I want to see YOU.

DEE38

wrong, not moisenites.

it's the same thing as a natural diamond

they just compress the carbon in a lab rather than leting nature do it over eons

i guess it lasts forever.

Man-made diamonds: a girl's new best friend?

No, not cubic zirconia. Real gem-quality diamonds grown in labs are now entering the market -- and are much cheaper than natural stones.

By Jennifer Mulrean

Most people are all too familiar with having champagne tastes on a beer budget. But when it comes to diamonds, you may be able to have it both ways.

That's because gem-quality diamonds are now being grown in laboratories in places like Sarasota, Fla., and Boston. Forget cubic zirconia and Moissanite, which are made to pass as diamonds. Lab-grown stones are the real deal. And instead of the millions of years it takes to create natural diamonds, they're grown by man in a matter of days.

"We've essentially recreated the same conditions that occur hundreds of miles below the surface," says David Hellier, president of Gemesis, the Florida company that specializes in growing colored diamonds. "After about four and a half days, we get a three-carat rough diamond. From that day forward, there's no difference between that diamond and one that comes from the ground."

Even the Gemological Institute of America, the foremost diamond research and grading body, acknowledges that these are diamonds. "To say it's not diamond is really false," says William Boyajian, gemologist and GIA president. "It's just man-made diamond."

Truth be told, General Electric has been producing synthetic diamonds for industrial purposes for years. But until recently, creating gem-quality colorless or near-colorless diamonds that were big enough to cut was a thing of fantasy.

http://moneycentral.msn.com/content/SavingandDebt/P97816.asp

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's because gem-quality diamonds are now being grown in laboratories in places like Sarasota, Fla., and Boston. Forget cubic zirconia and Moissanite, which are made to pass as diamonds. Lab-grown stones are the real deal. And instead of the millions of years it takes to create natural diamonds, they're grown by man in a matter of days.

pfft... superman did it in a matter of seconds, fuck days.

aaaaaaahahhaaaa fuck..

naw it doesn't really look like im

i got reminded is all

aaahahhaahaaa shit i'm laughin you get poops rospsosospspsprops for that

those gold teeth though.

:nope:

OK, i admit i had fun. but fuck its hot as shit and theres nothing but fat disgusting rednecks and shiny shirt guidos and club sluts and euro trash with bad tattoos crowding the sidewalk. and a sandwich and a water costs the deed to your house. bleh.

ok. i gambled. i lost a bunch of money. on a bunch of different games. i placed 15th out of 50 in a poker tournament. none of these factors change the previous ones. vegas still sucks. the only bad ass thing about it, is that you can carry a can of beer out of your room, out on the street, and into mcdonalds with you. that alone almost saves it, but vegas still sucks.

it's a tooooofer

katiesteeth.jpg

whachuknowabouthat

goldones.jpg

I think they look good, but hten again Im from the Miami...girls out here in NY dont be reppein wit a mouth full of gold.. blah..

fuck that keep rockin them shits porkchop...

Well some girls here in NY do.

The really stupid ones, just the same as all girls trying to impress with their 14k 4-caps.

nah, im talking bout a mouth ful of gold ,, not a like 2 caps... full out grill is what im talking about.

maybe in the bronx, i dont know.... but not out this way in brooklyn..

Archived