internet? That isn't meant to be some attack on you...just the way it works. Whether that's a good or a bad thing, who knows. i personally don't like it, but that's just me.

Here is some advice whether you want it or not.

Leave the internet now before that's all you are: Some 12oz writer who tons of toys jock the hell out of.

this is the nicest way i can give my opinion on your stuff.

good luck

i appreciate the advice... seriously.

however i dont believe that i use the internet to get attention. i could care less how people see my work. i dont need people to tell me how much they like ot or how much they hate it. this site is just sumthin i contribute to just becuase... there is no real reason. people want to see my work... thats good and encourages me to keep doing graff. this thread is for my work. i dont consider myself able to post in the TRAINING BIBLE thread... and i dont see myself in the TOYS POST HERE thread. i appreciate the feedbacks and comments left toward me... even if they are bad. who would have heard of half the people on this site if they didnt post up their fliks??? i agree with you that fame should be non-internet related... but im not looking for fame. i could care less whose heard of me. im content with where i am at this point due to my self encouragement. having people tell me that i am good at what i do just puts the icing on the cake.

you dont have to play nice with me. i know how to take negative criticism. the internet is just a way to get some feedback from random graff heads. i hardly post on here anymore anyway... i wish i could, but i got other things to worry about. im not here to worry about posting pictures everyday to put smiles on people's faces.

i really appreciate the advice... maybe i'll take it into consideration. but for now i dont see it so bad that people appreciate my work and give me good words. but if you tell others the same thing you tell me.. you know, the more decent writers (not being big headed)... and you tell them to leave, then there would be nothing decent to look at in this section of 12oz. this is the nicest way i can respond. thanks. laters.;)

Originally posted by blahblahblah

you know...your graffiti isn't THAT bad...some of it is interesting and others i don't like so much...BUT...it's like you're are just crying for attention....you don't need the internet for validity...as much as you may tell yourself, "i don't care what these kids on the internet say", you still have a thread, started by yourself, that you continue to put your stuff in. That says alot. I don't want to assume what your intentions with graffiti are, but really...who would have ever heard of you without the internet? That isn't meant to be some attack on you...just the way it works. Whether that's a good or a bad thing, who knows. i personally don't like it, but that's just me.

Here is some advice whether you want it or not.

Leave the internet now before that's all you are: Some 12oz writer who tons of toys jock the hell out of.

this is the nicest way i can give my opinion on your stuff.

good luck

right on

Originally posted by JayFo

ill shit... looks real hot, but do you paint? I am probably gonna get jumped on for this, but I almost could care less if you got this dope paper shit if you don't paint anythin. To me the point of paper is to think of ideas for paintin... not jsut do do paper for paper... the real shit is paintin it and that desvere the msot props, but sitll looks hot so props to that. And noone jump down my fuck throat, just myopinion, i'd take paintin somethin that don't look nearly as good over some crzy ill shit that is on paper anyday.

true,true,but still nice ass shit dorkr ealy like the colabos...

THE NAME IS STAR........... DORK...STAR!!!!!

Originally posted by PatTheBeaver

THIS LOOKS FAMILER?

http://www.lay-lo.com/graff/a-c/charm_bb15.jpg'>

DORK, HE CAUGHT YOU MAN!!!! NOW HE KNOWS THAT YOU WENT TO HIS STATE, WENT TO HIS CITY, WENT TO HIS NEIGHBORHOOD, WENT TO HIS BLOCK, WENT TO HIS MAILBOX AT THE EXACT TIME THAT LETTER GOT DELIVERED, TOOK A PICTURE WITH ONE OF THOSE JAMES BOND GLASSES THAT YOU GOT ON WITH A MICROSCOPIC DIGI CAM TOOK A PIC AND LEFT HIS MAIL BOX, LEFT HIS NEIGHBORHOOD, LEFT HIS CITY AND WENT BACK TO TEXAS!!! FUCK....NOW EVERYONE KNOWS THAT YOU'RE A BITER!! FUCK! SPECIALLY HOW IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME!!!

;) :D :D

*sigh* if people are gonna make style accusations, they oughta at least put glasses/contacts/eyes on, because otherwise they end up making fools of themselves.

PatTheBeaver, are you seriously making a biting accusation?

i highly recommend lay-lo.com that has got to be some of the sickest bookwork i have ever seen. as far as the whole "bear" thing goes.... when did i ever draw a bear? perhaps you are referring to my chunky munky. maybe not. but anyway, i really appreciate that you would put my work up there in comparison with charm. i think i feel my nuts growing on that note. j/k im nowhere near skills like that... and im WAY far from being a biter. no beef... i appreciate the good eye though.

p.s. hecz thanks for that wonderful comment. if i was giving out awards in my thread... id make you smartass of the year.

.... and possibly spic of the month. haha.

Archived