throwups

Guest Prae1Boston

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
avoid all that negative space,

and go more simple on your letters.

also, try not to make one part of the letter pointy, and one part bubbly.

makes it look unbalanced.

keep practicing, ive seen way worse.

Well put . One thing I have always avoided ,and thought looked bad was combining styles. You gotta have one flow for it to pop. Lots of people don't always follow that rule though. You see throwies with 2 bubble letters and one pointed or whatever.I have also seen way worse ,keep trying different changes , You will know when your their. Sometimes I will get a new style going and it will work and be consistent , but I know I can get it better and will change and modify it for months until one day it clicks. But when it does I always feel it and say to myself thats it thats how you rock it. I think you should always stick with either upper or lower case letters as well , yet that is done often also. just my personal preference though. You'll get it.71

• Like 1

Also not too bad. Work on getting it clean and crisp. The one thing that jumps at me is keep your letters all doing the same thing . Lean them back or keep them straight.The s and e are leaning back and the p and the a are pretty much straight and the top half of the k is leaning forward , which conflicts with the others going back. In my opinion the most important golden rule in style, is weight and depiction . How you name lie's . How big you make the hole in the a let's say if you go small it makes the letter look stronger big and it looks thinner, and so on. Try to have everything match . Letter size, your start point, and the angled or straight set up. Keep practicing..71 also if you make holes go all hole ,or all slashes . The s ,e ,and k have no holes just lines making there form ,so I would just put a slash in the a and p ..