DAIM

TuffKid

this thread is pretty damn weak. i thought i would see some more daim images that ive not seen before... but i guess not.

daim is the originator,,, erni started 3d in america and at the same time daim and mate started rockin 3d's in and around germany. you can still find old daim and mate murals in hamburg from 92 or so

i guess ill post a couple flicks then

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00365283f00000019.jpg'>

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00365283f00000020.jpg'>

gainesville,florida

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00365283f00000021.jpg'>

http://www.fotango.com/p/eba00365283f00000022.jpg'>

getting up in hamburg

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

askew, thats a really nice mural. looks great.

i think what people fail to realize is that daim is an innovator for his composition and realization of structure. he also was the first to distort the perspective boundry. im a huge fan of his work and always look forward to seeing what his mind thinks of next.

i just moved from berlin to america. i had heard that the halls had fallen and the meeting of styles was no longer held there is this not true?

peace

eon

Originally posted by DREDZ

DAIM is ill. If he's so wack; why are all these recyclable niggas comin' up wit all these wack-ass paperbag 3-D syles, trying to bite DAIM. His shit is fresh.

what is this guy talking about, everyone isnt biting on daim ive seen

billions of shit that 3-d but not shit like daims work

-come on get serious

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by broshot

what is this guy talking about, everyone isnt biting on daim ive seen

billions of shit that 3-d but not shit like daims work

-come on get serious

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

maybe I should have made myself a bit clearer. First of all, I never said that everyone that did 3-D styles was bitting Daim. There are tons of kats out there that freak unique ill-ass 3-D styles, but there are alot of people that I've ran across that allow themselves to be too influenced by his work, too the point where they just completely bite his whole steez.

maybe I should have made myself a bit clearer. First of all, I never said that everyone that did 3-D styles was bitting Daim. There are tons of kats out there that freak unique ill-ass 3-D styles, but there are alot of people that I've ran across that allow themselves to be too influenced by his work, too the point where they just completely bite his whole steez.

You wouldn't mind giving some examples with that would ya?

Originally posted by nang'eds!

You wouldn't mind giving some examples with that would ya?

I'm not going to name names, but I will say: The mojority of writers that I've seen, that let themselves to be a bit too influenced by Daim are, usually, either newjacks, or kats that want to freak 3-D styles, but they don't know exactly how to go about it, so they may use another artist's work as some sort of reference or standard. Which is alright, to some degree, but I believe people should try to be more inspired by someone and less influenced. And, in my opinion, to effectively pull off a decent 3-D style, the artist may need to have a better understanding of some of the basic elements and principles of art. Like: line, depth, rythym, form, they should know more about how light falls on objects, and so on. Unless they just wanna paint block-style 3-D. I'm not saying that someone has to go to art school, but I just think that the best and most unique 3-D styles come from those that have a clearer understanding of certain artistic elements and principles. And, before that, it is imperative that one has a basic understanding on good letter structure. Most experienced writers wouldn't recommend that one starts out trying to be on some 3-D shit without first knowing how to do decent 2-D letters. Inspiration over influence is what I'm preaching.

....sorry about this long-ass paragraph, I usually try to keep 'em short

• 2 months later...

Is this thing on?

for those of us who remember, daim had clean trains floating through u.s. mags in 95-97: can control, true graff kings, 12oz i think...

so the guy definitely paid his dues at one point. if you haters had created the opportunity for yourselves to make a living off of painting, i'm sure there'd be no hesitating. "keeping it real" is about making a good life for yourself in your own way. so congratulate. don't hate the playa, hate the game...

• 1 year later...

I think a lot of cats hate on homeboy cuz he doesn't do throwies or doesn't really have any handstyles, which to me is kinda toy sometimes for a writer not to have hands or throwies, but the profressionalism and talent of this dude is remarkable. His style is definitely one of the most unique out of any I've seen, so you can't really hate on that area. I just think he brings a different side to graffiti, but I'd like to see some illegal shit of his or somethin, cuz legal writers are pretty homo. That shit ain't real graff. It is art nonetheless...

Originally posted by KING OF HELL@Feb 14 2003, 07:10 PM

DAIM is ill. If he's so wack; why are all these recyclable niggas comin' up wit all these wack-ass paperbag 3-D syles, trying to bite DAIM. His shit is fresh.

millions of people buy Britany Spears music. does that mean she's good?.. nope. it means its marketed well and easilly swallowedIm not saying DAIM isnt a good stylist with his work. what I am saying is just because a million people imitate it doesnt mean it is. all that means is they all fell for the next big thing like suckers.

some do it welll, and some dont, but lets face it, people for the most part work in this style because its a crowd pleaser. like characters. you can show it off to non writers and writers alike. its not horrible. its just another letter manipulation, but thats the key word. LETTER. daims got ok letters in my opinion, but 98% of all the imitators out there play can tricks and learn how to blend, and forget the letter forms.

thats what is so damaging about this style. it almost excuses you from having to put in the work and learn STYLE.

also. its the only style i can think of that was built for legals. which is just strange to me. even alot of jokers old abstract shit and gaze's weirdo styles were done illegally. this was pertty much born and bred for legals.

what makes you think anybody gives a shit what you have to say? you think people are waiting for some dipshit to type the final word on this daim cat?

Archived