anyone know anything about '88 nissan 200sx?

~KRYLON2~

just bought one off a friend for $200 it has a good body, 2.0, 5-speed.....

there dosnt seem to be alot of stuff that you can buy for it in the aftermarket.....i was thinking of tossing a vg30dett in it but i doubt it will fit or a sr20det i got the cash but dont know shit about import cars i already have a '87 stang that opriginally came with a 4 banger but i swapped in a 351...so if anyone has any info on this car please share it (aftermarket parts)......thanks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by ~KRYLON2~

just bought one off a friend for $200 it has a good body, 2.0, 5-speed.....

there dosnt seem to be alot of stuff that you can buy for it in the aftermarket.....i was thinking of tossing a vg30dett in it but i doubt it will fit or a sr20det i got the cash but dont know shit about import cars i already have a '87 stang that opriginally came with a 4 banger but i swapped in a 351...so if anyone has any info on this car please share it (aftermarket parts)......thanks

Sylvia conversions on this car are more difficult then with the 240sx which starts in 1990 I believe. You can probably do a front clip swap... but it's pricey... and I wouldn't swap or do a clip on a car older then '91 anyways..

Originally posted by YG Blood

Get yourself a Datsun.

haha....it basically still is a Datsun.

you could try and swap/re-build a six out of a seventies Datsun 280 Z and cram it into the newer Nissan...the motor's are nearly bullet-proof and should last a long time.... the horse-power ratio shouldn't be that bad either.good luck.

Originally posted by ~KRYLON2~

i already have a vg30dett out of a 93 300zx with about 40k on it.but im not sure i'll get it to fit

trust me when i say this...

you can make it fit...

- if its too big, just tub the firewall

-tranny doesnt fit, lift the tunnel

- too tall, drop the engine mounts an inch or two

-too wide, cut your inner fender walls out

where there is a will there is a way

Archived